It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am new here with important message!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   
I am new here, been a member for a short time. I have felt like i am too new to even introduce myself, But here i am. I have something i believe will shed some light on a recent topic. I have been diagnosed with bipolar sience i was 22 yrs old, i am now 40. I am not, nor have i ever been harmful to other people. I have on the other hand been harmful to myself. Do i believe i am healthy enough to carry a gun? NO!!! I am and have been level and a productive member of society with lots of friends and family that support me throught my life. But i have been diagnosed with a mental health problem!! I own guns, hand guns and shotguns but my father has them and that is the best place for them. I am a true river rat texan, but even i know that there some people that do not need access to guns all the time!!!

ps. just trying to be helpful with what really needs to be the subject on gun controll.
edit on 22-12-2012 by yeti72 because: Just trying to be helpful about what really needs to be addressed.

***MOD NOTE***

The Introduction Forum is for introductions To tell something about you; not to start a thread about a topic.“Intro threads” that are really “topic threads” or spam will be removed.
Welcome to ATS, it’s time to introduce yourself.

I'm sure you'll understand the necessity for us having rules like this. It helps keep all the great threads and topics in their perspective areas of interest and not all lumped together, making it difficult to find when wanting to make additional comments.

Please, after you have managed to get 20 posts under your belt, start your own thread in one of the appropriate areas.

Please refer to below post for more on this....

edit on 12/22/2012 by JohnnyAnonymous because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Ok........? :/ welcome to ATS

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Hi there welcome to ATS and thank you for being so candid.

As for guns,I'm from the UK and over here very few people NEED guns.Farmers,gamekeepers..,poachers too.lol.

Hope you enjoy your time her.

Bob.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Welcome To The Community

Here are some handy links to get you oriented into now becoming a valued member of ATS.

Reaffirming ATS Policies
Visit here next - ATS Freshmans Forum
Index of Important ATS Related Threads
Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First
Easy Way to Upload Your Pics & Avatar Graphics
Terms & Conditions Of Use
What are P F K W S

Try Ask ATS to find numerous threads to add your thoughts to now. Once a minimum of 20 posts are made, you'll be able to create your own threads & send out messages to fellow ATS members.

*** Keep your arms within the ride's comfort zone, have fun & help us "Deny Ignorance" ***

ATS is at times like a rollercoaster ride! As a new member be aware if one acts in an uncivil-like manner, discusses personal illicit drug usage, uses profanity, is a troll, intentionally spreads a hoax, spam's, advertises and/or get's verbally abusive, they will be warned or removed off the ride by a Moderator. If you see posted any of the above mentioned, please let staff know by using the "Alert" function. This will help keep the community, both young and old to further enjoy the ride with you.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Thank you for sharing a very intimate part of yourself. I appreciate your thoughts and actions to keep others and yourself safe and shedding light on a sensitive subject.

new topics

top topics

join