It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How does one deal with doubt?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
reply to post by jiggerj

Is immaturity a major flaw with the religious?

I tell it like it is. If you want to blame anyone go blame yourself, because we all see you in here day in and day out blaming God for everything that pisses you off. Now if you want immaturity, there it is right there in your mirror.

Pffff! You don't tell it like it is. You derail the topic. You change the subject. You do anything and everything but LOOK at the logic of what is wrong with religious beliefs. It's like you people suddenly turn five and shout, "I know you are, but what am I!"

Dude... You were the first one to come in here and started to derail the topic... The topic is how one deals with doubt, not the topic that you have brought forth... Just look at page 1. Stop ironically victimizing yourself...
edit on 29-12-2012 by DelayedChristmas because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by DelayedChristmas

reply to post by jiggerj

I tell it like it is. If you want to blame anyone go blame yourself, because we all see you in here day in and day out blaming God for everything that pisses you off. Now if you want immaturity, there it is right there in your mirror.

Pffff! You don't tell it like it is. You derail the topic. You change the subject. You do anything and everything but LOOK at the logic of what is wrong with religious beliefs. It's like you people suddenly turn five and shout, "I know you are, but what am I!"

Dude... You were the first one to come in here and started to derail the topic... The topic is how one deals with doubt, not the topic that you have brought forth... Just look at page 1. Stop ironically victimizing yourself...

You can't be serious. The OP was talking about doubting in god over money (a mortgage and car repossession). I didn't attack the OP, I attacked the utter absurdity in weighing doubt in a god over money matters when people are needlessly DYING all over the freakin' world. If anything deserves ridicule it is this line of thought. Again, not ridiculing the person (because we all have stupid thoughts from time to time), but this stupid STUPID way of thinking has got to be brought to our attention so we can move past it. Even if there were a god, this hideous way of thinking is just another example of how we reduce an all-powerful being to something as ridiculous as a money lender. The thinking is WRONG! It's a LIE! And it would be cruel to allow someone to live such an ignorant, self-centered lie.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by DelayedChristmas

reply to post by jiggerj

You can't be serious. The OP was talking about doubting in god over money (a mortgage and car repossession). I didn't attack the OP, I attacked the utter absurdity in weighing doubt in a god over money matters when people are needlessly DYING all over the freakin' world. If anything deserves ridicule it is this line of thought. Again, not ridiculing the person (because we all have stupid thoughts from time to time), but this stupid STUPID way of thinking has got to be brought to our attention so we can move past it. Even if there were a god, this hideous way of thinking is just another example of how we reduce an all-powerful being to something as ridiculous as a money lender. The thinking is WRONG! It's a LIE! And it would be cruel to allow someone to live such an ignorant, self-centered lie.

The OP was not talking about doubting in God over money. It has nothing to do with money. That is not the conclusion to deduct. He was mainly using those situations as examples for the common person; it is a mean of being able to relate to the daily ordeals in one's life.

Simply, the OP is saying, through all the crap that happens in the world, how does one deal with doubt? One person's crap can be missing a mortgage payment, another person's crap is trying to fathom why people are needlessly dying all over the world.

I understand your concern for people to care more for those in need and it is an honorable one, don't get me wrong, however, you are derailing the thread by an incorrect assessment of the topic at hand.

<< 1  2   >>

join