It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The only reason the media reports on mass murders is for money.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmiec
reply to post by LarryLove

The title grabbed attention. That was it's intent. The media is to blame for taking advantage of mans base instincts for violence so that they can profit by it. It is a problem that needs to be addressed. They will not address it.

No. Read back through your posts and then be honest with yourself. You blamed the media and others corrected you on what the real issue is: us.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
The road to enlightenment is through suppressing the base instinct for violence. We needed it for hunting/survival since the dawn of man. We no longer need it to the extent we once did. Bombarding ourselves with personalized violence feeds that base instinct instead of suppressing it.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmiec
The road to enlightenment is through suppressing the base instinct for violence. We needed it for hunting/survival since the dawn of man. We no longer need it to the extent we once did. Bombarding ourselves with personalized violence feeds that base instinct instead of suppressing it.

I would argue that we need to return to our base instincts more than ever; if only to re-learn the concept of community and family again.
edit on 23-12-2012 by LarryLove because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by LarryLove

I agree to the return to a community based environment would be great for society , but that is another discussion. Society is plagued with many problems. I am attempting to address one at a time so that the discussion of said problem does not get lost in the crowd so to speak. I do very much appreciate your input and the time you took out of your life to post it.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join