It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A company of actors specifically for active shooter drills

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Well, this is just...creepy!

CrisisActors.org: "Trained Players and Actors Making It Real"

Here is the link to the site:

crisisactors.org...

DENVER, CO, October 31, 2012 -- A new group of actors is now available nationwide for active shooter drills and mall shooting full-scale exercises, announced Visionbox, Denver's leading professional actors studio.

Visionbox Crisis Actors are trained in criminal and victim behavior, and bring intense realism to simulated mass casualty incidents in public places.

The actors’ stage acting experience, ranging from Shakespeare to contemporary American theater, enables them to "stay in character" throughout an exercise, and improvise scenes of extreme stress while strictly following official exercise scenarios.

Not sure if this is where it belongs, but I wanted to post it, and see if y'all think it's as creepy and disturbing as I do...Especially in light of how unbelievable some of these shootings and the details that don't add up, have been, y'know?!

Maybe they are necessary so schools etc can make sure they are/can react properly, but, it just seems really odd to me...And, the thing is, the people in the mall etc, and probably?!, the responders, do not realize it is not real.

What are your thoughts?

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I actually think that's a pretty cool idea.

And I would rather have first responders screw up on a scenario with actors than one in real life, that way they know what they have to work on if it ever were to come down to the real thing.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Its STILL CREEPY any way you cut it......................

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
I'm an actor hired by a Behavioral Forensic company and we train Cops, hospital personnel, Border patrol, military, etc. in crisis intervention. Great, well paying gig!!

I'm also a standardized Patient, pretending to be sick so that med students can get some experience dealing with people before they go into the field.

I also do essentially the same thing for the Psych dept., Law and nursing schools at the University.
edit on 22-12-2012 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by paradox

Yep, I can dig that.

I partly think that, I can see the sense of it; but, also...it makes me think that maybe the people saying some of these things are staged are not wrong after all...

One thing I am certain of, is that some of these shootings don't add up, as far as the lone-shooter goes; there just isn't the skill level required for the time it took place in, or the methodology shown, etc. And if they're lying about some things, it really does make one wonder about the rest of it.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
And what if you used these actors, paid them well to keep their mouths shut and disappear afterwards? Paid actors to be victims, shooters, police, and especially paramedics to cart the "dead" off, afterwards?
Paid the actor playing the shooter to be whatever idealogy, nationality, and race you wanted them to be, and set it up to play the media to whatever agenda you wanted?

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   
What happens when one of the unaware citizens pulls out there gun to save the day.
Stupid idea also extremely Suss.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by JarredAus

Wow, that is a really good point I hadn't thought of.

You'd have to worry about that from the first responders as well, if they weren't aware it was a drill.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Anyone remember that story about the boy who cried wolf? I forget, was the moral of that story to cry wolf as often as possible to make people prepared for wolves? Nah... can't be.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Got to agree.
That's pretty weird......curiouser and curiouser !

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I can't believe I missed this part in the OP, it is the creepiest part (someone on another thread pointed it out):

Visionbox Crisis Actors can also play the role of citizens calling 911 or mall management, or posting comments on social media websites.

Now, why would they do that??? Post a fake event to social media sites?! How does that help train the responders in any way, the supposed purpose of the whole thing?

edit on 22-12-2012 by curiouscanadian777 because: correction

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
What if they staged a whole event for the media, and didn't ever reveal it was fake? Pretty creepy implications...

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Ugh. Another thread about this. So the suggestion is that actors are used, and people didnt really die? Nevermind that there are bodies, and families missing their loved ones.

Come on people. Ats is better than this. these actors are uses in training. Can anyone prove any more than that? Any evidence that even suggests it?

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
It's not so much creepy for this one, but for the future. It's the next one, or the one after it, or the one a dozen times after this one. The one that could be fake. Spooky bunch of actors. Gives off weird vibes.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by JarredAus

Yeah, so the drills would be conducted in a controlled environment, where someone who isn't involved couldn't get in.

It isn't meant for Joe public, it's for staff and responders and the like.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by curiouscanadian777
I can't believe I missed this part in the OP, it is the creepiest part (someone on another thread pointed it out):

Visionbox Crisis Actors can also play the role of citizens calling 911 or mall management, or posting comments on social media websites.

Now, why would they do that??? Post a fake event to social media sites?! How does that help train the responders in any way, the supposed purpose of the whole thing?

edit on 22-12-2012 by curiouscanadian777 because: correction

This whole deal is off, but that part is very disturbing. Again, it seems like forwarning and putting it out there in plain sight, or hiding it in plain sight

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Speaking of actors. From the Aurora 'event'. Looks like we're starting to see some of the actors come out of the woodwork

No need for alarm, it's just another coincidence
www.youtube.com...

top topics

join