It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Empty Holidays

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Earlier today I read a thread from one of our moderators, Hefficide, about how we sometimes become too engrossed with the political portion of ATS news and forget about the human side of things. His thread really hit home and made me feel remorse for my lack of sensitivity.

Since then, I have been sitting here contemplating the sheer pain and anguish these parents are feeling from losing their children, the most precious gift anyone could receive, and how it will affect their holidays now and forever. I thought of my children, and how I would feel if it were me. I openly admit that, my heart is heavy and my cheeks are wet from tears of empathy. I think all parents can empathize too with this, if they allowed themselves to simply be, as they consider the tragedy.

Although none of the families are on ATS reading this ...
To all those families who lost their children last Friday in Connecticut, I apologize for not taking this moment when I should have. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Darkened Season

A tree we set, by fireside
Trimmed joyfully, mid yuletide
Decorations hung, o’er here and there
Singing songs, we had no cares
Lights shine bright, past panes so clear
Expecting bliss, for Newer Years
An angel rests, atop that tree
She sheds tears, for you and me
Morrows come, but hold no joy
No gifts to wrap, no shiny toy
Fresh fallen snow, cold icy wind
Cold gray sky, stars shine dim
Cruelly persisting, beyond your breath
A parents torment, has nothing left
My babe so still, inside your grave
This life for yours, I would have gave

The poem itself isn’t very good as I haven’t written one since my mid-twenties and I was feeling too much emotion when writing it, but I posted it out of honor and respect for the children, and for those parents who will never again feel the joy of Christmas Day. How these parents won't ever again experience the pleasure of watching their children run to the tree in excitement and wonder to see what Santa brought them will make their holidays something unimaginable every year.

Outliving your child must truly be the most horrific thing to happen in life, for nothing is more important, or cherished than being able to love my children each and every day.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by prysmatyk

I think if you need a moral compass check you need to go else where.

Threads built to make one feel guilty?
Threads built to ask you to feel anything?
These avatars are just avatars posting crap when it comes down to it.

Seriously, true friends you see and talk to face to face, the people that touch your skin are the people you need to have the heart felt moments with.

ATS is avatars with stars, silver lining or gold lining or no lining at all.

I am not saying "Get a Life" I am saying why the hell am I taking time out of my already half lived life to converse with fictitious Avatars? There if it pleases you or anybody else I too take possession of my words.

subscribed SPIN For Free.........empty words on a monitor WITH ADVERTISING AT THE TOP OF THE PAGE
edit on 22-12-2012 by racer451 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by prysmatyk

Howwww rude!! Dee Leet

Nothing wrong with your post OP, glad you were able to get those emotions out. I, on the other hand, have been emotional since.

You're not just an avatar to me

Have a very Merry not a Christmas tree Hanukkah happy holiday Kwanzaa

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by racer451

No moral compass check needed, the post made me take the time to think about all the parents and what they would go through year after year because of what happened. Nothing more, nothing less. While I was thinking about it, I did empathize with them, because I too am a parent.

Guilt is a natural emotion, which those who have a moral compass which points in the northerly direction, feel when their prior actions have betrayed their beliefs and they are made to see it.

So the thread, which made me take time to think; about becoming involved with the masses on our 2A rights, without truly digesting the gravity of the incident, to you, may have been posted just to vent...but, I saw it and took the time to reflect on the words. Are you blaming me for that or telling me I should have taken it with less meaning?

Not attempting to start an argument, just curious about your direction.

I can count my 'true' friends without using all the fingers on one hand. If you considered I was appealing to other ATS members for their friendship from posting this empathic poem, I assure you I wasn't. I simply felt what I felt, expressed it and decided to share it out of camaraderie as a parent who would be devastated.

I am married with twin baby girls and have no other life than that. ATS for me, is a place to gather information and share it while having some fun doing it.

I am glad for your reply as it provided some insight into you and your reason for being on ATS.

Thanks and no offense, but Merry Christmas.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightSunshine

Thank you for your words. Sorry that you've been emotional since. A tragedy is awful for everyone, even those involved, but know things happen and we can't change them. They affect us all differently, but provide us with insight into ourselves, and strength if we do take the time to listen and learn from what that affect is.

Be well.

new topics

top topics

join