It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's put This To Bed. The Five Worst Shootings Ever Were Not Done By Americans

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

Your point made no sense in context to this thread mate.

And quite frankly, if you are going to finish a post with a sentence that is so ignorant and ridiculous that it is actually insulting then as far as I am concerned your opinion is something I wish to have nothing to do with.
edit on 22/12/2012 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedigirati
reply to post by Kryties

That is the whole point, you could not stop the bombs, why not? aren't there laws against this sort of thing?

if as you say, you couldn't stop the bombs well then you need more bomb control laws? (see how silly this logic sounds?) wow your arrogance is amazing.

What?

I don't see everyone in America calling for the right to bear bombs.

How come in America we don't have bombing like in London, are the US of A's laws against bombing stronger or something??
see how silly and arrogant this sounds? amazing!!

Again, what? I think you've completely missed my points mate because that makes little to no sense to me in relation to what I've been saying.

EDIT: OK, maybe you are trying to say that guns are somehow preventing bombs going off in America - although you must have been asleep for the Oklahoma City Bombing.......and the World Trade Centre Bombing.......shall I go on?

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Of course it doesn't cause it is beyond your ability to see because of your personal hubris.

did any laws prevent the bombing of London?? yes or no?

if no then what makes you think laws against guns will be any different???

Your personal arrogance is making you blind to the point I'm making..

No law in the world will stop crazy things happening with crazy people..

if you want to be perfectly safe in your life, stay home, bar the doors and windows, and let the rest of the world pass you by.

However, if you feel that your safety trumps MY personal freedoms, I have a serious problem with that..

this is like banning tobacco products, yet we still drive combustion vehicles, which is safer. Standing in a closed garage with a smoker for an hour or standing in the same garage with a car running.

It "feels" good to say "Ban guns, they are bad" but doesn't change aberrant behavior.

I do NOT own any guns, rifles or anything else, but I will fight with every bit of strength I have (up to and including my life) to have the RIGHT to own weapons if I so choose.

I was a member of the armed services of the United States of America and I swore an oath, I never heard any time limit on the oath I took..

and yes My OWN government considers me an enemy of the Fedral Government, and that is as it should be

Edit to add: I don't even own a car, I ride a bike even in the winter.
edit on 22-12-2012 by thedigirati because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by thedigirati

I think you are making the mistake of confusing my wish for gun CONTROL in America with me wanting to have guns banned outright.

I really don't see what is so bloody wrong with taking a deeper look at the issue and whether or not it is a valid excuse for Americans to be able to buy machine guns in Walmart. I never said ANYTHING about banning guns outright, just using a little common bloody sense and controlling the issue so some nutjob doesn't grab a machine gun and blow away a cinema, or a classroom, or a lecture theatre........

Is it really that hard to look at the issue? Does it hurt that much?

FFS you people are completely delusional.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

Your point made no sense in context to this thread mate.

And quite frankly, if you are going to finish a post with a sentence that is so ignorant and ridiculous that it is actually insulting then as far as I am concerned your opinion is something I wish to have nothing to do with.

how could it have been out of context? you posted about U.S. citizens standing up to the government with "peashooters" . and the government having," bombs, missiles,tanks jets"
i responded by showing how people, did exactly that, and the country is as bad as when "a" or 'the" government
used them. if you recall the government that was in control at the time agreed for the U.S. to be there.

and far as insulting, you can go back and see several posts of yours, that do the same thing.
edit on 22-12-2012 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by exponent
'hehe'? Clearly you're not thinking about this as an adult, just a child imagining playing with toys. Do you imagine yourself on top of a jeep with a minigun or something? If I ever have to use a shotgun in self defence and three shots (the standard non-license holding amount) is insufficient then I don't think any weapon is going to save me.

It's all about maintaining leverage and your shotgun has limited leverage and distance.

Well I kind of understand firefights with my 28 years of military back ground and about 2 years of it in country of Iraq and Afghanistan. 500 meter shots are easy to do, so I'm not talking toe to toe shotgun fighting, in that case I agree with you.

A guy coming into your house to steal your TV is not a SHTF scenario BTW and a shotgun is most appropriate in that situation. I guess the main point here is really about what level of situation are either of us are preparing for.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by hounddoghowlie

and far as insulting, you can go back and see several posts of yours, that do the same thing.

Only in response to your blanket insult that the rest of us are somehow "jealous" of America.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Coming to think about it, perhaps it would be best to let every American own at least one machine gun! That way all it will take is one bullet and the whole country will blow each other away then finally let the rest of us fix the world they so artfully messed up.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   

EDIT: OK, maybe you are trying to say that guns are somehow preventing bombs going off in America - although you must have been asleep for the Oklahoma City Bombing.......and the World Trade Centre Bombing.......shall I go on?

The funny thing about the world trade center bombing the FBI let that happen, it Could have been prevented.

The Oklahoma City bombing, is another story altogether, I was in the Michigan Militia when this happened, I still think there was more folks involved than were prosecuted. I knew the "alleged" Bomber and we did not make bombs and test them as was stated. (I left them shortly after this happened, not because of the bombing but because they started getting wacko)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

So you admit that your statement regarding guns having prevented bombings in America is wrong?

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Cue the chest beating and "America is the Greatest" catchphrase.....

No it is more of a fact... Europe is not very well defended or could maintain a war anymore than they did in WWII against a much smaller country than China. 90% of the ISAF soldiers in Afghanistan might as well be clerks, so I really would not put my trust in their ability to hold back any kind of invasion. But that is Europe, you guys are kind of screwed either way if it does happen.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   

I really don't see what is so bloody wrong with taking a deeper look at the issue and whether or not it is a valid excuse for Americans to be able to buy machine guns in Walmart. I never said ANYTHING about banning guns outright, just using a little common bloody sense and controlling the issue so some nutjob doesn't grab a machine gun and blow away a cinema, or a classroom, or a lecture theatre........

Citation please, show me which walmart sells Machine guns? You are getting upset now because your are just making Crap up.

I'm loving this show let mw get my popcorn

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

I don't really care mate, all I can hear is chest beating and chants of "America is the Greatest".

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

again Citation please, show me where I said weapons prevented bombing in America, wow your Hubris knows no bounds does it??

and please do not try and put words in my mouth, I know what I said

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Citation please, show me which walmart sells Machine guns? You are getting upset now because your are just making Crap up.

I'm loving this show let mw get my popcorn

So out of my entire valid point you decided to pick on the fact that I chose the name of a shop poorly?

Seriously, is that your best effort? Fine.....change "Walmart" to "Gun Show". Checkmate.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

reply to post by Kryties

again Citation please, show me where I said weapons prevented bombing in America, wow your Hubris knows no bounds does it??

and please do not try and put words in my mouth, I know what I said

Precisely why did you mention bombs at all then if not in reference to guns preventing bombing? I even asked you that before and you never answered - leaving me to believe that is what you meant. Your fault, not mine.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

again, Citation please, which gun show sells "machine guns" do you know the nomenclature of which you even speak??

an automatic weapon is one that you pull the trigger once and it fires multiple rounds ( common name "machine gun")

a semi automatic weapon fires one round each time the trigger is fired..

do you even own a weapon, or have you ever handled a weapon??

if you can't even get what it is you want to ban correctly why would anyone pay any attention to your opinion in the first place?

not to insult you personally but your anger is making you sound ignorant on the subject you claim you support

read my signature

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero

Originally posted by exponent

Do you live in America? Then your safety is entirely dictated by your government. From their regulation of consumer goods to their regulation of air travel. They're what protects you from aggressive nations and corporations alike. Do you really think as civilians you'd be able to defeat even the UK for an example? We have warships and modern generation bombers, ICBMs and nuclear weapons. Without your army a civilian militia poses no significant threat.

I agree your ICBM against my rifle is a win for you....lol

You say these things as Governments continue to reduce their militaries. US military is the smallest it has been in 100 years and after Afghanistan is done it will get smaller while China maintains a 600 million strong call up army. Do you think Europe could handle a Chinese invasion, do you think the human race is past such events? What would happen in America if the Chinese invaded and not only faced our smaller army but a civilian population with a few 100 million guns. If the Chinese invaded Europe it would be a repeat of Germany's march from town to town with little or no resistance.

Internal and external wars are not over with and people can be sheep or wolves as it is their choice, and it is obvious the choice that England has made.

This is the point I tried to make to exponent in a much abbreviated way.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Precisely why did you mention bombs at all then if not in reference to guns preventing bombing? I even asked you that before and you never answered - leaving me to believe that is what you meant. Your fault, not mine.

The reason I brought up Bombs in the first place was because it was an aberration, (reading comprehension fail on your part due to hubris I guess)

It is not "normal" to have bombs going off on the Subway. and you said they were hidden and could not be prevented, yet you think the the school shooting is "normal" for America.. any by changing Laws it will be prevented in the future..

Logic fail

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

reply to post by Kryties

again, Citation please, which gun show sells "machine guns" do you know the nomenclature of which you even speak??

an automatic weapon is one that you pull the trigger once and it fires multiple rounds ( common name "machine gun")

a semi automatic weapon fires one round each time the trigger is fired..

OK, so that's the way it's going to be huh? Fine. Change MACHINE to ASSAULT. You know damn well what I meant mate, stop playing stupid.

do you even own a weapon, or have you ever handled a weapon??

I hunted regularly with my grandfather as a child. I do not currently have a good reason to own a gun as I live in the city.

if you can't even get what it is you want to ban correctly why would anyone pay any attention to your opinion in the first place?

Because it is you who are being ridiculous and twisting my words, not me. I see your little game and I am not going to play. Poor form

If that is how you are going to proceed with this argument then I have no desire to talk to you about this any more.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join