It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Marine Hostage in Mexico - Released!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   
I just heard about this. He was released after being held by quote' Bringing an antique weapon into Mexico"

I'm like WTF? That's Not why he was detained ! Couldn't have been.. would you as a Cartel be afraid of an antique weapon?

Jon Hammer ws his name, But I read about it here on ATS.. now he's released But I cannot imagine that he was detained in the first place because he had brought an antique weapon into Mexico"

Anyone have any more news on this.. did you hear the report I just heard? 2 am central time USA. Heard it while listening to Coast to Coast am.

This guy in in the US Military.. if he was there in an official position he would NOT have had an antique weapon. So The Mexican military is saying look.. we can have cartels with automatic weapons and they kill anyone they want even our own mayors, governors, and civilians ( and we just ignore it) etc yet if you come across with a musket you have to be jailed????

Anyone else think it's Way past time we Nuked The HELL out of Mexico?
edit on 22-12-2012 by JohnPhoenix because: because it was right

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   
All I heard was that he was in general population and being forced for extortion...then moved to PC and cuffed to bedside ...all for smuggling ancient weapons
..and he's a GI to boot while the other one was let go
..does it get any better
...CIA back in play

edit on 22-12-2012 by SarnholeOntarable because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by SarnholeOntarable

I edited the post for clarity.. and possibly for getting myself toad-ed from ATS.. I'm Mad aas Hell towards both regimes the US and Mexico. If ATS wants to toad me for not being P.C> then fine, but I have a valid point. No One is doing anything about these people. Not the US, Not the Mexican government and citizens on both sides are Suffering for it. Thats Criminal. Thats Tyrants. Thats why the US Constitution gives our citizens The Right to bear arms.

The report is that these jails are run by the Mexican Cartels and they are the ones who made the choice to jail this man. So he got lucky and under pressure got released - But it should have never gotten this far if the right people in a position of authority were in charge!

Mexico is the worst of the 3rd word countries. People are being killed by droves and no one is doing anything!
edit on 22-12-2012 by JohnPhoenix because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Let me put this another way.. If you were the U.S. President - How would YOU handle the Mexican cartels and the corruption and influence they have in the Mexican government?

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix

Mexico is the worst of the 3rd word countries. People are being killed by droves and no one is doing anything!

That is not true. The United States is paying Mexico a lot of money to continue their plan of destabilization. It's the Drug War, don't you know? Destabilize the local cartels then move in the CIA-trained Zetas so they can carry-out the illicit drug business as the globalists desire.

www.latimes.com...

Going after the cartel kingpins made the problem worse, say aides to Mexico's new president. But killing it would jeopardize significant U.S. funding.

You find the capos of the drug trade, and you arrest them or kill them.

That, in its simplest form, was the idea behind the so-called kingpin strategy that former Mexican President Felipe Calderon pursued with zeal for most of his six-year term. As his administration drew to an end this year, he would often mention, as a point of pride, that his government had taken out two-thirds of Mexico's 37 most wanted criminals.

Peña Nieto is also unlikely to jeopardize the generous security assistance provided by the United States, which helped design the kingpin strategy. The U.S. is intimately involved in carrying it out, providing intelligence on drug leaders' whereabouts and spending millions to strengthen the Mexican security forces who act on that intelligence.

All of which probably explains why, shortly after the ministers' criticism of kingpin, a top presidential advisor told The Times that the new government had no plans to abandon it.

"That will not stop at all," said the advisor, who declined to be identified because he was not authorized to speak on the record.

But there will be changes. The pursuit of capos, the Peña Nieto advisor said, will be a quieter affair than during the Calderon administration, their neutralization presented with less fanfare. Calderon's aggressive crackdown on cartels has been criticized as having done little to stop the flow of drugs while exacerbating violence, resulting in tens of thousands of deaths.

I don't like it either but the heads of the multi-zillion dollar global drug trade want to keep that little cash cow producing. Blood, sweat, and tears is what keeps the money rolling in and that requires arms, hate, and discontent. It matters nada to them who gets hurt by it as long as the money flows in this most lucrative unregulated and undocumented scam. And if it makes you all antsy to send in American troops to Mexico it is serving their other purpose as well.

Read carefully that LA Times quote. The media is finally getting closer to the truth of this matter. This illicit cash cow is not to be slaughtered but fed well and milked for all it's got. It is all about controlling the traffic, not stopping it. The US knows it needs our blood, your sweat and dollars, and everyone's tears to put its people in place. Mexico has little reason to trust US military personnel bringing arms into the country, for whatever reason.

What is your source for claiming he was smuggling in a musket?

edit on 22-12-2012 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Erongaricuaro

I can't believe you swallow that propaganda. This has been going on now for how many years.. over 30 that I know of and I'm only 45. If this worked we would see the situation get better by now, not worse. Why don't you ask the victims of the border states to see if they think it's working. Or heck even Arizona and New Mexico.

of course " a musket" was only an example of an antique gun. I don't know what gun he had but it matters not - these cartel freaks would not be threatened by ANY antique gun.. short of a gatlin gun.

Read your news clip with new eyes. They will accept U.S. Money willingly for this ongoing charade when there is no real teeth in it.. as sited by your own article. I believe you do understand because you say, " It matters nada to them who gets hurt by it as long as the money flows in this most lucrative unregulated and undocumented scam. " so.. how else do you propose to solve the problem? You seem to think controlling this crime is better than eliminating it? That's absurd. Crime is still crime. Even if done by the CIA or the Cartels. It has to stop for there to be any relief.
edit on 22-12-2012 by JohnPhoenix because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   

reply to post by Erongaricuaro

I can't believe you swallow that propaganda. This has been going on now for how many years.. over 30 that I know of and I'm only 45. If this worked we would see the situation get better by now, not worse. Why don't you ask the victims of the border states to see if they think it's working. Or heck even Arizona and New Mexico.

Not sure what you refer to, the Drug War, gun running, border conflicts with US and Mexico, or what? My belief is that the Drug War is behind most of the problems today. And no, it is not working, at least not for the average citizen. But the business is booming and the Drug War is creating the instability desired by the people promoting it. The peak of the violence has been felt over the past six years, mostly here but on both sides of the border and your tax dollars fund it, and quite generously it would appear - our new president apparently doesn't want to lose that little gift your country provides, so we do it your way. Is it not money well spent? I believe there is a larger agenda going on that most of us are not privvy to.

of course " a musket" was only an example of an antique gun. I don't know what gun he had but it matters not - these cartel freaks would not be threatened by ANY antique gun.. short of a gatlin gun.

Musket or gatling gun, you are not sure. A Thompson sub-machine gun perhaps? What qualifies a gun as an "antique"? Did he smuggle the gun into Mexico to sell to a collector here, or what? Maybe Mexico should suspend their arms ban because he had noble intentions?? Or perhaps he should have cleared it with the ATF in hopes it could turn up at a crime scene and can be traced? Or maybe we should overlook Mexico's arms ban if the guns are not threatening anyone. Shame on Mexico for picking on that poor, innocent Marine. He was a hostage here, not a criminal. Is that it?

Read your news clip with new eyes. They will accept U.S. Money willingly for this ongoing charade when there is no real teeth in it.. as sited by your own article. I believe you do understand because you say, " It matters nada to them who gets hurt by it as long as the money flows in this most lucrative unregulated and undocumented scam. " so.. how else do you propose to solve the problem? You seem to think controlling this crime is better than eliminating it? That's absurd. Crime is still crime. Even if done by the CIA or the Cartels. It has to stop for there to be any relief.

There are teeth in it, they are just not biting the right people. There must be drug prohibition for it to be profitable, otherwise how much money would a poppy field make? How much money, or crime, would be involved if cannabis were grown in someone's garden without a prohibition? The people making the profits have every reason to promote the Drug War, the rest just buy into it for the altruistic gobbledy-goop that "drugs are bad" so therefore the war is good. I would rather do away with the crime and let the chips fall as they may but I have no stake in the struggle except having to live in a society compromised by it.

I have some hope after seeing the media pick up on what President Peña Nieto's advisors are tellng them, and that Enrique sees the bigger picture along with the damage all this is doing. While he seems willing to take the money you offer to continue this charade I expect he is not going to tolerate the kind of Fast and Furious gun-running and other Keystone antics that have plagued this past half-decade or more. We may even see a shift of priorities toward stomping down the truly dangerous substances and going along with what the people and some of the states have now determined is acceptable. Three weeks in office now and things look brighter. Your Marine has been released now and justice may take place. Do me a favor and hold your nukes a few more months and see if cooler heads don't prevail, OK?

Let me put this another way.. If you were the U.S. President - How would YOU handle the Mexican cartels and the corruption and influence they have in the Mexican government?

Like the US has any power over its own drug-running cartel. Kennedy already tried that.

It might do well to stop supporting their operations. Quit feeding the monster.

edit on 22-12-2012 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   

I just heard about this. He was released after being held by quote' Bringing an antique weapon into Mexico"

I'm like WTF? That's Not why he was detained ! Couldn't have been.. would you as a Cartel be afraid of an antique weapon?

Jon Hammer ws his name, But I read about it here on ATS.. now he's released But I cannot imagine that he was detained in the first place because he had brought an antique weapon into Mexico"

Anyone have any more news on this.. did you hear the report I just heard? 2 am central time USA. Heard it while listening to Coast to Coast am.

This guy in in the US Military.. if he was there in an official position he would NOT have had an antique weapon. So The Mexican military is saying look.. we can have cartels with automatic weapons and they kill anyone they want even our own mayors, governors, and civilians ( and we just ignore it) etc yet if you come across with a musket you have to be jailed????

Anyone else think it's Way past time we Nuked The HELL out of Mexico?
edit on 22-12-2012 by JohnPhoenix because: because it was right

He's a former Marine. He and a buddy were driving to Costa Rica to go surfing. He had an old shot gun that his dad gave him.

When you take a gun across the border to another country then you deal with the consequences of their gun laws, especially when you're a foreigner.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
He wasn't "held hostage" he was arrested by the Mexican government for bringing an antique shotgun into the country without a permit. Any shotgun having a 24 inch barrel is illegal, as it's considered military grade. If it's 25 inches, it's legal and non-military.

Granted, the Mexican reaction was overboard, as it usually is a fine and probable confiscation of the weapon, but he did break Mexican law by carrying the gun into the country without a permit, and not registering it.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Now if this was an ex Mexican Marine who had brought and old gun over the US border and then let go people would be screaming the the US had givens up is rule of law to Mexico. Also yet again another title that is wrong. Ex Marine arrested for taking gun over border is not US Marine Hostage. And people wonder why nothing here is taken seriously.

new topics

top topics

join