It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS help for technically challenged members to record/cache news before it dissapears

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
This isn't an ats specific question but it said "You're not allowed to post in the research section" so I'll put here.

I thought given the circumstances of everything from sandy hook back to OKC and well before it would be handy to be able to record/archive events as they unfold in real time. When they blew up the murrah building we were wishing we would have popped in a vhs to record the news that was changing stories by the minute. Sounds familiar, Deja Vu?

What would be good/the best tools for recording screen-shots, audio feeds and video off the internet? And we should probably suggest cross platform tools as well; linux, mac and windows (for those who continue to refuse giving their money to that eugenicist). All helpful suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
screen shots, all you really need is something like ms paint. On the keyboard, hold shift, then push the print screen button(usually in the upper right hand corner of the keyboard), then open up paint and control v. Let me know if I am explaining it clearly.

For audio and video, there is a great addon for firefox called flashgot, that is what I use.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
You can install one of those PDF printer drivers that act like a printer but make PDF files. That way you just have to print the page (remember to print all the images and background) to get a PDF file of what the page looked like.

join