It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The New World Order babysitters of the Future involving the implementation of Augmented Reality

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Do to the recent outbreak of young gunmen involved in great public tragedies involving certain weapons ( ie: automatic assault rifles) i felt compelled to share somewhat of a different view on the whole topic and share some interesting facts and hopefully help some people open there eyes to whats really going on around us.

This videos example looks harmless enough in how it shows some very nice social networking and real world tech that might go a long way in developing a graphic user interface to streamline the evolution of human social interaction.

In this day and age of fast paced living and critical time management combined with the cost of living it has become a part of life for the average parents to allow technology to raise our children through the implementation of video games and the ever evolving social networking to keep our children occupied while we are at the grind at work or trying to relax and recover from a day on the job, it has slowly become the norm to allow our children to become engrossed in activities that just might not be exactly healthy.

Now this next video shows an example of just how real the gamer experience can become with this demonstration of Augmented Reality gaming experience can get.For those with small easily influenced children that might be looking over your back now is the time to ask them to get you a glass of water or other wise find them some distraction,and for those that are sensitive to violence this is a warning the content of this video contains extreme graphic violence and situations.

Research has been done with regards to the long term psychological effects from being exposed for an over extended time to games with none stop violent content.
Please read this documented study in its entirety it is in PDF format (sorry couldn't find any other form of it) it is very informative so please read it entirely before posting a rebuttal with information on the contrary to the information i have provided here.The end of this PDF contains over 76 references to the study on this subject.
www.psychology.iastate.edu...

In closing i would like to say that this situation did not happen over night which means it cant be solved over night.
I Had a resent experience concerning this very topic with one of my own children,i spent time with my kids showed them right from wrong and did not look for remote child rearing methods never the less about a year ago my son and 2 of his friends came over for a visit brought there game console with them and played Call Of Duty none stop for 3 days nothing i could do short of pulling the plug which i did could break them away from that game.All 3 of them then asked me what did i do when i was a kid what toys did i have and i simply responded OUTSIDE,they were dumbfounded and could not understand what i was trying to get across to them.
My kids turned out pretty good over all, there are some things in there character makeup like and unhealthy fascination with death and violence that i did my best in there lives not to over expose them to,no i did not shelter them completely from tease things that wold just create a rebellious nature in them, i did allow some exposure from time to time because its an unavoidable consequence of life that we all are exposed to undesirable things at times.So instead of paying $60.00 for a new game they wanted i took them to a golf course instead and guess what they did enjoy it not to say they didn't complain at first,they did ask if we could go again and now it has become a regular activity, but i had to as a parent get off my ass and nurture them not just hope it will all work it self out in the end and hope for the best ,hope is good but hope is inaction, inaction will not get results only action will get results and that requires active participation in our children s lives!!!

Do not let the controlled media and the powers that be babysit our children while exposing them to who knows what because really we have allowed ourselves into believing that we just don't have to time to raise our children properly, then act like we wish we knew what went wrong when really we know deep down inside its all do to an overabundance of complacency,procrastination and passing responsibility on to someone else,they have trained us very well,time to reboot and start to retrain ourselves to take responsibility for our own!!!

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Ghostcooler

Just thought this warranted a bump.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 04:44 AM
link   
I dont see any difference between this or playing paintball or airsoft, just much cheaper in the long run LOL

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

I dont see any difference between this or playing paintball or airsoft, just much cheaper in the long run LOL

The difference is the glasses are augmenting the reality of the users experience almost like a holo deck on Star trek and since the glasses are like having a static IP address someone could hack them and manipulate what the veiwer sees and experiences,Air soft and paintball protective goggles don't do this(yet)but could have the Google tech incorporated into them!
You do make a valid point of them being somewhat the same in that the second vid that i posted is a shooter example of the tech,but the Google glasses do so much more then that they can litterly augment the users reality to the point were could become unhealthy or even dangerous to the user!

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Interesting OP. Good work. Will be following this for a while.

top topics

join