It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Egyptian Mummification: Oops - I think you forgot something in my brain.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Have to admit, I actually laughed when I read the original title of this article. As a migraine sufferer, I've often joked about performing self-lobotomies on days when the migraines were really bad...here's something different to discuss rather than all the gloom and doom threads out there.

On ancient brain removal procedures

Full article here

www.livescience.com...
edit on 22-12-2012 by Charmeine because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-12-2012 by Charmeine because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
They do show some pretty fantastic photos taking with MRI and CT machines of a mummified skeleton. Worthy of a look.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I was thinking, maybe they used separate tools to "liquefy" the brain and remove it. I'd assume liquefying the brain would entail "mashing" the brain with a stick, It would make sense to me that a stick would be more effective than a hook... just a thought...

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Very interesting. I loved the title. Thank you for sharing.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   
I've often wondered how they performed the mummification too - and I hope to high heavens these mummies were dead when the procedures were started. I couldn't imagine being alive and having this done. What makes me curious is how the heck do you forget something in someone's brain? there must have been a good story behind that...

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Coratoan

A very unnerving thought as I just got a visual - yuck!! But interesting thought. I too wonder how they did it.

top topics

join