It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Edward's Wife: "No riots if we win" (Will there be riots?)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Only one week until the election, and I can see that this is going to get quite ugly. Now John Edward's wife has jumped into the foray, with the implication that there will be riots if Bush is reelected. The scary thing is that she might be right.

I'm starting to get an interesting picture of how this could play out. If Bush is reelected, and riots break out, will troops be deployed to suppress the riots. I can see it now. Curfews will be started, and the government will lock down the entire country to suppress the riots. Of course this is simply speculation, but possibly another excuse to take away more of your freedom. What if this whole "close election" is simply a farce, or an excuse to tighten the vise on the American people. I know it sounds far-fetched, but this is a conspiracy forum...right? And it is a possibility.

EDIT: I believe that the Drudge has an audio clip of the statement.

[edit on 25-10-2004 by dbates]

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I think this is an admission that the Democrats know they are extremely poor losers and can't maintain civility in the face of failure.

She's just letting all us Republicans know that she knows we are much better behaved...

also, she's trying to scare the old people by letting them know that the crazy democrats will probably burn their houses down if they lose.

No big deal. I think it's pretty decent of her to give us a heads up.

[edit on 10-25-2004 by Valhall]

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I suppose I better go vote this week to avoid the angry mobs of Democrats with torches. I'm voting Republican.
I wonder if any of the European countries will start riots, or if this is simply restricted to inside of the United States. Also noted that Kerry is going to claim victory no matter what the vote count is. I suppose this will really stir up the Democratic mobs when Bush is declared the winner.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 11:16 AM
link   

I think this is an admission that the Democrats know they are extremely poor losers and can't maintain civility in the face of failure.

Exactly! And it is so funny is that she indirectly exposed and INSULTED the type of people that are following Kerry/Edwards. I wonder if she really thought about what she was saying or if she has any idea how people may be interpreting that.

I just cannot help but laugh over this. I hope that you Kerry/Edwards fans really think about what Mrs. Edwards said about you.

Jemison

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 11:21 AM
link   
The Democrat leaders seem to have little faith in the type of people that they are getting their votes from. "All right you bunch of angry violent voters" Have you seen Gore's campaign to calm the "Angry Black Voters"? What exactly are Edward's wife and Gore trying to say. "Democrats are violent people?" Good point Jemison.

Gore Urges Angry Black Floridians to Vote
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP) - Former Vice President Al Gore on Sunday told blacks embittered by his narrow loss in the 2000 presidential election that "it doesn't have to be this way" and urged them to turn anger into energy at the polls.

"Don't turn it into angry acts or angry words," Gore said at one stop during a tour of mostly black churches. He also urged worshippers to take advantage of a state law that permits voting before Election Day, Nov. 2.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 11:21 AM
link   
She says that she goes to democraticunderground.com

Over there the wingnuts keep talking about a civil war and
riots if G.W. is elected back in office.

I thought Terry Kerry was the strange one. Looks like
the Second Lady wanna' be is just as nutty! YIKES!

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Look at who they are married to. You whould have to be over the edge to live with those guys.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 11:29 AM
link   
No riots, or a nuclear weapon going off in a major city? Between Edward's wife, Elizabeth, and Bush's husband, Cheney, I don't know who to vote for! Oh noes1111

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Yep, the Kerry/Edwards camp is so crazy they just might go off starting wars on trumped up charges, or bankrupt the budget or some other foolishness.....wait....that's the current administration....my bad...

So you prefer a smooth transfer from a republic to a dictatorship? I suppose that would be better logically, but personally I'd rather vote against it. If Bush is re-elected, it just may be the last election we ever have... I hope it's really as far-fetched as it sounds, but the signs don't look too good....

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by dbates
I wonder if any of the European countries will start riots, or if this is simply restricted to inside of the United States.

I doubt you will see riots in European countries but I can imagine there maybe a world wide cooling in relationships with America.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 11:35 AM
link   
There will be no riots because Bush will not be re-elected.

Thats what was meant.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 11:39 AM
link   
That could be the meaning, but what do you think about the possibility of riots if Bush does win? I guess that's really the question here. No one can say what the outcome of this election will be yet. I suppose it could go either way. If Kerry wins we might have some "gun-toting, war-loving" conservatives who get ticked off about it. Both sides have crazies ya know.

EDIT: I suppose conservatives might just label Kerry as "the Anti-Christ". It's a nail biter for sure. (Election results)

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by dbates
I suppose conservatives might just label Kerry as "the Anti-Christ".

Naaaaaaaaah, Hillary is the Anti-Christ.
Everyone knows that!

Like I said - www.democraticunderground.com...
The radical lefties are all talking civil war/riots. They are nutz.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 11:59 AM
link   

I'm starting to get an interesting picture of how this could play out. If Bush is reelected, and riots break out, will troops be deployed to suppress the riots. I can see it now. Curfews will be started, and the government will lock down the entire country to suppress the riots. *snip* I know it sounds far-fetched, but this is a conspiracy forum...right? And it is a possibility.

That's definitely an interesting perspective. Since you point out that this is a conspiracy forum, I'll continue such speculation. I'm prefacing this by stating that it consists of theory and speculation.

Such an event has already started happening if you remember all of the new mass-control procedures that were put in place in NYC during the Republican National Convention. It seems that "Protest" is becoming synonymous with "riot".

There was at least 1 "sonic cannon", I'm sure this thing will help to shout orders and instructions:

There were also mass arrests & detainments and a multi-hour group incarceration in an industrial warehouse operated by the New York Port Authority. Lately I've seen reports of anti-Bush "rioters" being fired upon by Police using "pepperballs". A week or so ago a female Bush protester was hit in the eye and killed by a "less than lethal" beanbag. Is there a pattern forming?

MK

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by MKULTRA
Is there a pattern forming?

Yep ... the radical lefties don't know how to control
themselves and protest in a proper and legal manner.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I hate to say this, but I've read some things that makes me wonder just what will happen if Bush is elected also....

There is very strong feelings on both sides that will make it difficult to accept defeat. And, well......Bush kind of gives me the impression that he just might not acknowledge defeat....

so, well, I don't think it matters who gets elected in this respect....the outcome will be an outcry on the oposing side.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFanOver there the wingnuts keep talking about a civil war and riots if G.W. is elected back in office.

right wing nazi republicans have more black powder, firearms, bombs, grenades and such. a civil war would be no contest. the lefty liberals would be marching back and forth with posters and signs, complaining about the unfairness of it all, holding demonstrations and sit'ins, protecting snail darters and such from certain annhilation, while the right wingers would be feverishly planting IED's about, all the while raining volley after volley upon the huddled protesting masses of whiners.

it would surely be ugly.

here's a question....tell me the name of your favorite liberal firearms dealer?

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 12:21 PM
link   
This is interesting. I had heard a week or so ago that Kerry was going to announce victory no matter what the outcome of the election. I didn't realize until reading through this thread what his real purpose was - to incite riots by implying that the election was stolen.

This is the mark and work of a subversive. And people want to vote this person into office so that he can govern you? This is how liitle he respects you - that he wants you to riot, to get injured or possibly killed, and to divide this country of ours.

Al Gore's remarks to the black community only reinforce the notion that the Democrats want to destroy our country.

Truly pathetic.

:shk:

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by smokenmirrors
the lefty liberals would be marching back and forth with posters and signs, complaining about the unfairness of it all, holding demonstrations and sit'ins, protecting snail darters and such from certain annhilation, while the right wingers would be feverishly planting IED's about, all the while raining volley after volley upon the huddled protesting masses of whiners.

I see the point that you are making, but i believe that both sides could be equally armed if necessary. The "Cotton Farmers" didn't have a problem arming them self in the 1800s. I'm not suspecting a civil war as much as an effort by the winning side to squash protesters. Once you get the title of Commander in Chief, you'll have the military, and complete control. Even machine guns are toys compared to what the U.S. military has, so your local gun dealer won't be able to help you out as much as you think.

Think big government squashing people's rights instead of civil war.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 12:29 PM
link   

There will be no riots because Bush will not be re-elected.

Thats what was meant.

If you look at what was said there is no way that you can say that she meant that Bush would not be re-elected. She used the 'if' word.

Supporter: I'm just worried there's going to be riots afterwards.

Liz Edwards: Uh.....well...not if we win.

She made an idiotic statement and if I was a Kerry/Edwards supporter I would think very strongly about how Kerry/Edwards and their wives were viewing me.

Jemison

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join