It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How does one deal with doubt?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Toadmund
reply to post by jiggerj

6) god is testing your faith
7) satan is the prince of this world.

These are all canned responses, that man gives to another, because they simply do not know the true reason behind what has taken place. No one wants a canned response, they want an upfront direct answer as to why. This can only be accomplished via Father, not through man.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   
What an excellent question. For me I can just simply say that if you want to doubt things in life, well then you can probably doubt everything from who your real biological father is to if your Government is run by the Illuminati. What I mean to say is is that the question of "what is truth" is age old and if you take 100 different people and ask them this question you will probably get 100 different answers. That being said for me I believe in a Creator whom I have never met and place my trust and belief in Him because I look at the intelligent design of the Universe and realize there is a Higher Source. I also work the odds in my mind on things and realize that aliens and slime crawling out of the ocean to become monkey people is something I would rather choose to doubt

Enjoy the search for truth everyone!

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
I used to believe what the bible said about God ... just ask in faith and it will be given to you. So, two and half years ago, when I got really really sick I prayed for a miracle. I fully expected a miracle because that is what I had been taught ... Jesus heals and just ask in faith. Well .. I haven't gotten my miracle. I'm still chronically ill.

So .. you betchya I doubt ... doubt everything that has been taught to me about God.
I still fully believe there is a God .. but I don't believe He is Who 'they' say He is.

ATS Thread - Is God a Dead Beat Dad?

I have doubts .... I am confused .... but it really doesn't matter, does it? He is in charge .. for better or worse .. He has more power than any of us and it's His game we are stuck in so we have to play by His rules. We have no choice. So I just go with it now. But I no longer have the joy in my heart when I think 'God loves me'. ...'cuz I tend to doubt it a lot.

All I can tell you having experienced many of my own hardships through the course of the last few years, is it is the little things to look for.
I learned to not expect a quick fix miracle, they seemed destined for everyone but me.
I learned that patience is hard, and that obviously there are people that need taken care of before I do.
I learned that my needs are met when I need them to be, even if they are just enough to get me through the day. I may not like where I am or what I have to do without, but to be glad when the fruit in front of you is ripe.
I learned sometimes it isn't an issue with me, that sometimes it is someone else that he is trying to reach who keeps ignoring.
I learned it is ok to doubt, it is ok to get mad about it.
I learned to quit listening to money grubbing churches and discover God for myself, because God isn't an ATM or get rich quick scheme.

And I myself am still suffering right now but as of a few days ago I can see an unspoiled field ahead. And I have no worries that my needs will be met as I get in shape to work it when I get there. It isn't a miracle and will be a great deal of work to manage, but it will be what I need when I need it of that I am certain.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76

Originally posted by Toadmund
reply to post by jiggerj

6) god is testing your faith
7) satan is the prince of this world.

These are all canned responses, that man gives to another, because they simply do not know the true reason behind what has taken place. No one wants a canned response, they want an upfront direct answer as to why. This can only be accomplished via Father, not through man.

OK, I'll go ask my Dad then.

They are not canned responses, they are a list of excuses people give to god for failing.
He fails a lot.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
It is human nature to doubt. This is what always gets me through alot of problems:

Mathew 7:7

Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:

When something bad happens next comes something even better, I've seen it over and over again, even with the worry and doubt.

Tornado hit, Insurance took care of it. God always comes through. Ask, and it shall be given you; Make a call to your Father in Heaven, He'll be glad to hear from you, he loves and gives freely to those who just simply ASK...

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by YAHUWAH SAVES
I also work the odds in my mind on things and realize that aliens and slime crawling out of the ocean to become monkey people is something I would rather choose to doubt

Why ridicule science with simplistic biased views?
Why choose to doubt?
Watch some youtube vids on abiogenesis and get understanding, if you choose to.

It's not that simple, evolution took place over billions of years and very gradually.
To dismiss this shows a real lack of knowledge on this topic.

If you don't understand the science, god did it.
Science has dismantled a lot of 'god did its'

PS we did not come from monkeys, we branched off from a common ancestor, get some science.
edit on 25-12-2012 by Toadmund because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

how does one deal with doubt,

I have no doubt. I say, thank you Jesus for finding the money to pay for my mortgage. Now I know you will help pay for my car be cause you love me,

and
not
them

Time for this fairy tale to end.

Cool, blame Jesus.

Or, you could put the blame on the people responsible, like dear mom and dad. Don't have sex if you can't afford to feed your kids, it's called common sense. People starve when there isn't enough food to feed the population so the obvious choice is, stop having kids unless you like being irresponsible and want to sit there and watch your children slowly starve to death.

It's called free will, or free choice and if you make poor choices you pay the price. Back in my Darwinian days i'd have called it natural selection, survival of the fittest.

edit on 26-12-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

I know you are very anti-God and very anti-Christian but Christ said those kids are our fault. Those who have more are supposed to help those who have less. Attack the believer all you want but allow me to defend the bible.

You are correct many people who call themselves Christians do nothing but worry about themselves and what this imaginary God they have created will provide for them. But this is not the God in the bible.

Christ believed firmly that all men would be judged by the father based on what they knew. I think if there were as many followers of Christ as there are Christians we could end things like world hunger.

edit on 27-12-2012 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

how does one deal with doubt,

I have no doubt. I say, thank you Jesus for finding the money to pay for my mortgage. Now I know you will help pay for my car be cause you love me,

and
not
them

Time for this fairy tale to end.

Cool, blame Jesus.

Or, you could put the blame on the people responsible, like dear mom and dad. Don't have sex if you can't afford to feed your kids, it's called common sense. People starve when there isn't enough food to feed the population so the obvious choice is, stop having kids unless you like being irresponsible and want to sit there and watch your children slowly starve to death.

It's called free will, or free choice and if you make poor choices you pay the price. Back in my Darwinian days i'd have called it natural selection, survival of the fittest.

No, no, you can't give a god credit for the good in life and not blame him for the bad.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by DaphneApollo

And all those other people who pray and did not get an answer? Those people must be on a waiting list?

Do you have a VIP gold membership to the god prayer club?
God seems to listen to you, you must pray really hard to make god have the insurance pay out.
Yeee Haaa!

God hates coal miners.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Cool, blame Jesus.

I'm not blaming Jesus or god. I'm saying that the believers can't have it both ways. A religious person wins five dollars on a lottery ticket and it's - PRAISE ALL MERCIFUL JESUS! A tsunami kills 300,000 people, but No, god didn't do that. Millions of people can't find food, but that's not god's problem.

A car stalls on the highway, but starts up just before an accident occurs - PRAISE JESUS! A lunatic kills twenty babies in a school, but blame guns, not god.

Come on.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by sacgamer25
reply to post by jiggerj

I know you are very anti-God and very anti-Christian but Christ said those kids are our fault. Those who have more are supposed to help those who have less. Attack the believer all you want but allow me to defend the bible.

Again, I do not attack believers. I attack contradictions. If people want to believe, then at least be open enough to believe in something that makes sense, and do away with things that do not make sense. In the above you claim that Jesus said those kids are our fault. Fine, I have no problem with this at all. But, if we are to blame for the bad things, then we are solely responsible for the good things without any intervention from some god. It's the same with the god - if he is credited for the good things that happen to us, then he HAS to be responsible for the bad things.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   

But, if we are to blame for the bad things, then we are solely responsible for the good things without any intervention from some god. It's the same with the god - if he is credited for the good things that happen to us, then he HAS to be responsible for the bad things.

Hm. I wonder what other's take on this notion is.

I personally don't think it's this:

But, if we are to blame for the bad things, then we are solely responsible for the good things without any intervention from some god.

or that:

It's the same with the god - if he is credited for the good things that happen to us, then he HAS to be responsible for the bad things.

I don't think it is one or the other. I think the answer is a combination of them both... My theory: Both man and God are responsible for the things that happen.

We do and God allows things to happen.

We do good and God allows good things to happen.

We do bad and God allows bad things to happen. And the consequences of good and bad have one thing in common: mercy. The good is a blessing and the bad is a blessing in disguise. Yet again, this is my theory of the basic order of things. There are details beyond my comprehension.
edit on 27-12-2012 by DelayedChristmas because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   

We do good and God allows good things to happen. We do bad and God allows bad things to happen.
reply to post by DelayedChristmas

Soooo, everything is done by us, be it good or evil. What's the point of a god again?

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

The epitome of perfectness that we use as a basis for our brief sojourn on earth.

To create, innovate, love, have mercy, have faith, hope.

This is just my opinion of course.

edit on 27-12-2012 by DelayedChristmas because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

No, no, you can't give a god credit for the good in life and not blame him for the bad

LOL. Like you give him credit for any good done. All we see out of you is nothing but negativity. With you, whenever something good happens it's because of man and when something bad happens its' God. Please dude spare me. You come here to point the finger, not to learn

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   

reply to post by jiggerj

No, no, you can't give a god credit for the good in life and not blame him for the bad

LOL. Like you give him credit for any good done. All we see out of you is nothing but negativity. With you, whenever something good happens it's because of man and when something bad happens its' God. Please dude spare me. You come here to point the finger, not to learn

See! You are proof that most religious can't conduct a serious conversation without dragging people through the mud. I'm staying on topic and expressing my opinion, and you direct your barbs at me. Is immaturity a major flaw with the religious?

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Is immaturity a major flaw with the religious?

I tell it like it is. If you want to blame anyone go blame yourself, because we all see you in here day in and day out blaming God for everything that pisses you off. Now if you want immaturity, there it is right there in your mirror.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 04:07 AM
link   

reply to post by jiggerj

Is immaturity a major flaw with the religious?

I tell it like it is. If you want to blame anyone go blame yourself, because we all see you in here day in and day out blaming God for everything that pisses you off. Now if you want immaturity, there it is right there in your mirror.

Pffff! You don't tell it like it is. You derail the topic. You change the subject. You do anything and everything but LOOK at the logic of what is wrong with religious beliefs. It's like you people suddenly turn five and shout, "I know you are, but what am I!"

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   

He didn't say that at all, everything is us, god is absent in everything we do.
There probably is no god at all, I see no evidence, do you?

And he is not negative, he's a realist.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join