It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Judaism, Islam, and Christianity share the same god then why do they disagree on so many things?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by truejew

What are true Christians other than the Catholic church? It was the first church founded and its doctrine hasn't changed one bit since it was created. If anyone had the most true interpretation it would be the people who started it all and established Christianity don't you think?
edit on 23-12-2012 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   
You don't know?

Jews follow Abraham under law
Christians follow Christ the son of God under grace
Muslims follow Mohammad, a prophet, but under law again.

Man, that's so basic, even the non religious know it.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by thePharaoh
they have the same god

god sent his word to his chosen people, first...who corrupted and hid parts

he then sent the word to the christians, who corrupted and hid parts

he then sent it for the last time, to muhammed....and it still remains pure.

same word, different eras, different languages

peace

Allah was the moon god, called Sin. Worshiped with a whole pantheon of other gods at the Kaaba in Mecca prior to Mohammed.

Mohammed renamed and proclaimed that this new moon god was the only true one and the others worshiped there were false.

The people were descended from Abraham. The beliefs are from different sources.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
reply to post by truejew

What are true Christians other than the Catholic church? It was the first church founded and its doctrine hasn't changed one bit since it was created. If anyone had the most true interpretation it would be the people who started it all and established Christianity don't you think?

The Catholic Church is nothing like the first church. It was not the first church founded. he doctrine has changed so many times it's not funny.

If you are a catholic and don't know this there is a problem in knowing your history. Find out about your beloved Popes of the 14-15th centuries. See what this 'holy' church got up to.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by pacifier2012

I'm neither Catholic nor Christian and the only doctrine that has been changed is the infallibility of the pope which does not affect the core teachings and doctrines of the church at all. The Catholic church was the first official church, maybe you need to do some studying.

Try reading the OP next time.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by chr0naut

Allah was the moon god, called Sin. Worshiped with a whole pantheon of other gods at the Kaaba in Mecca prior to Mohammed.

Allah forbids the worship of the moon. So the idea that a "moon god" would forbid moon-worship sounds rather silly, doesn't it?

The idea that Allah is a moon god have always been propagated by fraudsters and charlatans posing as experts on ancient history. These lies are then parroted by Christians on forums and discussion boards everywhere... as you have shown.

edit on 23-12-2012 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

Hello all, I have been a long time lurker. This post will be my one and only post. I have allways been a searcher of the TRUTH.

All I have to say is to the OP. Thank You for all the knowledge you have spread. I have completed my searching, I was lost and now I am found. You are a very smart and have helped me out greatly.

I really hope alot of fellow searchers really study and look up everything you say. You have me very excited for what is comming I feel the love in the air.

Personally I cant wait for the LORD'S return to cast out all the demons on this great Earth. There is alot of sickness everywhere you look. I pray people will allow Christ and Love in there hearts.

Bless you EnochWasRight, for he truly was.

Goodnight all GOD BLESS

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n

Allah forbids the worship of the moon. So the idea that a "moon god" would forbid moon-worship sounds rather silly, doesn't it?

The idea that Allah is a moon god have always been propagated by fraudsters and charlatans posing as experts on ancient history. These lies are then parroted by Christians on forums and discussion boards everywhere... as you have shown.

edit on 23-12-2012 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

Please explain, then why Mohammed permitted prayer to Al-lāt, Uzza, and Manah, three goddesses that had been worshipped at the Kabbah, by most of his family, in his youth? This is attested by several sources and is a known historical fact.

Also, Mohammed claimed that the Christian gospels and letters were corrupted, when all he had access to were fragmentary Targums. If there was such a corruption in canonical Christian literature, please identify it. Even one would of the supposed many suffice.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by lightsearcher1111

Hello all, I have been a long time lurker. This post will be my one and only post. I have allways been a searcher of the TRUTH.

All I have to say is to the OP. Thank You for all the knowledge you have spread. I have completed my searching, I was lost and now I am found. You are a very smart and have helped me out greatly.

I really hope alot of fellow searchers really study and look up everything you say. You have me very excited for what is comming I feel the love in the air.

Personally I cant wait for the LORD'S return to cast out all the demons on this great Earth. There is alot of sickness everywhere you look. I pray people will allow Christ and Love in there hearts.

Goodnight all GOD BLESS

You say you were lost but now you are found - yet you are still waiting!!
You are waiting for the LORD to return. And you are excited for what is 'coming'.
Then imo you are still lost. You are lost in time. You believe time will bring the lord.
This right here and right now is the presence of the lord, yet you wait.

edit on 23-12-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Please explain, then why Mohammed permitted prayer to Al-lāt, Uzza, and Manah, three goddesses that had been worshipped at the Kabbah, by most of his family, in his youth? This is attested by several sources and is a known historical fact.

Islam acknowledges that Mohammad made a mistake by mentioning those names.

Its also known that the angel Gabriel chastised Mohammad for uttering those names, under the influence of Satan. Mohammad took back his words, following which, the Meccans resumed their persecution of Muslims.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Same God, different prophets.
Thats a soup made for confusion.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
reply to post by truejew

The Catholic Church did not start the Church. They were a group who split away from the original Church.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Simplest answer, they don't share the same god. Jesus is God in the flesh, anyone that denies this is worshipping an idol

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by kingofmd
Simplest answer, they don't share the same god. Jesus is God in the flesh, anyone that denies this is worshipping an idol

Jesus is what is presently arising, the light that is here. This is the glory of god, his only child.
If you were to realize that you are the father of this child you would cherish it. But man looks elsewhere for something better. He denies reality in favor for what is in mind.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by LiberalSceptic
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Same God, different prophets.
Thats a soup made for confusion.

Nope, not the same God at all. Muslim's God is Ba'al. The supreme moon deity of the Kaaba worshipped by the Quraysh tribe Muhammad was born into was called Hu'bal, the father of Al-lat, Al-Uzzah and Menat. Al-lat is the feminine of Al-lah. Even Umar the Great called Muhammad a liar. Hu'bal translated into Canaanite is Ba'al and Ba'al's wife is Ashtoreth the sungoddess.

Their God permits lying. Our God forbids lying and liars will not go to heaven.

Allah's titles include:

Khayrul-Makereen = the Great Deciever and is why muslim before they commit a terrorist attack will often pray for cunning.

Al-Muttalib = the Proud One

According to the 2 Torahs and Tenach pride is a sin.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by lightsearcher1111

Goodnight all GOD BLESS

Glad to help. God is good.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Allah is the supreme god of all Muslims . Jesus is one of the messengers sent by Allah [ According to Quran ] . Mohammad too is the messenger of god [ Allah ] . Jesus was sent to guide the Children of Israel . Muslims believe that Jesus will return to earth near the Day of Judgment to restore justice and to defeat Anti christ .

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
When you seek God, with faith, and truth as your intention, you will find him. God was well aware that man would prevert what was written, so he sent the same message, countless ways, different methods to get through to us. I feel that more then a structured religion with a title we are meant to seek God on a personal level, not in the way a church or religious foundation would want you to. We are meant to have our faith tested, to seek what questions we have, and listen and watch for Gods reply. I am amazed when people are waiting for some grand display from the father when they are looking for answers. God swiftly moves in places unexcpected, he is the way, the truth and the light. The father has many names, and many faces, each one personal to the spirit that seeks him faithfully from within. You will know when you have found him, there are no words to describe the feeling, it is a mixture of all emotions at once, followed by a new set of eyes to see through.

Matthew 7:7
7 “Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.

PLPL

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by kingofmd

Jesus is God in the flesh

Jesus is not a God , He is a messenger .

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by ParasuvO
reply to post by DelayedChristmas

Jesus message is entirely been made useless to the masses...since they tricked everyone into believing he was "God" incarnate.

This has lead to NOONE following his actual teachings or examples since they believe they are vastly inferior and incapable, so they falsely worship and at best receive good feelings in return.

Who will break the mold, and actually attempt what Jesus said is possible ??? Hint: It wont be anyone from these 3 religions.

Well, linguistics change over time. What God Incarnate really means is lost in translation. In a sense, Jesus can be regarded as God in the flesh, but he is still one with Father. What it truly means to be one with Father is up for grabs, but I do have an inkling of what it means.

Pray tell, who will break the old and actually attempt what Jesus said is possible?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join