It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

December 21'st has passed. But something did happen

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
We have realized that people can actually come together to discuss one topic. Just like we came together for this date, people will hopefully now realize that people can come together in weird ways. If people would just realize that it's time to leave the past behind and move forward to a better future then we could accomplish much more.

For a long time the people have let others run there lives. We still live in a monopoly world without realizing that the money we make in our lifetimes does not go with us. People struggle to make ends meet, to feed there families and leave behind being happy in favor of doing what they think people want them to do.

It's time to realize that we all need to make a change. Not the USA, Canada, Isreal etc..all of the world. For the Earth belongs to all of us. War over resources just shows that we still have much to learn and hopefully one day people will leave behind our primitive ways and learn to work together as one. For a better future for everyone and go farther and beyond about learning the true meaning of life.

Once we leave behind our old ways, we can then further our lives and shape the way to a better future for all humanity.

Love, peace and prosperity.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
What happened here is of so little consequence that it barely merits talking about. A few people argued about a fake date on a "cranky conspiracy site" not known to 99.9% of the population. The MSM made a few jokes about it, and that's about it. Ask anyone outside the ATS "community," an oxymoron considering the arguments, and people will say, "Oh, yeah. I heard something about that. ha ha!'

Look here. This is your core group of people here, about 5,000:

Number of members with 500 to 1,000 posts: 2,570
Number of members with 1,000 to 5,000 posts: 2,514
Number of members with 5,000 to 10,000 posts: 231
Number of members with more than 10,000 posts: 118

edit on 12/22/2012 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

I am sure ATS has more than 5000 members -_-

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

What I should have added as a conclusion is that look how many came together (even though they were mostly apart) for one theory that we now know as false. If people used all that effort to make the world a better place we could achieve much.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I see so many heart felt posts in my time here. Even posted a few myself.. but to be honest i know what is going to happen.

The same thing that happens each time there is a post like this.

It will come and go like a whimper in the ats wind.. perhaps garnishes with a star or two.

I mean i understand that all you want is for us to get along to love one another as brothers and sisters and for what its worth it's a good idea but the reality is that most people don't want to invest in a "lovey dovey" notion.

We have been conditioned to become extremely cynical, especially where hope is concerned. We have been let down by the system and have been brought in to a world we all are beginning to want to leave.

You are right in that we all should become one but the forces that work behind the scenes have diluted the truth so much that now people are not sure if it's a good or bad thing.

The truth is its neither.

We exist without ever knowing the truth to our existence. That's why we cling to systems of beliefs and ideologies. The idea of a good and a bad force namely, god and the devil are easy to lend our souls to but if we really wake up we would see that we are "spiritually purged" by beliefs and ideologies which have been placed there by the people that control information.

So it is really don't to us to see our true potential, one beyond the confines of our current reach.

The choice is weather or not we choose to realize that we are completely limitless. Do we take that leap of faith that is the question?

There is one problem however and that is that currently we can only do that individually. Don't get me wrong, the capacity to accept a global belief is well under way but as of yet we haven't accepted it.

There are too many sub groups and until they are unified in much the same way that the financial elite buy up and privatize the world. We will still be separated by our numerous faiths and ideas.

Part of the solution is a catalyst. Something to cause a chain reaction in the masses and from one spark set "light" to the entire populace.

Until then posts of sentiment will be unfortunately lost in the wind. But once the world changes, posts like this will be up on the front page!

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler

These numbers are not a fair assessment.

I was a lurker for years before I even joined. Most of the people whose introductions I read say the same. I could have 500 posts or 1000+ posts easily. Personally though, I don't feel the need to put my 2 cents in on every subject under the sun and also don't particularly like giving 1 line replies unless they are extremely pertinent. A tasteful one line joke here or there is ok but I digress.

Post counts are no way to judge the amount of people that frequent ATS often.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Polymath
We have realized that people can actually come together to discuss one topic. Just like we came together for this date, people will hopefully now realize that people can come together in weird ways. If people would just realize that it's time to leave the past behind and move forward to a better future then we could accomplish much more.

For a long time the people have let others run there lives. We still live in a monopoly world without realizing that the money we make in our lifetimes does not go with us. People struggle to make ends meet, to feed there families and leave behind being happy in favor of doing what they think people want them to do.

It's time to realize that we all need to make a change. Not the USA, Canada, Isreal etc..all of the world. For the Earth belongs to all of us. War over resources just shows that we still have much to learn and hopefully one day people will leave behind our primitive ways and learn to work together as one. For a better future for everyone and go farther and beyond about learning the true meaning of life.

Once we leave behind our old ways, we can then further our lives and shape the way to a better future for all humanity.

Love, peace and prosperity.

so true I am with you! well said ....if people could just realize us as a whole!

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

What happened here is of so little consequence that it barely merits talking about. A few people argued about a fake date on a "cranky conspiracy site" not known to 99.9% of the population. The MSM made a few jokes about it, and that's about it. Ask anyone outside the ATS "community," an oxymoron considering the arguments, and people will say, "Oh, yeah. I heard something aboyt that. ha ha!'

That is not even a little bit true. Almost everyone that I know that looked forward to 2012, never even heard of this site and yet discussions were ever present. despite the sense of belonging a lot members here have to probably the largest conspiracy site, a very small population of people the believe in alternative news or ufo's or conspiracies do not come to this site. Most people that study these topics would have NO reason to come to this site.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

What happened here is of so little consequence that it barely merits talking about. A few people argued about a fake date on a "cranky conspiracy site" not known to 99.9% of the population. The MSM made a few jokes about it, and that's about it. Ask anyone outside the ATS "community," an oxymoron considering the arguments, and people will say, "Oh, yeah. I heard something aboyt that. ha ha!'

I think this thing is a little more widespread than you think. There is life outside ats you know and everyone I bump into see's the significance of the date. There were those who were in it for the doomporm, but many others see this time as a new awakening.

I have been feeling it all year I can't prove it to you but others who have been going through it know what i'm talking about.

I think good people are getting better and growing in numbers I could tell by how everyone reacted during sandy. I can't imagine what a field the criminals would have have with the lights out downtown Manhattan a few years or a decade back.
There is a separation here as the bad guys are getting much worse how many mass murders have we had this year alone 8?

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Nice sentiment.

I can somewhat see your point. It is possible for people to come to a place and have civil conversation about a subject from diametrically opposing positions. That is a good thing.

I don't think we will see a "great lifting of the veil" anytime soon. As another poster hinted at, there will have to be a catalyst of some sort...something more than just an arbitrary date that people could not agree on the validity of.

The thing is, for there to be a fair and happy world, then everyone has to want that. That is not going to happen anytime soon. There are just too many people that like the division...be it for race or wealth or sex...doesn't matter. They either draw wealth or power from it and they do not want to let go of it. There are those of the mindset that they truly are superior so why would they want the average sheep on the same level as them?

It's a great thought and nice hope. There is a part of me that welcome this shift in the minds of humanity...then there is another part of me that doesn't hold out much hope for the human race so I seriously doubt we will move in that direction...by all indicators...IMHO...we are socially de-evolving...we are falling apart and NOT coming together...but that is just my personal jaded view...

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by svmpua

I am sure ATS has more than 5000 members -_-

Of course it does, but the numbers are deceiving. The statostics above show active members. Almost half the members have never even posted. The traffic on the site is produced by just a small percentage of members, which is my point. It's just that ATS tends to think of itself as having a much greater influence than it actually does. They can brag all they want about having zillions of members, but by far the largest majority of them are inconsequential.

Originally posted by Polymath

What I should have added as a conclusion is that look how many came together (even though they were mostly apart) for one theory that we now know as false. If people used all that effort to make the world a better place we could achieve much.

How many actually participated in the debate? A couple hundred at best. the fact that some people lurk here is not really of any consequence. The fact remains that 2/10ths of one percent of the members provide 98% of the posts. The rest are drive-bys.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
the power of focus

imagine if the worlds minds actually came together for positive change, for kicking out the criminals, etc

imagine

i imagine that is one reason they create fake doom and gloom and bust cycles and we never get ahead.

went to the moon how many years ago?

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Active content contributors is something entirely different from our casual readers who then spread the information they read on ATS to other places in RL as well ast he web.

As far as internet ranking is concerned, I give you the following:

Source

Global Rank Alexa Traffic Rank
An estimate of abovetopsecret.com's popularity.

The rank is calculated using a combination of average daily visitors to abovetopsecret.com and pageviews on abovetopsecret.com over the past 3 months. The site with the highest combination of visitors and pageviews is ranked #1. Learn more.

Updated Daily 1,636
Rank in US Traffic Rank in Country
An estimate of abovetopsecret.com's popularity in a specific country.

The rank by country is calculated using a combination of average daily visitors to abovetopsecret.com and pageviews on abovetopsecret.com from users from that country over the past month. The site with the highest combination of visitors and pageviews is ranked #1 in that country.

As you can see, ATS is within the top 2000 sites visited in the US and the top 5000 globally. That's quite a bit of traffic and quite a bit of online influence if you consider other info on other popular sites.

~Tenth

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlavatskyChannel

Part of the solution is a catalyst. Something to cause a chain reaction in the masses and from one spark set "light" to the entire populace.

It's something called hunger and/or having nothing left to loose, except a low quality life.
We got to hunger for change, literally.

But of course there are starving people out there, and they have not risen up.

Hmmm, maybe it's the fear of losing everything you have then, that sparks it.
One or some of those things, I guess?

Ah, take away their cigarettes, no, TV, mm..ah, and no more diet cola, televised sports, or twinkies (maybe not twinkies) etc.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
And I give you the following:

Here are some site statistics. At first they look impressive. 275,447 members? Wow! Of this number 55% (152,026) have bothered to post at all, 123,121 members have NEVER posted, and 115,739 members have posted fewer than 20 times, meaning they have never started a thread and cannot participate fully with the site. They are basically members who have showed up, made a few posts, and moved on.

Now we get into members who have obviously made more of a commitment to the site, which is not quite 13% of the total membership who have made more than 20 posts. 7% of the membership has posted from 20-100 posts. 3.9% of the membership has posted 100-500 posts, so at least they are showing some activity, but from here on out it diminishes rapidly. .9% (that’s less than 1%) have posted between 500-1000 posts, and the same percentage has posted between 1,000 and 5,000 posts. From 5,000 to 10,000 posts is .08% (not quite a hundredth of a percent) and over 10,000 is .004% (Edit: I left out a zero) (not quite a half of a hundredth of a percent) Interestingly, members with over 10,000 posts have created over 13% of all posts on the site.

Of course these statistics do not show everything. A new member may be extremely active, but by virtue of not having been here long has less than 500 posts. That should rectify itself fairly quickly. Also, we do not have an easy “How many members have posted within X days” statistic, which would give you an idea of the drop out rate. We CAN tell you how many members have bothered to swing by this month of December, about 13,000 or so. Who knows what they did while here? We can’t tell that. You can tell the number by sorting members by date of last visit.

And as we go back through the months this also diminishes rapidly. How many have shown up since November 1st? About 16,000. October 1st? About 19,000. Are these all active posting members hotly interested in the Mayan calendar debate, or are they drive-bys who did nothing? We can’t tell, but we CAN tell that during the last quarter of the year about 19,000 members have stopped by, not quite 7% of the total membership. If the overall statistics remain true, a little over half have bothered to post at all. 256,000 members haven’t even been on the site in the last three months.

And it gets worse. Since July 1 about 27,000 members, roughly 10%, have stopped by. Is it fair to say the other 90% won’t be back? No? Surely you are not going to claim they are “active users participating in debate” are you? Approximatel 41,000 have been on this site in the last YEAR, about 15% of the membership claimed.

Now does this demean or diminish those people who have posted, or have only posted a bit? Of course not. THAT’S not the point, so those of you who have taken instant umbrage need to fall back and get a grip here. The point is that people are over-stating the case and using raw statistics to try to justify it. You want to show a misuse of statistics? That’s a misuse of statistics. When you actually look at the numbers, 6% of the membership have posted over 100 posts, and a relatively small number of people participated in this 12-21-12 debate. It certainly does not represent a vast number of people “working together.”

As for lurkers? i couldn't care less. They can't really see the site and they don't participate. The bottom line here is that ATS is in the academy of the overrated and hyped. It has nowhere near the influence and impact it thinks it does.

Total member accounts: 275,447
Members who have posted: 152,026
Percentage of members who have posted: 55 %

Number of members with 20 or fewer posts: 42% 115,739
Number of members with 20 to 100 posts: 7% 19,392
Number of members with 100 to 500 posts: 3.9% 10,766
Number of members with 500 to 1,000 posts: .9% 2,570
Number of members with 1,000 to 5,000 posts: .9% 2,514
Number of members with 5,000 to 10,000 posts: .08% 231
Number of members with more than 10,000 posts:.04% 118
Quantity of posts by members with more than 10,000 posts: 13% 2,023,599

Number of members have created extended profiles: 49,146
Number of members who are podcasting: 282
Number of members who have tagged threads: 8,165
Number of members who have flagged threads: 52,735
Total Posts 15,459,865

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   

In the real world. groups of friends usually don't consist of a bunch of ATS members. 10thpower pointed out that through associations ATS does get a lot of info out. One person on this site could be in as many as 20 different social circles believe it or not. Each person in those 20 circles are also acquainted with another 10 or so circles and so on.

Its important that people get the right perceptions (whatever right is...) on this site because despite your cut and dry stats its a little more complex and out-reaching than that.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
While we surely do need change in ways that you describe, we also must change into less gullible citizens as well. Because what actually DID "HAPPEN" this 12/21/12 was the passing of yet ANOTHER MYTH that people foolishly bought into. We need to be BETTER than this!!

Chalk this one up as a lesson 12/21/12 doom-believers. Take the feeling of betrayal and embarrassment and LEARN FROM IT because at this very MOMENT, some CON-ARTIST of a person is thinking up the NEXT MYTH to FOOL you all into believing.

Accept it as a lesson learned and remember to not be fooled again by such elementary silliness.

edit on 22-12-2012 by oper8zhin because: (no reason given)

top topics

join