It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's put This To Bed. The Five Worst Shootings Ever Were Not Done By Americans

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by HandyDandy
That is something I was unaware of. Good to know.

While you're at it, check on the rest of the worlds gun laws. You'll find out just how wrong you are about the rest of the world with comments such as:

The European and Australian argument of "only our overloards have guns" is what is delusional IMO.

At least we have a chance with our peeshooters. Unlike some of the world.

The more you post the more you keep tripping over yourself mate.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte
Many of those arguments were made by men of renown like hitler, lenin, stalin, mao, pol pot and others. There is no argument you could make that would convince me to put my personal safety into the hands of the government.

Do you live in America? Then your safety is entirely dictated by your government. From their regulation of consumer goods to their regulation of air travel. They're what protects you from aggressive nations and corporations alike. Do you really think as civilians you'd be able to defeat even the UK for an example? We have warships and modern generation bombers, ICBMs and nuclear weapons. Without your army a civilian militia poses no significant threat.

Originally posted by exponent Do you agree with all laws that were in place at the time?
Some yes, some no. The Bill of Rights though, I agree with 100%.

The Bill of Rights in general does cover a lot of important aspects, but the second amendment is not beyond analysis. I see little evidence that an armed militia provides a better America. You lag the first world in education, healthcare, social inequality, crime etc.
edit on 22/12/12 by exponent because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties
While you're at it, check on the rest of the worlds gun laws. You'll find out just how wrong you are about the rest of the world with comments such as:

I'll do that as soon as you show us where I said the words you stated I said. Until then you are nothing but a trool.

And only a trool would continue to trool someone after they agreed with them.

edit on 22-12-2012 by HandyDandy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by HandyDandy

Really? So you are claiming you didn't try and insult other countries for having gun control laws? And by proxy therefore supporting the use of guns freely in America? Are you absolutely SURE you want to claim you never said these things?

Please, PLEASE say yes, this is fun.....

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Really? So you are claiming you didn't try and insult other countries for having gun control laws?

I didn't try to insult any country. I wasn't aware that you can actually own guns. According to some, you can't and I was unaware. You set me straight with your first response to me.

Then the subject got changed. And we got side tracked. And then I conceeded and said that I agree that some control is needed. Then you went all trool on me instead of being a good person and realizing they won the arguement. No, you had to gloat and be an ass. So an ass you are. Plain to see for everyone.

And by proxy therefore supporting the use of guns freely in America?

This is your problem. I stated that I want to be able to own a gun if I chose to protect myself and you took it as I want all nutcases with semi-automatic assault rifles running through our streets gunning people down. Again...stop with the hysterics.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Really? So you are claiming you didn't try and insult other countries for having gun control laws?

I didn't try to insult any country. I wasn't aware that you can actually own guns. According to some, you can't and I was unaware. You set me straight with your first response to me.

For some unknown reason many Americans seem to believe they are the last western country on Earth allowed to have guns and the rest of us live in some sort of Orwellian nightmare. That then translates into their arguments with the rest of the world and only serves to cement the majority opinion that many Americans are dangerously ignorant of the world around them.

It is frustrating beyond belief.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   

edit on 22-12-2012 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Weller, George Russell, 86 July 16 2003 Santa Monica, CA

killed 10 wounded 63 with his car.....

BAN CARS NOW!!!

So we get rid of guns and some crazy guy drives around looks for a opportunity and sees a common occurrence of 20 school children walking on the sidewalk holding hands with a teacher in front and one in the back all safe like....

Crazy people will kill no matter what....
edit on 22-12-2012 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

Yes because massacres involving cars driving into cinema's or classrooms happens all the time.

What a ridiculous argument.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
The argument of "How can we defend ourselves against such superior fire power that is possessed by the govt?"

Why not ask the Afgans how they have fared against the Brits, Soviets, and now the US.?

Who would want to face MILLIONS of guns right here in the US?

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero
Weller, George Russell, 86 July 16 2003 Santa Monica, CA

killed 10 wounded 63 with his car.....

BAN CARS NOW!!!

Cars are titled, registered, have identifiable numbers printed on them, often require medical checks. In the UK cars have to be inspected regularly, in some places you must periodically be assessed on skills. If you are found to be suffering from some types of mental illness your license can be revoked.

What's wrong with applying this logic to firearms? This is all people are saying. Would you permit a car on the road with really sharp bumpers that would injure anyone in even the lowest speed collision? If not, then why would you allow weapons that don't have any use for the owner?

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   

For some unknown reason many Americans seem to believe they are the last western country on Earth allowed to have guns and the rest of us live in some sort of Orwellian nightmare. That then translates into their arguments with the rest of the world and only serves to cement the majority opinion that many Americans are dangerously ignorant of the world around them.

It is frustrating beyond belief.

Do you really think the world has evolved beyond your country ever being invaded again? What is the saying? History repeats itself. There is a reason why China or Russia has not seen invasion as an option for America. There is a reason why Germany basically marched across Europe destroying everything in their path with little or no resistance. There is a reason China can push their army to 500 million strong very quickly...I'm sure Europe can handle that with their soldiers and cops...hehe

Since it seems we have been talking about England as some kind of counter point....what happens in London if the power grid goes out for a few weeks or longer? Do you guys feel any need to prepare for something along those lines or is everything all rosy?

edit on 22-12-2012 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by magilla
The argument of "How can we defend ourselves against such superior fire power that is possessed by the govt?"

Why not ask the Afgans how they have fared against the Brits, Soviets, and now the US.?

Do you really want to live like Afghanistan? Terrorising a civilian populace? Local warlords?

I don't think you've really thought through what you are saying. If the people of Afghanistan rose up against the US they would be slaughtered en-masse. I very much doubt you'd be willing to accept the conditions needed to fight back like that. Nor would you like the America it would create.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Since it seems we have been talking about England as some kind of counter point....what happens in London if the power grid goes out for a few weeks or longer? Do you guys feel any need to prepare for something along those lines or is everything all rosy?

Do you think London hasn't experienced this or something? When the power goes out we'll work together to try and help as many people as possible. Engineers will work on restoring the power. Security services will keep people safe.

This literally happened. I don't really understand your argument.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   

If the government enforces a new gun law. You Americans will be facing your own guns. There will be a civil war.
That is probably how they plan to get rid of your guns to.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by exponent

Think you missed the point I made entirely. Where did I say I want to live in a place like Afganistan. My point was that they have been warring for a long while. Taliban is still there. Warlords still there.

I know it is a bit like comparing apples to oranges, terrain, culture, warlords and all. Point is superior fire power has not defeated them.
edit on 22-12-2012 by magilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by exponent

Cars are titled, registered, have identifiable numbers printed on them, often require medical checks. In the UK cars have to be inspected regularly, in some places you must periodically be assessed on skills. If you are found to be suffering from some types of mental illness your license can be revoked.

What's wrong with applying this logic to firearms? This is all people are saying. Would you permit a car on the road with really sharp bumpers that would injure anyone in even the lowest speed collision? If not, then why would you allow weapons that don't have any use for the owner?

You need a background check in America to buy guns, you don't need one to get a car licence or buy a car.

Why have a car that can go over 25 miles per hour? Why have a car with an engine larger than 50 HP, you don't need sharp bumpers...and anyone in London could steal a large truck if they wanted to in the event of a mass killing, just like that guy who stole guns....

You also suggest there is no use for these weapons.... hunting, sports, defense (America is not as tame as lovely little England)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

reply to post by exponent

Think you missed the point I made entirely. Where did I say I want to live in a place like Afganistan. My oint waws that they have been warring for a long while. Taliban is still there. Warlords still there.

I know it is a bit like comparing apples to oranges, terrain, culture, warlords and all. Point is superior fire power has not defeated them.

Superior firepower hasn't defeated them because the US isn't fighting Afghanistan. It's fighting a rogue element within Afghanistan.

Why not look at Iraq? How long did their army last? They were better equipped, funded and potentially motivated than a civilian militia would be, and they didn't manage a whole lot.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Do you really think the world has evolved beyond your country ever being invaded again? What is the saying? History repeats itself. There is a reason why China or Russia has not seen invasion as an option for America. There is a reason why Germany basically marched across Europe destroying everything in their path with little or no resistance. There is a reason China can push their army to 500 million strong very quickly...I'm sure Europe can handle that with their soldiers and cops...hehe

Most of the rest of us aren't brought up in a world of paranoia and lack of knowledge of the rest of the world.

Sure, wars happen. We'll let our Australian Armed Forces take care of that, being that they are some of the best armed and trained soliers in the world. No need to go arming the whole populace.

1. I'm Aussie.

2. What does a power outage have to do with gun control? Of course it is wise to prepare for such a scenario, lots of food and water and a warm place to sleep. How does that have anything to do with taking machine guns off nutjobs?

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   

You need a background check in America to buy guns, you don't need one to get a car licence or buy a car.

What about the second-hand market and private sales which make up almost 40% of total gun sales in America? Those people aren't subject to background checks.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join