It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Judaism, Islam, and Christianity share the same god then why do they disagree on so many things?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by kingofmd
Simplest answer, they don't share the same god. Jesus is God in the flesh, anyone that denies this is worshipping an idol

thats ancient egyptian ideology of the king

denying that a man is a god....is not idol worship lolololololol...why did you think it was?

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by steppenwolf86

As a Catholic, I believe that people who live a.good life go to heaven. It is the hard core mostly non denominational bible thumpers that believe you have to.believe in Christ to be rewarded in the afterlife.

That's why you're a catholic and not a judeo-christian. Jesus said to believe in him and follow him. The prophet Isaiah said works are not enough, your works are like a filthy rag before Yahveh. Faith first then works. I always get a kick out of catholics praying for faith, because most you folks don't know what faith even is even though Apostle Paul plainly tells you.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76
reply to post by ParasuvO

This has lead to NOONE following his actual teachings or examples since they believe they are vastly inferior and incapable, so they falsely worship and at best receive good feelings in return.

Correct. This is why man was given Paul. Many would look at Brother and say I could never live up to his standards, so Paul was brought forth, so that some could potentially come close.

Quite interesting. I have been told that I was like Paul. I had a short temper but the passion was there. And plus, I'm very confrontational when I know something doesn't smell right. Very interesting that you write this.

Personally, I'd like to be myself and true to myself, but I am not opening that can of worms

edit on 26-12-2012 by DelayedChristmas because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Title: If Judaism, Islam, and Christianity share the same god then why do they disagree on so many things?

Haven't a clue myself. It doesn't make sense. It's not rational.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

this isgoin to be my first comment ever on ATS.. have been a stalker here for 3 years nw.. i saw ur comment here and instantly made an account just to reply to you..
excellent question put up by you brother.. and heres the answr:
The Quran, from day 1, as it was revealed over a period of time, had been memorized by the believers and companions of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH).. there are literally millions in the world who have the whole Quran memorized by heart.. this is the reason it still remains pure.. it is true that over the last 1400 years, there have been attempts to distort the writings smhow, but it has always been caught just because alot of ppl have it memorized..

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Equiinox
reply to post by kingofmd

Jesus is God in the flesh

Jesus is not a God , He is a messenger .

Jesus is God in the flesh.

Although he had a message, He came to offer Himself as the ultimate sacrifice for love.

Others are messengers, so what?

God became human and was tortured to death for us!

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Our God forbids lying and liars will not go to heaven.

So Jacob, i.e - Israel will not be going to heaven then?

Allah's titles include:

Khayrul-Makereen = the Great Deciever and is why muslim before they commit a terrorist attack will often pray for cunning.

God has also deceived people in the bible. Want me to mention the verse for you?

Besides that title simply means God is the best when it comes to confounding the plans of evil people.
"They planned and Allah planned and Allah is the best of planners."

Not very different from how God confounded the plans of the pharoah.

Al-Muttalib = the Proud One

Al-Muta'ali = The Supreme One, He who is higher than any action, manner or condition, and any thought that any being may have.

Context : He knows all that is beyond the reach of a created being's perception as well as all that can be witnessed by a creature's senses or mind --the Great One, the One far above anything that is or could ever be!
-Koran 13:9

Well, you mean to tell me God is not exalted in the bible?

edit on 31-12-2012 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join