It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

High Winds Around the World?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I have just done a cursory check and it seems there are high winds around most of the world. At least across the United states and the UK. Maybe this is not to out of the ordinary and I am just not up to speed for this time of year but it sure seems abnormal for it to be all over the country much less around the world at the same time.

How about your areas are you experiencing high winds and cold etc?

news.search.yahoo.com...

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

So High Winds, Whats the indicate other then the planet has weather patterns and wind is part of those patterns.
edit on 21-12-2012 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

We are about to head into cyclone season here in Australia.

Northern half of the country cops the brunt.

I'm in Dampier, W.A at present monitoring a Tropical Low possibly developing next week.

The typical Australian tropical cyclone season:
Runs between 1 November and 30 April;
Averages around 11 tropical cyclones;
Will have some tropical cyclones that cross the coast.

www.bom.gov.au...
edit on 21-12-2012 by Sublimecraft because: added map

link   
Where i am i'm experiencing no winds, but more so humid heat, i feel so hot i am wearing nothing but my undies.

link   
Ignore this post some how my post was duplicated.
edit on 21-12-2012 by FeelingPure because: ignore

link   

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Well, we've got some pretty nasty winds blowing off roof tiles here in Spain at the mo, but it's fairly standard for this time of year.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by opethPA
reply to post by hawkiye

So High Winds, Whats the indicate other then the planet has weather patterns and wind is part of those patterns.
edit on 21-12-2012 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

Gee thanks captain obvious... I am looking for abnormal wind patterns. As I said it seems abnormal for most of the world to be experiencing high winds at the same time but maybe I am just not up to speed and it is normal? I was hoping some folks who keeps track of this sort of thing might chime in...

edit on 22-12-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

NO just raining not very windy here in the northwest uk

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I was curious about the strong winds here in Austin, Texas. But if I I try to remember past years, December always has a few strong cold winds.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

reply to post by hawkiye

No high winds here in Portugal, at the moment there's almost no wind.

Also, the US and the UK are not enough for it to be considered "around the world", and, as far as I could see, not even in the US or the UK the winds were all over the country.

As wind is caused by difference in atmospheric pressure, having strong winds when some people are talking about the weather being too cold or too hot for the season is something that we should expect, what would be strange would be strong winds if everything was at the same temperature.

PS: sometimes strong winds are localized, cumulonimbus clouds are known to have strong winds around and under them.
edit on 22/12/2012 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

reply to post by hawkiye

No high winds here in Portugal, at the moment there's almost no wind.

Also, the US and the UK are not enough for it to be considered "around the world", and, as far as I could see, not even in the US or the UK the winds were all over the country.

As wind is caused by difference in atmospheric pressure, having strong winds when some people are talking about the weather being too cold or too hot for the season is something that we should expect, what would be strange would be strong winds if everything was at the same temperature.

PS: sometimes strong winds are localized, cumulonimbus clouds are known to have strong winds around and under them.
edit on 22/12/2012 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

Thanks. Did you look at the search link I posted? Almost every state in the US is having high winds. I even read in Jamaica there is high winds etc. But that is what I am trying to find out as it seems abnormal for so many places at once to be having them but as I said maybe it is normal and I am just not up to speed on it. I thought it is usually just regional and not so many places at the same time.

edit on 22-12-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
we got warnings here in ireland that it is to be very windy/ dtormy with gusts of up to 110 kph tonight. its not unusual to have that here but thought it would be worth mentioning on your thread...

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
my dog just woke everyone up after being disturbed in the middle of the night by strong wind and rain, after a day of non stop rain in SE England

new topics

top topics

active topics

join