It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have youtube and Firefox fell out?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
hi when i try to watch any video on youtube it will play and then a few seconds later it stop's and displays (firefox is not responding)it only lasts ten second's or so and then plays again from were it stopped but then a few seconds later exactly the same thing happens it kind of annoying infact very anoying it even happens when trying to watch a youtube vid on here and other sites witch host them,
have they had a lovers tiff i swiched to IE and no problem but i hate IE so im thinking of using chrome but my dislike of google's orwellian like behaviour i prefer firefox and there handy addons,any one know what the issue is?

edit on 22-12-2012 by haven123 because: EPIC spelling mistake

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
The only things I can suggest are to be sure you have the latest version of flash and clean out your cache possibly. Those are just the basic suggestions besides being sure that all of your plugins and extensions are working correctly.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by haven123

Download the latest version of FF, even if you already have it, just re-install it and then do what the person up there said too.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Use Chrome...less fails.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Firefox is working fine for me .. ( latest ) .. Could also be addon or something that you have installed that's causing problems.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by OptimusSubprime

being a bit of a tard with computer problems could any one tell me or even better post a link how to?

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Have you and your English teacher fallen out?

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

i love my fluffy little fox though

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

I love the template of FF...but Chrome is more reliable and faster. I used FF for a while and then I experienced the same problems as the OP and finally I said F-- it, Chrome it is.

I now use FF as my backup browser.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beavers
Have you and your English teacher fallen out?

If you're not going to help, why did you come in here in the first place to troll OP's spelling and grammar?

If you're going the install the latest version route, then follow these instructions (the first part may be optional, anyone correct me if it is please)

Go to control panel and from there go to add or remove a program. From there click on firefox on the list and click uninstall. After it is completely gone, go here ( www.mozilla.org... ) and install it again. After it is installed you'll have access to the browser. You may not have to remove your version at all though, I honestly have no idea myself.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Download ccleaner clear everything it's easy you just press a button ok....
There is nothing wrong with my firefox must be your problem...

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Tell me us what add ons you have installed too one of us may be able to help..

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   

What firefox have you?..you will need to have firefox 17 i think ..
Do you have avg internet security 2013 too toolbar ? just wandering also have you downloaded
any free software lately or since you had you're computer?..
edit on 22-12-2012 by denver22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Myomistress

If you're not going to help, why did you come in here in the first place to troll OP's spelling and grammar?

It's my way of helping. People won't think he's stupid when he gets it right next time x

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
There are 3 basic things you need to do (in this order). Check if the problem is fixed after each step, if not then move onto the next step:

1) Update Firefox - go to Help -> About Firefox and it will check for an update and apply the update if one is available.
2) Update Flash - go to this page and follow the instructions. Remove any old Flash plugins when finished.
3) Update Graphics Drivers - download the latest driver for your video card and install it. This process will depend on your type of video card.

If none of that works then try disabling hardware acceleration in Tools -> Options -> Advanced -> General.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Beavers

i have learnig disabiltys sir thanks for sinking me deeper into depression well done

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by haven123
reply to post by Beavers

i have learnig disabiltys sir thanks for sinking me deeper into depression well done

Don't worry bud, you must be far ahead of curve compared to standard sheep if you've got over 1.3 thousand posts on ATS.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   

mwah don't worry about it!

I just deleted off my system firefox and chrome.. still have some shared applications to sort out but I hate both of the programs, they have a lot of problems, very INVASIVE... bit like many of the virus programs, they take over your whole pc!!

I am also removing off my system specific flash add ons that are absolutely unneccessary. a lot of people laugh at me for 'not being up with the times' because I have chosen to resort back to IE. It isn't that I didn't upgrade or evolve with technology, there is very little user control over the latest strives in technology so people need to be aware of that.

there are individual settings on flash that the majority of people are unaware of. try them out but if you have too many problems... like your camera turning itself off and on! then remove the entire program.

edit on 23/12/2012 by Thurisaz because: spelling

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by haven123
have they had a lovers tiff i swiched to IE and no problem but i hate IE so im thinking of using chrome but my dislike of google's orwellian like behaviour i prefer firefox and there handy addons,any one know what the issue is?

There are several browsers based on the same code as Chrome but that do not have all that Google added features.
I have SRWare's Iron and Comodo's Dragon.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by denver22

only ad on i cant say on here it is against t&c's terms,but dont you hate adverts when you'r watching a film

new topics

top topics

join