It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NJ Town agress with NRA, Places Armed Guards at Schools

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
there have been police at every elementary school here since it happened. granted I live in the next town over, but it will likely continue for a few months, but I doubt it is permanent

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by jaynkeel

I live here. It's a very conservative area of NJ. Almost always goes red. Romney signs were ALL over the place during election time.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by onequestion
Isn't there something wrong with us having to have armed guards everywhere?

No.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

Just pulling this out of the air, eh? Getting a job as an armed guard in NJ isn't easy. Most of the time you've got to have previous experience as an armed guard, former police officer, or former military. Otherwise, you'll likely be declined the license. It's not like they're hiring some kid from wal-mart at minimum wage...

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by jaynkeel
Wow never thought New Jersey would be one of the first to enact this, totally surprised by that. But I agree good decision and hope many to follow in their footsteps.

I'm more surprised that there is actually a school on the east coast that didn't already have armed guards, a single access point, and metal detectors in place...

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by deadeyedick
In the end it will be the tsa at the schools.

Is it required to have your body fat over 40% to work for TSA?

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by jaynkeel
Wow never thought New Jersey would be one of the first to enact this, totally surprised by that. But I agree good decision and hope many to follow in their footsteps.

Schools all over the country have school police and security guards. It's not new.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Hear me out here, I'm an 8th grader and this sickens me. Sure, I might be a little scared of having a lunatic shoot up my school, but, I would be MUCH more scared of having armed guards standing around at my school everywhere. I think this is just a way for the NWO to monitor us more and get us familiarized with gunmen everywhere. What message is it sending to the kids if it is just normal to have big weapons held by big men at school, a "safe" place?

That sounds like a STELLAR learning environment.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by ryguyxiv

Hear me out here, I'm an 8th grader and this sickens me.

Your in 8th grade...what do you know? Not much. Doesn't mean your dumb, just means you haven't lived long enough to know what you are talking about. An Officer at school are not exactly jack booted thug for the NWO - get a grip. Kids are supposed to be at school to learn. Period. It our job as parents to do everything to keep them safe. If that means tax dollars going to a local Sheriff deputy at every elementary school then so be it. Where we live High schools, and i think Junior Highs, have a full time "resource officer" anyway. Personally, i would rather have them out front where ever people pull in.

V

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Variable

nothing like a fresh target for the drive-by lunatics

but, by all means ... distract the kids even more than they are now ... that's a good idea

we've had graphics on backpacks banned for their 'distractions' ... armed guards are going to 'blend right in', are they ?

what a knee jerk reaction that isn't gonna help one iota.
but hey, it'll pacifiy the majority, right ?

those who are already licensed carriers, need to have clearance to carry on property, period.
no special forces, no tactical distractions, no 'targets' for the rest of the lunnies among us.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

nerbot, baby....confused on what freedom is....hay....come to Texas and see how common sense really guides one through any confusion.!

edit on 24-12-2012 by GBP/JPY because: Yahuweh...the coolest of names, I swear

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
so, what happens when these 'armed security guards' are used to restrict parents from access to their children ? maybe no one else sees a purpose but 'forced vaccines' come to mind.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

lol

nothing like a fresh target for the drive-by lunatics but, by all means ... distract the kids even more than they are now ... that's a good idea

Don't have any kids is my guess. Maybe really distracted by your weird views on the world. I'm not how you go from one cop to armed guards. I think your probably confused by reality.

V

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Maybe parents these days need to teach their kids some freaking RESPECT! half the kids I meet these days have no respect whatsoever for anyone besides themselves. They do what they want, when they want, and how they want, and their parents defend them.

Starting out by giving them a good kick in the rear when they misbehave is a start...Kids have to learn the consequences of their actions.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ryguyxiv

I think this is just a way for the NWO to monitor us more

You can forget this NWO stuff.
Washington hasn't been able to agree on a spending budget for the past 3 years. Never mind coming up with a reason to monitor everthing each citizen does all day.

Do you think the guards will know each students name and write down in a little book what each one does during the school day? And if these notes from all the schools are passed to one spook in the city for compiling, How long would it take him? Remember in NYC there are about 1150 schools. Would you want to write a daily report on all the students for NYC and send it to the main spook in the state capitol? Imagine his job?
Billy kissed Sally in the girls locker room. While the history teachr smoked a cigarette in the gym at lunch.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Variable

how do you suppose a 'cop' is anything less than an 'armed guard' ??
is he/she a guard ? yep
is he/she armed ? thought that was the whole point ?

where and how is this vision so warped ?

if you are ok with an 'armed guard', what's wrong with several who are already licensed to carry ? eliminating the 'gun free zones' would go a long way toward rectifying the problem and not cost a dime.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join