Sales of bulletproof backpacks for kids soar in America

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
They should make em with a hidden inner segment that can unzip and unfold to cover the head and back. Then during an emergency they can all unfold and put em on.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
How much do those things weigh?!

I think this is far over the top. We're collectively creating future mass murder situations by focusing so much attention and reacting foolishly towards them.

Citizens over 18 should be issued a rifle, handgun, and gunsafe by the government and instructed to attend a class on how to operate and safely store the damned thing. Problem solved.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by xEphon

On those points its completely worthless.

parents will look back at a moment when they could have done something..... even if its just buying a backpack.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

You know, if we had stab proof clothing when I was a lad of school age, I would have been able to concentrate much more on my school work. As it was I had to contend with crazy people all day instead. Saying that though, the option is very good to have, but I would personally have prefered that all the little wanna be thugs and gangsters at my school had merely been insitutionalised so that decent kids could have got the best out of the education system.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
This type of thing is to be expected...we are a "capitalist" nation. You can always count on someone profiting from fear and tragedy.

That being said, a certain part of me finds this predatory marketing to be despicable. It would be nice if some people exhibited the slightest bit of civility and tact instead of preying on others.

I do not see this type of blatant fear mongering to go away anytime soon. Wasn't it Rahm Emanuel who said "never let a disaster/tragedy go to waste"

BTW...considering it is a "backpack", it doesn't seem to be very effective in my minds eye...too many variables where this would afford zero protection. This is just someone playing on emotion and fear...sad but true...
edit on 12/22/2012 by Jeremiah65 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
If we want to get serious about protecting kids at schools, we need to redesign our schools. Ever hear of a panic room? Teachers need an emergency button that will drop the blast doors down in each classroom; no shooters getting in there. Kids aren't always sophisticated enough to protect themselves, we have to construct smarter environments to rear the children in.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join