It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: Former US President says Bush exploted 9-11 for his own ends

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by dubiousone
Bush exploits 9-11 to rally the sheeple to the cause.

An article today on Al Jazeera.com posits that the "terrorists" like having Bush in power because his policies toward the Middle East set the US up as a common-enemy around which they can muster the support of countless citiziens of that region which would not exist if a democrat were in power. They love Bush. They wouldn't have a fraction of the support they now have if he were gone and hope he is re-elected.

Yeah...once again...was this why the US was attacked by Islamic extremists under Clinton?...........and when was the planning for 9/11 done? under Clinton..... it took years for Al Qaeda to plan this, and the original plan was worse than what happened.....

This is proof that nomatter which president was in office these terrorist groups were going to do this, and they never had any problems before getting recruits to commit suicide attacks....why the heck is it easier for them now that we are hunting them? That does not make sense.

And please leave the bs behind that after we went to iraq things got worse....we got the worse attack on the US, and later on Spain before we went to Iraq... These people were planning this for years and under the Clinton administration.

So, now a known terrorist-sponsor news source is trying a new way to sway the votes of Americans, and you want to fall for it......

Is really ironic how some members keep bringing up these terrorist sponsored links and believing all the crap they say, yet they call the rest of us "sheep" because we don't want to believe "terrorists" instead of every other source of information that points to the fact that....this plan of theirs had been in the works for a long time, and no matter which candidate is president they will continue to bring terrorism....

[edit on 25-10-2004 by Muaddib]

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Well that was one long post. Too long. If any of you read the whole thing it says all I needed to hear and all I all ready knew. Bush is exactly what I thought he was. A religious fanatic. It's this type of fanaticism that we need to be concerned with. Bush is so blinded by his extreme faith that I don't believe he could see the light if it was two feet in front of him. I think he really believes he is Gods messenger. The only thing he is, is dangerous. When one is so blinded by religion they can't always see reality. This is definitley the case for Bush. For All of the Bush supporters out there, if this is what you want go for it. How does that saying go. What you sow is what you shall reap. Well if he gets in for 4 more years we are gonna reap a whole lotta sh.....t. We have nothing to fear but fear it self = GW Bush.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I heard white house staffers have a hard time gettin Bush to go to church on Sunday, or any day...maybe he doesnt need to...he and the lord are one.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
I heard white house staffers have a hard time gettin Bush to go to church on Sunday, or any day...maybe he doesnt need to...he and the lord are one.

Not to be off topic, but Clinton went to church almost every Sunday! Bush, almost never!

I know this because I remember seeing Clinton and thinking, "What a pain in the ass it must be to have to go to each each Sunday when your the President". I guess Bush never thought about it.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib

Yeah...once again...was this why the US was attacked by Islamic extremists under Clinton?...........and when was the planning for 9/11 done? under Clinton..... it took years for Al Qaeda to plan this, and the original plan was worse than what happened.....

[edit on 25-10-2004 by Muaddib]

You still believe that foreign terrorists caused 9/11?

How do you explain that 7 of the 19 listed hijackers are still alive? O:

It wasn't al-Qaida. Try Al-CIA-Duh.

Just another Bush apologist trying to blame the last president for all of Bush's # ups. Remember when the WTC was first attacked, and Clinton said the terrorists started it all on Bush Sr.'s watch? Oh yeah, neither do I, because he didn't pass the buck.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Taibunnsu, are you insinuating that George W. Bush lied to the people?

*gasp* no, no no.-rolls away from desk and storms off to bed. Could it be??? nah*

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 12:07 AM
link   

*gasp* no, no no.-rolls away from desk and storms off to bed. Could it be??? nah*

The only thing I can say is that the case about 9/11 should have been researched as a criminal investigation. Instead, there was no independent investigation and the entire crime has been used as propaganda. There has been no official effort to find the guilty parties.

All we know about it is that CNN was saying Al-Qaida did it as soon as the pictures were on TV, and that Dick Cheney came on a few days afterward and confirmed this.

Since then, it's been used as a carte blanche to wage war and a means of keeping people scared. The only problem is, that people recover from shock and start asking questions. That's what's going on now.

www.911uncovered.com...

Read and watch for yourself.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Jimmy Carter is an engineer; so am I.
He is a former submarine sailor; I am too.
He is a born-again Christian; same here.

He is a wonderful gentleman, a man of faith and decency, and a Christian in all senses of the word.

A true man of peace, he richly deserved his Nobel Prize.

But he was a poor president, who could neither lead nor energize the American people. Whether or not he was responsible for the malaise and stagflation which ruled our country when I was in my thirties is irrelevant; he tried and failed, again and again.

His post-presidency dealings with thugs like Kim Jong-Il have seen our country and our national interests taken to the cleaners over and over again. Carter -- a fine, decent man -- cannot, deep in his heart, believe that others are not also kind and decent men.

And that is why, although I identify with Jimmy Carter on so many different levels, I don't pay attention to his pronouncements any more.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by taibunsuu

You still believe that foreign terrorists caused 9/11?

How do you explain that 7 of the 19 listed hijackers are still alive? O:

It wasn't al-Qaida. Try Al-CIA-Duh.

Just another Bush apologist trying to blame the last president for all of Bush's # ups. Remember when the WTC was first attacked, and Clinton said the terrorists started it all on Bush Sr.'s watch? Oh yeah, neither do I, because he didn't pass the buck.

Probably because there was no buck to pass since neither president Bush downsized our military and our intelligence community like Clinton decided to do...

And do you have "reliable" links with information on this supposed cia/Bush link on 9/11?....... i don't think so, unless is one of those sites that starts spewing unintelligent crap and post them as "the truth".....

I should be the one laughing at you taibunsuu, but I actually pity you for being so gullible....

Wasn't there a controversy over whether or not Saddam had contacts with some Al Qaeda members which were involved in 9/11 because some of the Arabic names are very common?...... i remember something like this in the news, perhaps not exactly but more or less it went like that...

---edited for mispelling---

[edit on 26-10-2004 by Muaddib]

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by taibunsuu

The only thing I can say is that the case about 9/11 should have been researched as a criminal investigation. Instead, there was no independent investigation and the entire crime has been used as propaganda. There has been no official effort to find the guilty parties.

BS, there were independent investigations and information given by several engineers, and no wild conspiracy hill-billies-wanna-be-engineers.

Once more,..... how many threads are there all over ATS and ATSNN where this was already discussed?....if you want to bring this up again then i would say it is better if you look up those links and continue one of those threads so all the information is gathered in one place....

[edit on 26-10-2004 by Muaddib]

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 01:51 AM
link   

I should be the one laughing at you taibunsuu, but I actually pity you for being so gullible....

Hey if you want to believe that seven of the 19 hijackers lived through the 9/11 attacks, then that's your choice.

What reliable source should I believe? The US Government?

My beliefs are formulated from information I gain from many different sources. What I don't believe is that the Administration's explanation of 9/11 is true. I believe the actual facts of the crime are still unknown to the general public. I believe that independent investigators, seperate from the government, are closer to the truth.

If the government's so accurate in everything, remember, Tenent said that WMDs in Iraq were 'A slam dunk case.'

Oh and since this is about the president exploiting 9/11, I think the fact that the truth about 9/11 has never been discovered, but the effect of 9/11 has been exploited like a two-cent whore by Bush, is quite valid.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 01:59 AM
link   

BS, there were independent investigations and information given by several engineers, and no wild conspiracy hill-billies-wanna-be-engineers.

So, the chief designer of the WTC is a wild conspiracy hill-billy wanna-be engineer?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join