It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is happening with the West Coast? Ozone map gone mad!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
This one looks interesting:
Ozone Map

An increase of 40% of the ozone density,located on the pacific N-W coast of the US . Very strange, I did not see something like this before.. any opinions on what could cause what we see on this map?
edit on 22-12-2012 by Romanian because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Romanian

East coast? Looks like the West to me....

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

You are right, sorry for confusing you. Just bit tired - corrected now.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Expect ozone to be depleted further than in the 80's as India and China continue to industrialize without our stringent environmental regulations in place.

There's going to be spots like this that will increase as the years pass. It's the new norm for a while yet.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

Sorry not sure if I understand it - the spot/area I mention has 40 % more not less when compared with the referenced value..

edit on 22-12-2012 by Romanian because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
it's downwind of fukushima ... maybe it's radioactive

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I live on the west coast of Canada and we have very strict laws on the use of CFC refrigerants. So maybe the use of non-ozone depleting refrigerants is working.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I saw your map and it made me think of isobars and such.

We are currently experiencing a very strong low pressure system in the PNW and I do wonder if that is causing the effect that you are seeing on that map.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
The ozone layer is a layer of O3 which is created when high energy EMR impacts the upper atmosphere and excites regular O2 and breaks them into individual oxygen molecules which settle into the 25-30km range and undergo a reaction that results in O3, or ozone.

If we are noticing an increase in O3 in the atmosphere I would look at the levels of incoming high-energy EMR. Other important variables to look at would be the levels of O2 in the upper atmosphere or a decrease in UV radiation which normally dissociates/breaks down the ozone layer. Could be a number of factors.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I'm curious if this will have any effect on ocean currents/jet streams and weather patterns on the West Coast? If so, what type of effect and to what degree would this chanage "normal" patterns of weather? Anybody a weather expert, here?

-Ghoster

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   

WARNING: The data are processed in near real-time, have not been fully validated, and are preliminary.
exp-studies.tor.ec.gc.ca...

But are you sure there is anything unusual about it? Do you view the maps frequently? Have you viewed that same map recently?
Do you know what the chart is actually showing?
edit on 12/22/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

I stand corrected.

Hard wake up this morning.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I watched the maps for about 3 years I guess. I did see drops of 40 % however never increase of 40%, and never something so localised for either drop on increase of O3.

The values are compared against a measurement made back in the 70s , this measurement becoming the reference for the map above ( the 100 %). Something happening locally could explain it. O, what is happening with O2 when exposed to microwave radiation? just looks like a very localized source of microwave radiation could explain this.. anyway maybe the people doing the maps just enjoyed a glass of wine hehe

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
In Australia north of say Byron Bay the uV index is regularly between 13 and 15.
UV causes skin cancer and destroys cells within the body.
I have studied the ozone thinning for twenty years as an interested citizen.
They tell us the hiole ove Antartica is shrinking, but what they don't say is we are seeing cancer incidences soaring, because Aussies are been bombarded with extraordinary amounts of radiation from the sun , because the ozone thinning has not been corrected.
I hope in the USA you do not get what we are getting.
You have had enough tragedy this year.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Maybe it is a lot of air purifiers in use because of all the pollution.
Some of those produce ozone I think.

ummm, here: www.arb.ca.gov...

No seriously, no idea...seems though like there might be something producing it, unless Mother Earth has some way to produce it in response to radiation, like a equilibrium reset type response.
edit on 22-12-2012 by hadriana because: adding link

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
You need to look at the ISS live feed.

Principally 20 Decmber 2012 at 10.50pm Then move to 11 min into the video.
The sun is more Violet coloured. Maybe it is also giving off more EMR.

Our sun is changing, to counteract an act of mass destruction.

Just an idea.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
How coincidental that this ozone change comes at the same time as one of the strongest series of winter storms to hit the northwest in many years. I live on the I-5 corridor in Oregon and I can't remember this much rain in at least 15 years. Most rivers are near flood stage with snow pack already quite high in the Cascades. Connection?

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Too many Vegetarians over there, the methane levels are increasing. They have to stop eating beans for their protein source.:shk:

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
It's because the Seahawks are so hot they changed the atmosphere

seriously, the PNW always has winters with lots of rain, flooding etc... so don't see any correlation to rain.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   

one word .....H.A.A.R.P..... it is in Alaska, and is sending constant energy up and around the sky.

2nd line

top topics

<<   2 >>

join