It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Judaism, Islam, and Christianity share the same god then why do they disagree on so many things?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Judaism, Islam, and Christianity are all Abrahamic religions, meaning all prophets mentioned in the Torah, Koran, and Bible are descended from Abraham. If they all share the same god (that of Abraham) then why do they constantly bicker between one another about who's right and who's wrong?

If Yahweh, Jesus, and Allah are all the same entity then why do they spread such different messages? Muslims and Jews don't believe Jesus was god in the flesh, yet their god is supposedly the one who sent Jesus in order to become the messiah. How could all this confusion emerge from the infallible message of God?

If your god truly does exist then why does he let all of this confusion about him take place? Was Jesus the messiah or not? Was Mohammed an impostor or not? These are the questions your god has left wide open for people to bicker and kill each other over. If your god truly loves everyone equally and actually exists then why does he let Christians into heaven but not Muslims or vice versa?

It seems to me as though "god" is the ultimate divider and conqueror, something that Satan is supposed to be known for. If you believe that your version is the correct version while the others aren't genuine then what makes you think yours is genuine? If their version of (your) gods message is wrong then why do you think yours is right?

Thanks in advance.

edit on 22-12-2012 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
they have the same god

god sent his word to his chosen people, first...who corrupted and hid parts

he then sent the word to the christians, who corrupted and hid parts

he then sent it for the last time, to muhammed....and it still remains pure.

same word, different eras, different languages

peace

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by thePharaoh

If god sent his message only for the Jews and Christians to corrupt it then what makes you think Islam hasn't done the same thing?

As they say, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree and all 3 share the same tree (god).

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
It is their interpretation of "gods will and direction" that is slightly different. Also differentiating beliefs on prophets. That's it.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

islam, is a pretty young religion

its about 1,400 years.....its easy to see why its considered pure
edit on 22-12-2012 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Above, Father listens and responds to all who call upon his name, whatever name that may be. Father knew that all would not accept one version, as he made all different. So, each one has their own version, but in the end, it all leads to the same God.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Judaism, Islam, and Christianity are all Abrahamic religions, meaning all prophets mentioned in the Torah, Koran, and Bible are descended from Abraham. If they all share the same god (that of Abraham) then why do they constantly bicker between one another about who's right and who's wrong?

If Yahweh, Jesus, and Allah are all the same entity then why do they spread such different messages? Muslims and Jews don't believe Jesus was god in the flesh, yet their god is supposedly the one who sent Jesus in order to become the messiah. How could all this confusion emerge from the infallible message of God?

If your god truly does exist then why does he let all of this confusion about him take place? Was Jesus the messiah or not? Was Mohammed an impostor or not? These are the questions your god has left wide open for people to bicker and kill each other over. If your god truly loves everyone equally and actually exists then why does he let Christians into heaven but not Muslims or vice versa?

It seems to me as though "god" is the ultimate divider and conqueror, something that Satan is supposed to be known for. If you believe that your version is the correct version while the others aren't genuine then what makes you think yours is genuine? If their version of (your) gods message is wrong then why do you think yours is right?

Thanks in advance.

Ok this is what I believed happened:

The basis of Judaism is truth, but the truth got convoluted and went on a wrong path. Then came along Christianity to fix Judaism, which the basis is truth, but just like popular Judaism, it went on a wrong path. Then came along Islam to fix Christianity, which also has truths, but, it went on a wrong path. Now, it's up for a personal relationship with God to fix things

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Ryanssuperman

If their differences are only "slight" then why did they kill one another in the Crusades? Something as slight as you say wouldn't cause that much anger and hatred toward one another. Or would it?

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by DelayedChristmas

Now, it's up for a personal relationship with God to fix things

Yes, this is highly sought from above. This is why even the ones above don't get to interact too much with man, because he will become too dependent upon said entity, rather than speaking directly to Father.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I have studied religions a bit, and these three are not very different at all. Where how and if Jesus fits in is the big question, but the basic ideas are close. I believe that us mortals twist and confuse our holy books and people's faith for dark purposes. People have to want to kill or hurt others, just reading the bible or Torah will not fill you with that desire, but you can attempt to.twist any prophet of any faith's words to try anf justify it.
edit on 22-12-2012 by steppenwolf86 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

I agree, they all started with good intentions except they were taken over and edited to fit certain people's wants and desires. Thanks for this.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by steppenwolf86
I have studied religions a bit, and these three are not very different at all. Where how and if Jesus fits in is the big question, but the test is close. I believe that us mortals twist and confuse our holy books and people's faith for dark purposes. People have to want to kill or hurt others, just reading the bible or Torah will not fill you with that desire, but you can attempt to.twist any prophet of any faith's words to try anf justify it.

I think what Jesus fills is rising above social/religious/conventional norms and being the archetypal apotheosis of love, wisdom, and faith looking people as people past the physical norms and showing people how to do the same.
edit on 22-12-2012 by DelayedChristmas because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   

So in your opinion it only took about 600 years for Christianity to be corrupted but Islam has been left uncorrupted for over twice as long? If Christianity could only make it 600 years what makes you think Islam would last 1,400 years?

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   

All 3 of have no idea what "God" is.

Religions are designed to make sure the curious do not ever find even 20% of the way to finding anything real...but spend time wallowing in pools of deception disguised with spiritual hints that are just enough to allow them to think the energies they can feel match the books they read... and the leaders the follow.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Not trying to be mean or condescending to you, but your questions assume our innocence. These thoughts are very much on the minds of all seekers who are just wanting to see the truth. I am one of the ones that share your questions. We are all seeking answers and ONE truth that we can cling to and say, "AHA, that's it!." Keep something in mind. There is a much larger mystery here to be found, yet the conclusion to the mystery is not in the 'now' of our time line. Not to sound all new age on you here, but we are collapsing a wave of something that already happened. Not only has it already happened, but the image we use to see this event is merely an expression of that event. We are literally a reenactment of a story God tells.

God is the beginning and the end. He is the Adam Kadmon and the New Adam of God's World to Come. Conceptually, this is very hard for us to see. A grand story of Angles and fallen beings is a reality that exists in true reality. Here, we are an image cast by God of this true reality. If God moves, the shadow here moves as well. We can't compare this literally to our conception of a shadow because there is nothing in this place that can be an opposite of God. Just the contrary. We are an image of God here, possessing both opposites of light and shadow. Again, the only means to understand is a mere shadow of the truth.

We ask the question: Why did God allow Israel to slaughter the tribe of Benjamin in Judges 19 and 20 over the mistake of two men. One man was returning home with his unfaithful Concubine and the other older man was willing to give his virgin daughter to a group of homosexual men. The homosexuals were wanting to rape the man, not the concubine. Instead, they released the two women to the reprobates rather than standing for truth and honor. Both women were raped, engaging the events that followed. Thousands died on both sides, along with women and children. For what purpose we ask?

From our perspective today, we know inwardly that this is wrong and in error. We look back against the wave of time to see that the two men were in error, allowing the entire nation to then fall into error. All the while, God allows this to happen to them. We ask a very good question in all of this: Why on Earth did the Lord allow all of this to transpire? Believe it or not, there is a very good answer to this. Ask the correct questions and we find the right answers:

1) Do we know that it is not proper to storm a home so we can rape someone of the same sex?
2) Do we stand up for the honor of those we love?
3) Do we have some understanding of why we embrace the dignity of others above our own selfish desires?

If you can answer yes to these questions, realize that the barbarians of yesterday did not possess these mental and virtuous understandings. We take our sentience and mental programming for granted. In that day and age, the mind was not what it is today on subjects and values we take for granted. Has God changed? No. Has God allowed error so that we may grow? Yes. Was God thinking in more than one direction with His actions? Yes. Can we do the same today because of what came before? Yes.

In reality, we are inside and image where we die and are then born again. We loop through a story that is meant to show us by example. Confucius said, "I hear and I forget. I see and I learn. I do and I understand." We are in an image. We live and we die here. In reality, our souls are split from our true natures. Here are two passages to consider.

Matthew 18 (We are Children of God)

10 “See that you do not despise one of these little ones. For I tell you that their angels in heaven always see the face of my Father in heaven.

Consider this from Rumi the Sufi

The angels go not on dry land,
And the animals know nothing of the sea;
Thou in body art an animal, in thy soul an angel;
Hence thou goest both upon earth and on heaven."
Hence to outward view "He is a man like you,"
While to his sharp-seeing heart "it hath been revealed."
His earthy form has fallen on earth,
His spirit revolving above highest heaven.

Our domain is both Heaven and Earth. To be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord as the Bible says. We embrace this image of heaven as ours to own. In reality, we think and move only. We are not here to possess or own anything. We are here to learn. What we gain from the harsh lessons is a reflecting point above where we neither die or face uncertain futures. Do we blast the author of our faith for telling a story in his own word? No. We value the amazing story we are told and appreciate the true reality we live as we read. We are immersed into a character that we can use to act according to our own unique heart. What came before is only are true reflection of us in the past. What are we now and what will we be?

Better questions are available.

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Thanks in advance.

[/quote

edit on 22-12-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-12-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Jesus message is entirely been made useless to the masses...since they tricked everyone into believing he was "God" incarnate.

This has lead to NOONE following his actual teachings or examples since they believe they are vastly inferior and incapable, so they falsely worship and at best receive good feelings in return.

Who will break the mold, and actually attempt what Jesus said is possible ??? Hint: It wont be anyone from these 3 religions.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

I find myself thinking that people such as the OP have misdirected anger. Why in this case do you direct your anger at God, and lay the blame at the altar rather than at the feet of man? For those who believe, God let his own son be sacrificed in order to show us what he meant, what he expected of us, and we still don't get it, or have corrupted it purposely. Blame man before blaming the Lord, and that goes for nearly everything bad in the world! To blame God is arrogant and missing the point. It takes flesh to spill blood.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

Lets ask a question of you Enoch, do you actually believe this planet is following a Divine Plan ??

And how many lifetimes do you get for this learning ??

I believe things are even far more complex than you are saying, which likely means everything you have learnt could change,, again.

And that angels are not really a descriptive enough term for the Host of beings that exist on countless planes of existence.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
What has God got to do with it?

Religion is merely a way for men to control societies and impose rules and order. (theirs)
Different societies - different messages. Within each human is a spiritual longing to find answers and solace to his fear of oblivion, ego dictates that we must matter and that despite our insignificance in the vastness of the cosmos we are just too special to be mere animals who pass through existence and vanish completely. Religions capitalise on this inate part of our psyche and can manipulate people accordingly.

Assuming power and control is at the root of them all.
Hence millennia of bloodshed done to those who opposed them and to each other.

Religions rise to prominence and gain dominance over societies by force, every single one of them is steeped in blood.
God has nothing to do with it

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by steppenwolf86

My "anger" is not directed at the Abrahamic god, how could I be angry at something I do not believe exists (the church's version at least)? One of the premises behind this thread was to insinuate that I believe the Abrahamic god (the church's version) was created by man to control man. Sorry if I didn't make that clear enough.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join