Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

If Judaism, Islam, and Christianity share the same god then why do they disagree on so many things?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ParasuvO

And that angels are not really a descriptive enough term for the Host of beings that exist on countless planes of existence.

Correct. Above does not use the term angel, as man only thinks of angels as messengers, when they do much, much more.

And how many lifetimes do you get for this learning ??

As many as it takes, until all have learned.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ParasuvO

This has lead to NOONE following his actual teachings or examples since they believe they are vastly inferior and incapable, so they falsely worship and at best receive good feelings in return.

Correct. This is why man was given Paul. Many would look at Brother and say I could never live up to his standards, so Paul was brought forth, so that some could potentially come close.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
reply to post by steppenwolf86

My "anger" is not directed at the Abrahamic god, how could I be angry at something I do not believe exists (the church's version at least)? One of the premises behind this thread was to insinuate that I believe the Abrahamic god (the church's version) was created by man to control man. Sorry if I didn't make that clear enough.

And yet you ask "Why does God allow this?" God gave us free will, we are free to believe or free to deny.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ParasuvO
reply to post by EnochWasRight

Lets ask a question of you Enoch, do you actually believe this planet is following a Divine Plan ??

And how many lifetimes do you get for this learning ??

I believe things are even far more complex than you are saying, which likely means everything you have learnt could change,, again.

And that angels are not really a descriptive enough term for the Host of beings that exist on countless planes of existence.

I agree with your thoughts for the most part. We are blind men describing fire. We are dealing with a universe in an image. Mankind learns about their reality at each stage of its development. It is clear that these verses below describe us in a hologram.

John 1

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning. 3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. 4 In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. 5 The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome[a] it.

6 There was a man sent from God whose name was John. 7 He came as a witness to testify concerning that light, so that through him all might believe. 8 He himself was not the light; he came only as a witness to the light.

Word (information) is the primary means to generating the image. Do we now know what this means? Of course we do. We have imaged the image ourselves in the form of computers.

Consider this verse:

Genesis 1:27

27 So God created mankind in his own image,
in the image of God he created them;
male and female he created them.

We are both INSIDE and image and THE image of God. We are the multiplicity of the Lord (Son of God) being raised INSIDE and image. We return to unity of that first soul as IT is raised. We are the children of God being raised, yet we are from one loaf of bread.

Consider this verse:

15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him, 20 and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through his blood, shed on the cross.

Was Adam the first man from the image above? Yes. Was Christ the last Adam? YES.

1 Corinthians 15

If there is a natural body, there is also a spiritual body. 45 So it is written: “The first man Adam became a living being”[f]; the last Adam, a life-giving spirit. 46 The spiritual did not come first, but the natural, and after that the spiritual. 47 The first man was of the dust of the earth; the second man is of heaven. 48 As was the earthly man, so are those who are of the earth; and as is the heavenly man, so also are those who are of heaven. 49 And just as we have borne the image of the earthly man, so shall we[g] bear the image of the heavenly man.

What is being done here matches (Is entangled) above. We are a copy.

Hebrews 9

23 It was necessary, then, for the copies of the heavenly things to be purified with these sacrifices, but the heavenly things themselves with better sacrifices than these. 24 For Christ did not enter a sanctuary made with human hands that was only a copy of the true one; he entered heaven itself, now to appear for us in God’s presence. 25 Nor did he enter heaven to offer himself again and again, the way the high priest enters the Most Holy Place every year with blood that is not his own. 26 Otherwise Christ would have had to suffer many times since the creation of the world. But he has appeared once for all at the culmination of the ages to do away with sin by the sacrifice of himself. 27 Just as people are destined to die once, and after that to face judgment, 28 so Christ was sacrificed once to take away the sins of many; and he will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who are waiting for him.

Each person dies once. The soul never dies. We come back as an entirely new person, yet we are all one soul. You then say, "Does that mean I don't exist as my unique self?" No. You are part of the entire loaf. God is the maker of souls. Angels are of one variety and mankind is of another. The one is split from the other. We are here and there at the same time. Here is fading. There never fades and the sin we experience (and learn from ) here is the robe we will wear there. The Shepherd sheers, washes and weaves the new robe.

edit on 22-12-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ParasuvO
reply to post by thePharaoh

firstly..christianity was corrupted by the romans...thats alot less than 100 yrs

All 3 of have no idea what "God" is.

each individual...from any faith ...has their own perception...including yourself

Religions are designed to make sure the curious do not ever find even 20% of the way to finding anything real...

BS...most of the scientific, mathematical etc....material.....came from highly religious societies
bearing in mind that...before....science and religion was one......but today, wiith darwinism...scienece is trying to go against its source

but spend time wallowing in pools of deception disguised with spiritual hints that are just enough to allow them to think the energies they can feel match the books they read...

that BS, including sprituality is not followed in islam

and the leaders the follow.

any leader of any relgion, should not have followers....the leaders are human....people follow the religion

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   

So why would he punish us for using the free-will he gave us? What about the Muslim children who were never exposed to the bible or Jesus? Are they sent to hell because their parents taught them to believe in a lie? The same goes for Judaism and Christianity. If you deny Mohammed and his teachings because you were raised to believe something different, do you go to hell in that situation as well?

I can't see why god would give us the ability to reason and question only to turn around and tell us not to use those abilities. If faith overrides logic (I have seen this said before) then what is the reason behind giving us logic?
edit on 22-12-2012 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

reply to post by Ryanssuperman

If their differences are only "slight" then why did they kill one another in the Crusades? Something as slight as you say wouldn't cause that much anger and hatred toward one another. Or would it?

Perhaps there was another reason for the war. Religion is a powerful tool.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

Paul is the one who corrupted Jesus' message, no one sent him other than the Romans in my opinion. God made a piss-poor decision if you ask me, why put your message into the hands of a killer and liar? Especially one who killed Jesus' disciples?

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   

So it's powerful, but not powerful enough to lie to people? If they could use religion to start something as horrible as the Crusades then what makes you think it wasn't started on the same basis, a lie?

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

So why would he punish us for using the free-will he gave us? What about the Muslim children who were never exposed to the bible or Jesus? Are they sent to hell because their parents taught them to believe in a lie? The same goes for Judaism and Christianity. If you deny Mohammed and his teachings because you were raised to believe something different, do you go to hell in that situation as well?

I can't see why god would give us the ability to reason and question only to turn around and tell us not to use those abilities. If faith overrides logic (I have seen this said before) then what is the reason behind giving us logic?
edit on 22-12-2012 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

All of our concerns against God can be answered in one simple statement: "You must be born again." Baptism is our immersion into the material world. We rise to new life. Blessed are those who are persecuted. Again, the Shepherd sheers our wool. That wool represents our life lived in all of its varieties. The wool constructs our new robe later. The robe (Body) will reflect the life that came before and then engage the one that comes later. We think in terms of now. God thinks dimensionally.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

reply to post by jhill76

Paul is the one who corrupted Jesus' message, no one sent him other than the Romans in my opinion. God made a piss-poor decision if you ask me, why put your message into the hands of a killer and liar? Especially one who killed Jesus' disciples?

To show others, that Father can change you for the better. Paul did add some things of his own mind in his message, but what he taught about love and various other things are of truth.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

reply to post by jhill76

Why forgive you of your sins and words against a Holy God? The same reason Paul could be forgiven and show usefulness to us 2000 years later is the same reason God will show you the truth behind your fear. Give God time, seek and you will find your answer tomorrow. Bias can only blind. Trust God and the answer comes. The same works for your attitude with Paul and with others on ATS. Love covers a multitude of sin. We are here to Hear, See and Do. Confucius said, "I hear and I forget. I see and I learn. I do and I understand." If you only hear the good, how will you know the bad? God must allow both. Not only does he allow both, he often gives us what we ask for.

Read this thread carefully.

If you find the correct context and perspective, the paradox between frame and reference are unified by higher truths.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Baptism is only symbolic of natural birth, not a substitution. I agree with the premise of baptism, it represents a fresh start to life, a new beginning, a point in life where you want to right your wrongs. It parallels child birth in many respects including immersion into the water (amniotic fluid), being raised out of the water (birth), and receiving of the holy spirit (conception), but it is not required in my opinion.

The holy spirit is not something you receive only after accepting Jesus and getting baptized, you receive it at birth. Without the holy spirit (consciousness/image of god) you would never have been born to begin with, you would have been a miscarriage or a vegetable. Everyone has the holy spirit, not just believers in Christ.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Ding!!

A star for you... I believe that is yet another "conversion tactic"... somehow Christianity convinced the masses that ONLY Christians have said holy spirit...

Yet many of these people are some of the most judgemental, dare i say despicable people living today...

Don't believe the hype... The holy spirit is within all life

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Baptism is only symbolic of natural birth, not a substitution. I agree with the premise of baptism, it represents a fresh start to life, a new beginning, a point in life where you want to right your wrongs. It parallels child birth in many respects including immersion into the water (amniotic fluid), being raised out of the water (birth), and receiving of the holy spirit (conception), but it is not required in my opinion.

The holy spirit is not something you receive only after accepting Jesus and getting baptized, you receive it at birth. Without the holy spirit (consciousness/image of god) you would never have been born to begin with, you would have been a miscarriage or a vegetable. Everyone has the holy spirit, not just believers in Christ.

What you are saying is entirely true, yet you need to keep reducing the thought to the beginning. All of what we do is a symbol of what was already done. Read John 3 with this in mind:

Latin and Greek root Amni

Amni - Stream of Water or River

Amnio - Greek "Bowl" or "Lamb"

"Denotes a thin, transparent, tough membrane lining and the fluid-filled cavity contains the embryo of reptiles, birds, and mammals [amniotes]; the membrane around a fetus; diminutive of amnos, lamb; a bowl in which the blood of sacrificial victims was caught. Now used primarily to indicate the membrane surrounding the fetus in utero. "

Amnion - The amnion is a membrane building the amniotic sac that surrounds and protects an embryo.

Amniotic Fluid - Amniotic fluid or liquor amnii is the nourishing and protecting liquid contained by the amniotic sac of a pregnant woman.

Amnia - bag of waters; the extraembryonic membrane of birds, reptiles, and mammals, which lines the chorion.

Sia - Greek > Latin: a suffix; actor, process, condition, or state of; result of; expresses a state or abnormal condition or process of some disease

Amne(sia) - From modified Latin amnesia, from Ancient Greek ἀμνησία (amnēsia, “forgetfulness”).

AMNE´STIA (ἀμνηστεία)Amnesty is a word used by the later Greek writers, and from them borrowed by the Romans, to describe the act or arrangement by which offences were forgotten, or regarded as if they had not been committed, so that the offender could not be called to account for them.

The waters of life are entirely the womb of the mother, yet so are the waters of our existence in the womb of the Earth. We gain union with God in our own time. The soul must gain union with the spirit in love. Once this takes place fully, we are born of water and THEN of Spirit. Water must come first. Some will require a baptism of fire. Fire is put out by water.

Read John 3

5 Jesus answered, “Very truly I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and the Spirit. 6 Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit. 7 You should not be surprised at my saying, ‘You[c] must be born again.’ 8 The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit.”

The wind blows the dew across the land. Where it lands is entirely the choice of the wind and law that governs it. The sun rises and the dew evaporates and is distilled. The fruit below is made by the process. God can only give, even when we see it as taking.

There are 5 baptisms.

Earth - We are planted into the Garden. We are not rooted in the soil like plants or in a fixed domain like fish. Instead, we can occupy all domains. This autonomy requires that we overcome these domains by hardships. The wilderness we occupy was provided to allow our growth by experience.

Air - We are given the Word of God as a guide to the wilderness. This word is also the language we learn and master. Meaning ultimately comes when we decipher the inner symbols of nature and overcome our ignorance and pride of the outer world. Meaning springs from the root, just like a plant.

Water - We are baptized into the Water (Immersion into Reality). The water cleanses the temple (body). The temple is where the sacrifice is made. This temple houses the spirit of God, along with our soul. We are to overcome as we are born again. "You must be born again." Plants die and the seed perpetuates to the next generation. Producing fruit ensures seed for the next crop.
Again, from Isaiah 2619 But your dead will live, Lord; their bodies will rise— let those who dwell in the dust wake up and shout for joy— your dew is like the dew of the morning; the earth will give birth to her dead.20 Go, my people, enter your rooms and shut the doors behind you; hide yourselves for a little while until his wrath has passed by. 21 See, the Lord is coming out of his dwelling to punish the people of the earth for their sins. The earth will disclose the blood shed on it; the earth will conceal its slain no longer.

Fire - We are finally baptized by Trials. The Flaming Sword of God cuts away pride and protects the tree of life. The tree of life is DNA. We light the fire we burn by. We can also put out the fire with the water.

Spirit - After overcoming the first four baptisms, we are then baptized by the Spirit of God. Jesus is necessary for us to be marked by the spirit for salvation from the Fire. The water and blood of Christ brings salvation from the corruption of the elements.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Ding!!

A star for you... I believe that is yet another "conversion tactic"... somehow Christianity convinced the masses that ONLY Christians have said holy spirit...

Yet many of these people are some of the most judgemental, dare i say despicable people living today...

Don't believe the hype... The holy spirit is within all life

Does a hypocrite judge the one judging? Any Christian that has taken the name (Character of Christ) will tell you we are all sinners. We are each the two thieves on the cross. None of us are free from sin. Taking the name in vain allows judgment of another by pride. The Christians you speak of are in your own arena of judgment of the hypocrite they claim to stand above. This is pride and takes the name of humility in vain. A person taking the name of Christ (His Character) will not judge you or anyone else, fully recognizing their own sin in deference to the only one who IS holy (God).

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   

So it's powerful, but not powerful enough to lie to people? If they could use religion to start something as horrible as the Crusades then what makes you think it wasn't started on the same basis, a lie?

You're making assumptions. Of course it's a lie.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   

A person taking the name of Christ (His Character) will not judge you or anyone else...

I only wish i could agree with you my friend...

Though i suppose that opens the debate, "what is a true Christian" which isn't actually a debate...

its an arguement...

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   

This is the nature of free will. We justify many things we do here by our own pride. The law governs all actions with reactions. Nothing here can be done apart from the price that must be paid or the reward that is transferred.

For instance, if you smoke, you get cancer. This is the debt you pay for taking a reward not earned. If you work out in a gym, you gain health. This represents the suffering you did ahead of the reward. We are all equal in that we all suffer the actions of others and reap the rewards of the same. We are always one of the others ourselves. We love and forgive others because we are all from one loaf of bread. To judge another is to judge ourselves.

The only idol we can ever possess is the one we make of ourselves. Selfishness is the mark of any beast. In Revelation 13, the mark of the beast is said to be the mark of mankind-666. Carbon has 6 protons, 6 electrons and 6 neutrons. We are carbon based life and we can only 'take' that carbon and the fruit of knowledge (technology from Carbon) as the graven images we make. We can 'receive it as a gift' and use it as the fruit God provided. If we live for others, we suffer the use of the Carbon forward by work (Farmer). If we take the fruit, we steal it for ourselves (Hunter). God said, "Jacob (Farmer) have I loved and Esau (Hunter) have I hated. We mark our own souls by the use of the fruit.

Again, we are ALL one loaf of bread.

1 Corinthians 10

14 Therefore, my dear friends, flee from idolatry (making the self an idol). 15 I speak to sensible people; judge for yourselves what I say. 16 Is not the cup of thanksgiving for which we give thanks a participation in the blood of Christ? And is not the bread that we break a participation in the body of Christ? 17 Because there is one loaf, we, who are many, are one body, for we all share the one loaf.

What is that one loaf we ALL share in?

15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him, 20 and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through his blood, shed on the cross.

The body is the Church (Saved) and the Head is Christ. He is the ONE soul being raised as The Son of God. We participate as individuals returning to unity with God. Your fear is generated from being separate from the loaf. You see the process under an incorrect premise. If you know the truth, it sets you free. If God needs to raise the Son, what does that say about the Son from both ends of the loaf? The son is the heel.

1 Corinthians 15

If there is a natural body, there is also a spiritual body. 45 So it is written: “The first man Adam became a living being”[f]; the last Adam, a life-giving spirit.

The heel crushes the head of the error you are fearful of.

Genesis 3

14 So the Lord God said to the serpent, “Because you have done this,

“Cursed are you above all livestock
and all wild animals!
You will crawl on your belly
and you will eat dust
all the days of your life.
15 And I will put enmity
between you and the woman,
and between your offspring[a] and hers;
he will crush your head,
and you will strike his heel.”

Focus on what has been done, not the journey to get there.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Oh ok, I apologize. My bad.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join