It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[HOAX][LIE][CRAP]: Victoria Soto’s RIP Facebook Page CREATED 4 DAYS BEFORE SHOOTING

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by neformore

Well as a moderator can you not do something about it? This is the first I have logged on here for a few days due to the sheer nonsense being posted about no one died, using actors etc, and the abuse that follows if you dare to suggest that they are wrong and that it is totally insensitive to post such drivel when so many families have lost their little children...

If I was related to any of the families and saw this rubbish, I would be looking for a good lawyer...

Edit: At least I see it is in an appropriately named forum..

edit on 23-12-2012 by destination now because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by destination now

People believe what they want to. Sad but true.

This is the Ludicrous Online Lies forum for a reason.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   
I'd never want to censor the threads, that'd give the conspiracy theorists even more ammunition to fuel their paranoia. They should stand and be refuted as examples of conspiracy theories done the wrong way.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by shasta9600

What do we have so far?

1). Parents and witnesses acting incredibly strange, laughing, seemingly forced emotion etc.

2). Conflicting reports: which weapons were used, interview from the Principal the day of the shooting, the mother's whereabouts, who died where etc.

3). Oddities: why was Adam Lanza driving Christopher A Rodia's car, when we were told that it was supposed to be his mom's car etc.

4). Reports of multiple gunmen, friends in NJ etc.

And I know there's more. Not sure how anyone can think that there isnt something strange going on.

Its almost as though there is deliberate confusion and misinformation from the media and establishment.

edit on 23-12-2012 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   

And sue over what, an opinion?

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

Believe me, if I had lost my daughter the way the Parker's have and I read some of the most appalling things, not only about the father's video, but then all the discussion about my 6 yr old who was killed and her siblings who are still alive, I would find something...

You can't libel the dead but the slanderous things that have been said about those still living, whilst they are already going through unimaginable trauma, is so offensive, I'm sure there are plenty of people working in the justice system who would be quite happy to have their day in court.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

All they did was rename her page.. DOH.

Nothing to see here

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by humphreysjim
I'd never want to censor the threads, that'd give the conspiracy theorists even more ammunition to fuel their paranoia. They should stand and be refuted as examples of conspiracy theories done the wrong way.

The problem is that surreal events such as Sandy Hook give conspiracy thrill seekers fuel to peddle outrageous nonsense and hide behind the anonymity of an avatar and handle. Not one of the 'they were all actors' or 'Emilie Parker was a satanist' proponents would ever put their real names and faces in support of the outlandish theories. These threads aren't created to put forward serious articles of debate, but attention seek and leap from one tenuous link to the next in a vain hope of landing a 'government did it' connection.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere

If those families were to read some of these threads, then the case for libel is very strong. These are published words from people casting inferior and negative light on people directly involved in the massacre -- that is libel.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Greets! Long time reader, first time poster.
Respect to OP for this.
After examining both sides of the argument, I have to believe this is a real event. But, I also believe this is a psy-op perpetrated by the powers that be to put one more nail in the 2nd amendment's coffin. (Similar to Gibson's character in 'Conspiracy Theory' I think gunman's mind had powerful "suggestion" put into it, and the "trigger" was pulled, sending him on this mission. It's very easy to do with hypnosis. I can't back this theory up, but it just "feels" like that sort of thing. Most of the posters are correct, there are a lot of anomalies (aside from the FB page) that are curious, such as how Obama Bin-Ladin played the emotions of the tragedy, the swiftness of media response, the poor quality reporting, the knee-jerk reaction of the senate, ect ect. This is one more horrible act brought on by the same people who brought you Columbine, VT, 9/11, OKC, Princess Di, JFK, the underwear bomber, Anthrax, H5N1 (the genetically modified version of H1N1), HIV, SARS, Flouride, "Fast and Furious", Operation Northwoods, Lewinski, "spontaneous combustion", Faux News, CBS (can't believe sh&t), Pearl Harbor, the Cold War, vietnam, credit cards, and thousands upon thousands more things.

That being said, my heart goes out to those families with unimaginable suffering.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Its almost as though there is deliberate confusion and misinformation from the media and establishment.

Its almost like Ats and those with half a brain forgets how incompetent the media really is, when reporting real-time news/tragedies.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
The title of this thread has been appropriately amended, and the opening post modified.

This is one of the more disappointing threads I've ever seen with regard to the unfortunate gullibility of ATS members.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

well said

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I knew it, but the mentally unstable paranoid freaks see conspiracies everywhere.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Slander?

In several countries internet content is now being viewed legally as publishing. If a paper can be sued for making a false claim about someone publicly, based on nothing, so can Joe Public mouthing off in a forum or on a blog.

I don't know how that goes in the USA, but it wouldn't surprise me if there is precedence for it, as your national sport seems to be suing each other lol

There are people here claiming that the parents of dead children are acting, I would say that's grounds to sue. And I would also say that any court hearing that case, and the American public as a whole, would be on the victims side.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

Its almost like Ats and those with half a brain forgets how incompetent the media really is, when reporting real-time news/tragedies.

This is the best hypocritical part of it for me. These same people scream about the BS of the MSM, but when the MSM reports something that fits nicely into their delusion it's suddenly 100% accurate and EVIDENCE of the false flag!

The MSM is only a puppet to these people when it goes against what they want to hear. When it's feeding their delusion they lap it up like the public they attack for believing anything the MSM says.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I'm glad there is some rational thought still left. This is the appropriate place for this topic, imo, not just this one item.

I also wonder how many of the people chomping at the bit to bring forward new and more revealing details to the table, are also calling for the punishment of those 2 radio hosts that pranked the hospital the other week.

The general thinking being, that they caused an enormous amount of suffering to the family of that nurse.

I wonder if they stop to think just what the parents of their pet topic would feel, should they read some of the stuff here.

The problem isn't just gullibility either, there is a lot of forced opinion - meaning that some people have made their minds up and don't want to or need to discuss the points raised but start off expressing how ignorant it is of others to not see this as a false flag from the start. They are so encumbered with faulty logic that there is no room for rational logic.

I know I've been red lining reading some things of late. Posted where I probably should have just gone for a walk. And I'm not even in the USA.

I can only imagine the horror someone related to the families of these poor souls, should they read these pages.

And it's not just ATS. Unless word of mouth has spread beyond, as I even heard a local radio talkback host mention the inanity of this being a 'false flag' and alluding to conspiracists online... no names however.

Someone else put it succinctly. Gutter Press. Right up there with paparazzi chasing car accidents. First in, best prized.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend
I know I've been red lining reading some things of late. Posted where I probably should have just gone for a walk. And I'm not even in the USA.

I can only imagine the horror someone related to the families of these poor souls, should they read these pages.

And it's not just ATS. Unless word of mouth has spread beyond, as I even heard a local radio talkback host mention the inanity of this being a 'false flag' and alluding to conspiracists online... no names however.

I've felt the same way about this. Other posters have accused me of being a government agent of some kind for DARING to question their delusions. If I go back into a thread about this and continue to try and drum some sense into these people I am under attack and told that my repeated attempts to offer some common sense and my anger at them for being so willingly stupid is EVIDENCE that I'm trying to end investigation or discussion of it.

The fact is, all of these conspiracies are delusions, and people are writing some pretty sickening stuff about these poor grieving parents.

The fact that people are so willing to attack the victims in this way is what makes me angry, and their constant refusal of the facts and evidence makes me more angry.

Yes, I am angry about this, I am angry that the motto here is supposed to be "deny ignorance" and I'm also angry that ATS has allowed this to continue in the way it has. That might be because it's a bonus for search results and gets them lots of traffic, or it might be that some of them believe the fantasies themselves. Either way, they are supporting hoaxes, supporting ignorance, and they are doing it in relation to the most tragic event we have seen this year.

It infuriates me that so many are using this as entertainment, and some are seemingly supporting the insanity as a way to generate traffic and revenue.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

I totally agree with you, normally if I think a thread is rubbish, I just walk away, but I really couldn't do that in the first instance with the crazy batman movie thread, which then morphed into "The whole event is a hoax with actors" but I was eventually forced to give it up, because of the abuse I was taking and the personal attacks, which just seemed to be ignored by the mods (and it seemed obvious to me that it was a group attack, whether by several individuals, backing each other up to prove a point or a case of multiple ID's) If you read back on that thread you can see some of the name calling and abuse that myself and others (you included I believe) had to put up with all on the premise that a movie held a clue about a future event!

I'm all for conspiracy theories, and I realise that sometimes those of us who believe things are not as we are being told can sometimes be ostracised and made to look like nutters. However, in this case it really is just a conspiracy theory too far and it has deeply saddened me that these threads are flourishing and seemingly have so much support.

Freedom of speech is something I will always defend, but with freedom of speech comes responsibility and by forcing your right to freedom to say whatever you want on a public forum, you must also realise that by doing so, the chances are you are stepping on the freedoms of others. In this case, the freedom to grieve in peace without being hounded and accused of being an actor, or being part of some Govt psyop...

Edit: I do however hold out some hope for this site, thanks to the actions of Skeptic Overlord in renaming this thread and to the other mods around the board who are working away to stem the flow of the nonsense

edit on 24-12-2012 by destination now because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 06:11 AM
link   

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join