It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How does one deal with doubt?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I see that many have faith in God, but then doubt starts to creep in. Not doubt in God, but doubt in that he will see you through or provide for you when you need it most.

For example: Two years ago, you were two months behind on your mortgage, and on the verge of losing your house. But, your church stepped in and assisted you in paying your past due balance. At that moment, your faith was grown.

Now, to the present, you are facing trouble with the bank moving to repossess your car. Even though two years ago, you seen Father come through for you in a big way, this time you are doubting it will happen again.

I have seen that even if you were shown and it came true before, doubt can still take over as the worries of the present will supercede the faith that was brought on earlier via the events that came before.

Scripture tells us:

And Jesus answered them, Truly I say to you, if you have faith (a firm relying trust) and do not doubt, you will not only do what has been done to the fig tree, but even if you say to this mountain, Be taken up and cast into the sea, it will be done. Matthew 21:21

Only it must be in faith that he asks with no wavering (no hesitating, no doubting). For the one who wavers (hesitates, doubts) is like the billowing surge out at sea that is blown hither and thither and tossed by the wind. James 1: 6

But, to the human mind, many still lack how to properly do that. So, how does one deal with doubt, and stand strong as we were taught?

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

So, how does one deal with doubt, and stand strong as we were taught?

From my perspecitve, we eat a proper diet first. The food we eat is either provided for us as we move or it provides the path that comes next. A good diet opens the correct pathways. Knowledge allows faith to be constructed as a foundation. God is in charge of building our faith. We simply have that faith as the void that holds the nourishment. Between eating and expelling what does not belong, we are constantly nourished. Faith is trust that God will provide what we need. As it turns out, we are still in the garden and all we need to do to fill the void is reach out our hands for the fruit. It's not something we can take. It must be given. Faith in God is trust that he will give us what we need continually.

This verse says it all:

Matthew 6:33

But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.

edit on 22-12-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I am not a faith kinda guy and need proof for myself for something to be true and I can change my perception drasticly depending on new information. I also many times questions what society and religions really know about god.

If faith is not enought then get proof. When you are ready you will get an answer and that answer will be clear and you will never doubt again. But you might have to question a lot of your ideas/conditioning from religions of what god really is to arrive at that point. The bible tells some men's view of god and for different reasons god gets misrepresented from my point of view even if there is a lot of truths in the bible. Trust that god can reach you not man.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
You deal with doubt by looking at why you don't believe what you don't believe. Once you know why you don't believe something, you begin looking for the answers that will dissuade your doubt, provided those answers are truth. There may be a legitimate reason you have doubts.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   
I have read somewhere that only the Gospel of John is close to being the true gospel. I read the other books allegedly written by disciples were in fact not written by them at all. You guys who have studied the bible perhaps even more than I have, what do you think?

I have doubt they are real since the Gospel of John does seem much different when compared. I am now dealing with this doubt by starting a discussion about it which pertains directly to what is already being discussed.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76

But, to the human mind, many still lack how to properly do that. So, how does one deal with doubt, and stand strong as we were taught?

The human mind will always tell you there is lack. The mind is a fear monger. It is scared and it scares you with it's incessant talking and worrying. The mind is like the devil that torments you and puts fear into you - if believed - do not let it decieve you.
One must rise above the mind and just listen to it. When you place yourself above the mind and just hear it, you will claim back your rightful place. When you realize yourself as the one who hears, instead of the one that speaks, you will be at peace.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   

how does one deal with doubt,

I have no doubt. I say, thank you Jesus for finding the money to pay for my mortgage. Now I know you will help pay for my car be cause you love me,

and
not
them

Time for this fairy tale to end.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Jameliel

I would say Paul is a manipulating person who is caught up in his way or hell. Not a good teacher of nonduality since he keeps eating the apple of duality as for instance saying that woman should be silent and not involved with preaching.

In the bible you are both listening to the nondualistic message and the dualistic message. You are both listening to the nondualistic message where Jesus say do not judge and love your enemy and the opposite snake saying you are safe by just saying Jesus words that Matthew say is not true.

That religious book is such a mess only a saint or a very questioning person can make any use of it. But then the Quran with it's fearing of god is not doing any better.

Three religions preaching indoctrination (Judism, Christianety, Islam) and duality while saying they are preaching love, peace and equality. What a joke. If these religions was religions of peace and equality then they would have created peace and equality long ago in the dark ages.

Do not worry so much about what religions tell you to belive or I tell you
. Follow the golden rule and take responsability to what you create.

The god that exist behind the mask of human knowledge in all religions and science would not let any soul that is worthy suffer because it has not been able to reach the soul to have a meaningful relationship. Because it is up to you and god to decide the level of relationship you are gonna have and on this level it will probably be limited, to not give you to much information that will build up your ego and disconnect you to your soulbrothers and soulsisters.
edit on 23-12-2012 by LittleByLittle because: Spellchecking

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

That says more about most of the so called "righteous" in faith showing their belief in god is only a mask/grouping and not something they truely act on. A true Christian would not accept war or be greedy since they are totally counter to higher ideals. You cannot be a parasite/enslaver on your brothers/sisters and even nature and still be a Christian. Matthew says Jesus call these (Christian) people goats and Jesus could not care less about helping them since they will not help the soulbrothers and soulsisters that are in missary.
edit on 23-12-2012 by LittleByLittle because: Spellchecking

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

It's not something we can take. It must be given. Faith in God is trust that he will give us what we need continually.

True. Even the ones above can not take compassion, emotions, and the such, they must be given by Father.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by LittleByLittle

I also many times questions what society and religions really know about god.

Christianity would be the closest to what truly is, but it still lacks many details of Father. But, you could even ask the same question to the chief angel, and his answer would differ than that if Father told you directly. Father gives each and everyone a measure of all.

Religion is simply mans view of God. Even above, what Father does and how he does it is not questioned, they only do as they are told. So, Father would be the only authoritative source on telling self about self.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   

I see that many have faith in God, but then doubt starts to creep in. Not doubt in God, but doubt in that he will see you through or provide for you when you need it most.

For example: Two years ago, you were two months behind on your mortgage, and on the verge of losing your house. But, your church stepped in and assisted you in paying your past due balance. At that moment, your faith was grown.

Now, to the present, you are facing trouble with the bank moving to repossess your car. Even though two years ago, you seen Father come through for you in a big way, this time you are doubting it will happen again.

I have seen that even if you were shown and it came true before, doubt can still take over as the worries of the present will supercede the faith that was brought on earlier via the events that came before.

Scripture tells us:

And Jesus answered them, Truly I say to you, if you have faith (a firm relying trust) and do not doubt, you will not only do what has been done to the fig tree, but even if you say to this mountain, Be taken up and cast into the sea, it will be done. Matthew 21:21

Only it must be in faith that he asks with no wavering (no hesitating, no doubting). For the one who wavers (hesitates, doubts) is like the billowing surge out at sea that is blown hither and thither and tossed by the wind. James 1: 6

Let's be real here... It's all personal. What may work for one person may not work for the next. Sometimes one has to fall to get back up. Hopefully, one would learn of the fall by the scars on one's knees, but if you are someone like me, your vision isn't 20/20.

Me personally, I like to ask "when will it happen" and "why will it happen," not "if."

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by DelayedChristmas

Me personally, I like to ask "when will it happen" and "why will it happen," not "if."

These are good questions. Some are fearful of asking Father these questions, but you ask, and he will give. He is very intrigued via questions. But, one is not to question him, if that makes sense.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Please be aware that even priests have left the faith, they could not deal with juggling religious beliefs and facts any longer.
They felt like frauds, they once believed enough to become holy man, then time and logic happened.

Here is one story, of many:
from-minister-to-atheist-a-story-of-losing-faith
clergyproject.org...
edit on 23-12-2012 by Toadmund because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   

These are good questions. Some are fearful of asking Father these questions, but you ask, and he will give. He is very intrigued via questions. But, one is not to question him, if that makes sense.

reply to post by jhill76

Questioning Him like:
Who do you think you are to do that?
-or-
Do you think that's best?

Both can be conceived as a slap in the face, especially if you are to be the 3 big O's (omniscience, omnipresence, omnipotent) but the first question has a bitter, condescending tone to it whereas the second one kind of portrays that one does not believe God knows whats best.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Toadmund
Please be aware that even priests have left the faith, they could not deal with juggling religious beliefs and facts any longer.
They felt like frauds, they once believed enough to become holy man, then time and logic happened.

Here is one story, of many:
from-minister-to-atheist-a-story-of-losing-faith
clergyproject.org...

If I had to follow religion, I would too would question.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Questioning Him like:

Who do you think you are to do that?
-or-
Do you think that's best?

If you are asking do you think that's best as in, you going to him with a solution, that would be fine. Now, if you go to him and ask either one of those on something he did, that is a no no.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   
I used to believe what the bible said about God ... just ask in faith and it will be given to you. So, two and half years ago, when I got really really sick I prayed for a miracle. I fully expected a miracle because that is what I had been taught ... Jesus heals and just ask in faith. Well .. I haven't gotten my miracle. I'm still chronically ill.

So .. you betchya I doubt ... doubt everything that has been taught to me about God.
I still fully believe there is a God .. but I don't believe He is Who 'they' say He is.

ATS Thread - Is God a Dead Beat Dad?

I have doubts .... I am confused .... but it really doesn't matter, does it? He is in charge .. for better or worse .. He has more power than any of us and it's His game we are stuck in so we have to play by His rules. We have no choice. So I just go with it now. But I no longer have the joy in my heart when I think 'God loves me'. ...'cuz I tend to doubt it a lot.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
I used to believe what the bible said about God ... just ask in faith and it will be given to you. So, two and half years ago, when I got really really sick I prayed for a miracle. I fully expected a miracle because that is what I had been taught ... Jesus heals and just ask in faith. Well .. I haven't gotten my miracle. I'm still chronically ill.

I'll save the fanatics some time by giving you their top five mindless responses:

1. God works in mysterious ways.
2. God did answer your prayers, just not in the way you wanted him to.
3. If god didn't cure you it's because he's given you a special purpose that you don't know about.
4. If god didn't cure you it's because he'll be calling you home to paradise soon. Rejoice!
5. If god didn't cure you it's because you have sinned greatly. Repent!

edit on 12/24/2012 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

6) god is testing your faith
7) satan is the prince of this world.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join