It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama expected to nominate anti-Israel Hagel as secretary of defense

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Here are a few compiled snippets of what the article has to say about Chuck Hagel's political standpoint, as he runs for becoming Chief Pentagon.

“The political reality is … that the Jewish lobby intimidates a lot of people up here,” Hagel told former Mideast peace negotiator Aaron David Miller in a 2006 interview.........

The top nominee for the post of Defense Secretary was the first Republican senator to publicly criticize the war in Iraq, calling it the worst foreign policy blunder since the Vietnam War, and he has consistently opposed any plan to launch military strike against Iran.........

And my most favorite snippet, so good it could be a signature.....

“I’m not an Israeli senator. I’m a United States senator,” he reiterated.

I searched for any threads about this topic, but I found none. But if there is one already out, then please remove this one soon as possible.

Initially I posted this one the Alternative Breaking News forum, but I realized that this is relativity old news; so I defaced the thread and have asked the moderators to get rid of post.

As titled from the headline, Obama is expected to nominate Chuck Hagel to the position of Chief Pentagon. On the other hand, former defense undersecretary for policy, and Ashton Carter, deputy defense secretary are also contesting for the Chief Pentagon seat. I really hope Chuck Hagel gets the spot. Hagel is revered for his critical stance on Isreal, and his outlook on foreign policy as well.

This guy could really make a difference on what could happen to Iran and Israel. Looks like somebody decided not to be Israel's puppet.

You can check out the source for the whole story.

source www.presstv.ir... li-in-obama-pentagon-chief-list/

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by tinhattribunal

U are racist for sure!

back to OP
if Chuck Hagel have chance to become Chief of Pentagon, than zionist MSM will bring up his old comment from 14 years ago in 1998, Comment On Gay Ambassadorial Nominee James Hormel... plus they will try to call him anti-Semite to...

2nd line

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Sounds GOOD to me!! Israel is NOTHING but TROUBLE to America.

And more trouble in MANY more ways then most would imagine....

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZakOlongapo
reply to post by CincinnatiReds

i never write that!
and i DO know english..

You mean: "I never WROTE that," so your claim that you know English is dubious. But the real question here is why you called this guy a "racist" for saying Obama was a "bad-ass muslim." As has been pointed out, despite your objection, Muslim is not a race. People of all races are Muslim, including a substantial number of people of Asian descent, so why have you made this leap to "racist" from that comment? It's not logical. It does not follow.

This is a very basic and fundamental issue that has been extant since Obama emerged on the world stage. To some people ANY criticism of Obama's policies equates to "racism," which is, of course, patently absurd. Either we must agree with everything Obama does, or we are racist. It's not just you. It's MSM news broadcasters, pundits, and your basic garden-variety guilty liberal all over the country. It's like pulling a string on a talking doll.

"Obama's foreign policy sucks."
Pull the string, "You're a racist!"

Obama's stance on gun control is unacceptable."

"Obama's relations with Congress could stand some improvement."

Claiming "racism" for everything cheapens the phrase and makes it meaningless. There really is racism in the world and it deserves to be called out when found and substantiated, including racism directed against the Caucasian race, something that is studiously ignored. But by over-using this phrase you and others have made it into a laughingstock. It's so obviously absurd that people are no longer taking it seriously.
edit on 12/22/2012 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by DisUglyBoyHere

A good grab, and bump! Looks like HBO is appeasing the
inflamed sensibilities of the recently well purged General Staff by
putting in a genuinely hard fighter for bullet'n'bomb budgeting! /sarc off
And forget the rhetoric-- watch what happens after the yoke goes on.
Besides he's got better hair than Rick PERRY!! Ach Zowie...
Last time I saw him show in the well of the Senate he was wearing a
grey suit; and the Bald Eagle treatment almost made me automatically
salute.
Best of all ti's keeping right in lockstep with his handlers' wishes (as if
he made a choice) and the 8th Protocol: in a nutshell
"Don't hire anybody less compromised than you." God help us all Tim.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
So you are going to replace your Israeli loving, Arab bashing chief with a Arab loving, Israeli and gay bashing chief? Is anyone in the USA centerist anymore?

And this is good how?

edit on 22-12-2012 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

thank U for tidy up my grammar, cos it is never 100% if it is not my own language, i have to deal with 5 different languages... anyway tinhattribunal sounds like what i say.
and U two bring nothing to the point of the OP
or U did?
we are talking about Obama expected to nominate "anti-Israel" Hagel as secretary of defense...
did i miss something?
edit on 22-12-2012 by ZakOlongapo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I don't quite understand what makes him anti-Isreal? Is he publicly against the continuation of the state of Israel? I haven't seen any evidence that would support such an assertion--as such, I have a problem with labeling this man "anti-Israel". Properly, he seems either (a) disinterested in the security of Israel or (b) more concerned with U.S. military security at the expense of Israeli security. None of these two positions are anti-Israel.

-Ghoster
edit on 22-12-2012 by theghoster because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Come on People.....

"I thought we were done with this," said Aryeh Azriel, the rabbi at Temple Israel in Omaha, Neb., where Hagel has been a longtime regular presence, in an interview Friday with The Huffington Post. "I though we were done already with the [childishness] of being Jewish where everyone who says something critical about Israel needs to be labeled an anti-Semite. I find this extremely stupid, and definitely not helpful."

Chuck Hagel Anti-Israel Charge Is 'Extremely Stupid,' Nebraska Rabbi Says

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by theghoster

he is not. but just look at the news few days old on google...
google this:
chuck hagel anti semite

edit on 22-12-2012 by ZakOlongapo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ZakOlongapo

Perhaps, I'm missing a major news report, but as far as I can tell he as (a) a history of critiquing Israeli military policy and (b) made comments concerning an "intimidating" Israeli lobby. he also appears to have made statements against (?) or offensive to gays. Sounds like a guy who is rather loose with his lips, but anti-Israel, I'm still not seeing it, but I guess we'll see.

-Ghoster

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
This is terrible OP,how dare a USA political figure be anti Israeli.
How could he even be considered, why is still existing.
Oh my ...next we will hear him say, that Palestinians in 1948 were machine gunned down as they were been focibly expelled from their towns and villages.
He would be then called a liar, even though its on historical archived film recordings.
AND ALSO ADMITTED TO on TV by a former Israeli soldier...he called iyt a turkey shoot and was smiling as he said it.
How could anyone ever criticise Isrrael.
He must be Anti semitic....
Semitic by the way includes Palestinians...but many do nott know that.
Why?
Because of the same reasons , they do not know of the massacres of 1947 and 1948.
Or how Jewish terrorists murdered over 250 British....by virtue of bombing the David Hotel .
Or how Jewish snipers killed hundreds of British troops in Palestine ...troops who had just finished fighting ADOLF HITLER.
Or how Churchill was blackmailed by the uSA into alllowing zionists most from Russia to butcher the local Arabs, (he was told ordered to withdraw, or the uSA would call in the war loans ASAP.
No nonot ever a man appointed who is in any way anti Israeli.
This is outrageous

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Hagels under attack from the Israeli lobbyist, so much so his having to apologise for a throw away comment made 14 years ago, talk about ridiculous.

And as for his comments being condemned about Israeli lobbyist throw there weight around to much in washington, he was telling the truth.

The only people who suddenly seem offended are the Jewish lobbyist who don't like the idea that they are not getting there way and having there choice put as SOD.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Based on this post alone.. Hagel sounds like a not so bad guy. I'd pick him.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by OrionsWitness

Any chance you could supply me with that footage/show? Not doubting just am curious.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Rabbi from Nebraska? Is that by the lower east side? Oy vey! - stereotypical jewish rabbi voice

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Note that the following is not directed at the OP or anyone in this topic necessarily, but is just a general observation concerning this particular topic and its political/ideological implications.

I'm always fascinated when we, as alternative or "fringe" investigators and/or aficionados, believe ourselves to be somehow above the partisanship of mainstream politics, and yet, fall victim to the same kinds of partisan biases that drive those who we consider corrupt and condemnable.

Many CTists believes that Israel is the holy land and that if America turns its back on them, God will abandon the nation, with this being the goal of the NWO or TPTB. Many other CTists believe that Israel controls everything and that Zionism is the backbone of the NWO or TPTB. Between those two extremes, there is generally very little allowable room for a more middle of the road statement like, "Israel, as a state, exerts undue influence upon the politics and defense posture of the United States." One group will see that as an anti-ZIonist/anti-TPTB position, and thus a positive. The other will view it as an anti-Israeli, and therefore anti-God position.

I sometimes wonder if this is by design. (And by whose design.) In any case, I foresee contentious debate on his nomination in mainstream politics, and for that to be mirrored by CTists on ATS and elsewhere, despite our continuing disdain for said mainstream politics.

Just my two cents. Peace.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join