It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's put This To Bed. The Five Worst Shootings Ever Were Not Done By Americans

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties
Just to clarify, gun control is not gun ban. This point seems to get lost with the gun advocates.

If it means comming into my home for inspections now and then forget about it. And by the way thats not constitutional here as well.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

I never said that, a good start however would be licensing and background checks for ALL purchases, not exempting gun shows and private sales.

Requirement of a gun safe at home to keep them locked in is also a must.
edit on 22/12/2012 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

You have helped to prove my point, by picking and choosing a fragment of my statement and not taking it as a whole. Real nice. Now back to your corner with your opinions.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   

I never said that, a good start however would be licensing and background checks for ALL purchases, not exempting gun shows and private sales.

Many buy their guns at places where they get checks. The guns shows are really a compromise with just as many who dont want to as an expression of their right.

Now the truth is that the government records all gun sales done with a check which amounts to a form of registration. Many hold that it is just unlawfull for the government to keep records of a gun sale. "the peoples right to keep" means in private. These issues here are all about the constitution.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   

More...."the right to keep" is something not at the fancy of the government. You cant have the right to "keep" and then attach a * on the d#m thing. Like I said its all about the constitution here. Our right to "keep" "cannot be infringed" .....its a lovely song.

There is also ZERO there that has to do with justification of need. To have and have not, to be or not to be is at the fancy of the people.
edit on 22-12-2012 by Logarock because: n

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   

I'm not sure the American founding fathers had assault rifles in mind when they wrote that, considering they hadn't been invented yet....

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   

edit on 22-12-2012 by madenusa because: sorry wrong

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

I will say you seem far more reasonable then most Aussies when talking to Americans....thank you. I'll try to act by your example.

I think that the 2nd Amendment needs updated for sure. I think extensive background checks need to occur with all gun purchases. Maybe even a police requires training session that you need to pass.

I also think that security in every school isn't that crazy of an idea. Could keep children and large groups of people calm and orderly. Also would have experience of the people and the building for other authorities.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

We have all heard this argument....which is no argument at all. They were most certainly talking about military grade weapons. Would it make you happy if we all posed as dumba$$es and went back to using muskets?

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

And yet, in Australia, we don't feel the need to carry guns for protection. Your statistics mean nothing to everyday people living their lives, we don't need guns for protection.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by JDmOKI
reply to post by Kryties

I will say you seem far more reasonable then most Aussies when talking to Americans....thank you. I'll try to act by your example.

Hes not reasonable at all. Hes like a tape recording of the same old lines. I dont think he is trying to be reasonable. Hes willingly or not...willing most like....an example of subverted thinking coming from a subverted and subjugated people that think they are 21stcentury better than their backword cousins.

They look to me on this issue to be like the king and his "new clothes".

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaesDaemar

And yet, in Australia, we don't feel the need to carry guns for protection. Your statistics mean nothing to everyday people living their lives, we don't need guns for protection.

Maybe that's what we non-Americans are having a tough time understanding ?

Maybe the crime rate and violence is so bad in the US that everybody has to walk around with a gun tied to their hip for fear of walking down their streets and having some nutcase criminal shoot at them or their children ?

If this is the case, then WOW... you Americans have my sympathies.
I had no idea it was that bad in your country.

It must be horrible living day to day under those circumstances !

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock

Hes not reasonable at all. Hes like a tape recording of the same old lines. I dont think he is trying to be reasonable. Hes willingly or not...willing most like....an example of subverted thinking coming from a subverted and subjugated people that think they are 21stcentury better than their backword cousins.

This is precisely the type of nonsense (ie crap) I was referring to

Subverted and subjugated people? Seriously? Have you ever travelled here? Obviously not.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Yea you dont need protection.....the cops do that for you whiel you play in la la land, blind and ignorant.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock

This is precisely the type of nonsense (ie crap) I was referring to

Subverted and subjugated people? Seriously? Have you ever travelled here? Obviously not.

You have no right to "keep and bear" you are subjugated.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by JDmOKI
reply to post by Kryties

I appreciate that

I think that the 2nd Amendment needs updated for sure. I think extensive background checks need to occur with all gun purchases. Maybe even a police requires training session that you need to pass.

I also think that security in every school isn't that crazy of an idea. Could keep children and large groups of people calm and orderly. Also would have experience of the people and the building for other authorities.

See now that's what I call constructive thinking! I'm glad to see someone in America seems to have a modicum of sense about them

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   

With every word you speak you make less and less sense.

Are you drinking or something?

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by CranialSponge

Maybe that's what we non-Americans are having a tough time understanding ?

Maybe the crime rate and violence is so bad in the US that everybody has to walk around with a gun tied to their hip for fear of walking down their streets and having some nutcase criminal shoot at them or their children ?

If this is the case, then WOW... you Americans have my sympathies.
I had no idea it was that bad in your country.

It must be horrible living day to day under those circumstances !

Well untill our great social engineers figure out a way to get our culture to a point of something or another we will walk around straped thank you very much. And even if u.s.america ever becomes la la land like Canada and down under.....we will still have the right to keep.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Double

edit on 22-12-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   

With every word you speak you make less and less sense.

Are you drinking or something?

Oh boy...same old line just another face.

No the problem is brother that you are talking to someone whos language you have no way of understanding.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join