It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Armed Cops In Schools???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Honestly, folks... What could go wrong???

Armed personnel watching schools is not the answer to the security of us (and our children's schools). We do not need OVER policing at every school around the country. Tragedy's happen everywhere today. Do we REALLY want to set the precedence of policing every area that suffers from an unfortunate situation? I understand that people are scared and upset, but the times to react and act on situations are not when WE ARE SCARED AND UPSET, we NEED to do it when were thinking level headed...

Anyways, i wanted to keep this thread short and sweet.....
edit on 21-12-2012 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Fear begets fear begets destruction.

Cops on edge, civilians on edge.

If nobody has read the story that, oddly, only existed on the front page of news outlets late last night and was gone today. Some Deputy ended up pepper spraying and beating w/ a night stick....a 21 year old, 4' 11" DOWN'S SYNDROME man with the heart of a child.

Incidents like this are when someone should have taken the beating for him, stepped in harms way for the safety of the lesser. Until we are all willing to take a bullet for each other, the cycle of fear will consume us.

I like my 2nd Amendment....but I would never use it in an Offensive manor. Overthrowing the king is just a continuation of the greed and fear. Accept the world as it is, and embrace it. And don't give away your rights.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
The high school attended(and many others in PA) have armed police walking the halls and there isnt much fuss about it. I guess people just need something to whine about.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by zonetripper2065
The high school attended(and many others in PA) have armed police walking the halls and there isnt much fuss about it. I guess people just need something to whine about.

My HS never had armed police patrolling... Occasionally, you would see a cop on campus, but it wasn't a big thing... I think people just need to step back and relax, because crazy tragedy's can happen anywhere at anytime..

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

Im partially responsible for the police presence, forming a gang, fighting and dealing drugs on school grounds is apparently a big no no.
man was I dumb kid

im good now though

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by zonetripper2065

Brother man, we WERE ALL DUMB at some point, at least you were smart enough to learn and grow from your past experiences

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

I dont even know where it came from, I was a good student, I was quiet, got descent grades then I changed it just popped in my head and spiraled out of control. Took me a few years to realize that wasn't the life I wanted.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
i graduated in 07...we did have 2 police officers at all times

new topics

top topics

join