It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For Those Who Don't Belive 2012 Happened

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Toadmund
Hey, I like McDonalds, I like Burger King, I like pizza, I like home cooked meals, I like water, I like beer.
You are hungry you eat, and I am not going to not go to the burger clowns just because I feel that if I did I am a commercial patsy.

Ronald McDonald doesn't wield a machine gun, or drop bombs on BK, or people cooking their own burgers on the BBQ.

Where we go and eat is the least of our worries. Heck, buy some burgers and send them to Africa, evidence suggests they will still be as fresh looking as the day you bought them.

I will not stop eating fast food.

articles.mercola.com... .aspx
The Meat You Should Never, Ever Eat...

articles.mercola.com...
Discover How Your Beef is Really Raised

If you were more fully aware of what you were eating and the impact on the animal's health and your own, as well as the environment, you might not think that same way.

articles.mercola.com...
The Health Hazards of GM Corn

Most fast food burgers are half GMO soy anyway, the rest is cow fed GMO corn. It literally tears their innards up, just like the corn syrup in almost every processed food you eat does to your own intestines. The intestines are the seat of the immune system and gut health is directly related to many *modern* degenerative diseases.

articles.mercola.com...
Doctors Warn: Avoid Genetically Modified Food

articles.mercola.com...
This Food Can Slow Your Brain - and it Lowered IQ 4 Points in Recent Study

Even today's wheat was modified a few decades ago so that it produces an opiate effect on the brain. People are getting "inner tubes around their bellies" they can't seem to shake off from too much of a grain-based diet (including the grain-fed animals they eat); diabetes and NAFLD (non-alcoholic fatty liver disease) from too much of the same (fructose the biggest culprit as it's metabolized nearly identically to ethanol); and it's proven such things even lower IQ.

In fact, farmers way back when tried to fatten their cattle at first with coconut but they got lean and muscular (as body builders take in MCTs derived from coconut, with its lovely medium chain triglycerides that maintain muscle and prevent fat buildup). So next they tried fattening the cattle with ... grain ... and that worked. For us and them.

articles.mercola.com...
Attacks Your Liver Like Alcohol - Is This What's Making You Flabby and Sick?

articles.mercola.com...
Why Half of America May Have Impaired Brain Function by 2030

The "hunger" you describe is not a natural one. It's a result of addiction to a substance. Most in America are actually overfed yet undernourished. The burger you describe as being "fresh" after being sent afar is not fresh but more like a "plastic" foodstuffs. It is not food.

articles.mercola.com...
Eating This Can "Tear Holes" in Your Gut

fitness.mercola.com...
Fat, Not Glucose, is the Preferred Fuel for Your Body

Oh crap, but I'm rambling now. Sorry, I definitely didn't mean to single your post out and I'm not attacking.

Just concerned for humanity...

articles.mercola.com...
Coconut Oil- You Want a Food Loaded with Real Health Benefits- You Want Coconut Oil

articles.mercola.com...
Coconut Oil--The Secret Ingredient That Helps You Lose Weight

edit on 23-12-2012 by anjuna because: broken URL

edit on 23-12-2012 by anjuna because: shout out for coconut!

edit on 23-12-2012 by anjuna because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-12-2012 by anjuna because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-12-2012 by anjuna because: spelling/typo

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by enament

I did, but I categorically reject the extremely negative view and perspective contained within it. If the fall of the Thirteenth Baktun signals anything, it's that we need to find a better way to sort and dispose of our own personal negative energy. Just an opinion, obviously.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0zzymand0s
reply to post by enament

I did, but I categorically reject the extremely negative view and perspective contained within it. If the fall of the Thirteenth Baktun signals anything, it's that we need to find a better way to sort and dispose of our own personal negative energy. Just an opinion, obviously.

What extremely negative view is it you speak of care to elaborate on that.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by enament

I've been reading through the various 2012 threads - but I haven't participated in any of them because - other than goofing on some of the comments - what would be the point?

:-)

Then I saw yours and I realized that you'd fulfilled a prophecy of mine - that this thing would get dragged out way past the best-by-date because it was just too easy to work it - down to the very last drop

I read your OP. You came out swinging, but I couldn't see the piñata. This isn't criticism - god knows I've been wringing my hands, gnashing my teeth and rending my garments over some of the shenanigans and ensuing hijinks of my fellow monkeys for quite some time now - things are a mess. We all see it - we all feel it

But, they've always been a mess - there has never been a time on this planet when we weren't struggling - weren't suffering - weren't facing something

Did you watch the video? Did you happen to notice that it is not corporate television (cable TV with corporate commercials).

No - I didn't - and no - it doesn't matter

Me and Mr. Carlin go way back - love him to death

How can you miss the irony in your own statements? You want to use entertainment to denounce entertainment? Media is bad - unless it says something you agree with? You were making a point about the evils of television - but there was no television when people owned slaves, sent children to the workhouses or infected Native Americans with diseased blankets. Etc., etc., etc...

So - I watched - just now. He's not entirely wrong - but he's not entirely right either. Things reman the same - pretty much. If you believe there is good in this world - and that there ever were good, strong, righteous individuals - you'd have to acknowledge they've always been - are still - and always will be here. Same as the bad guys - 2012 has nothing to do with any of it

Mr. Carlin begs us to use critical thinking... Well? :-)

Television, by the way, played a very large part in the civil rights movement, bringing science (and reason) into our living rooms - and there are people who will explain to you just exactly how big a role Will and Grace played in changing some attitudes about certain things in this country. So, TV bad - or TV good?

My general point is that most people were expecting a great change of some kind on the 21st of Dec,waiting for a superman if you will.When instead of waiting for someone else to change things the change starts at home.

I couldn't agree more. Which brings us back to this:

What ever happened to the hippies and the free thinkers of the world, the people who fight for positive change in this world, where did they go,what happened to them???

There are no saviors. There never were - there never will be. It's just us - bickering amongst ourselves - one step forward, two steps back if need be.
There's no magical date where it all comes crashing down if we don't mind our Ps and Qs

You're not right, but you're also not wrong :-)

Let's let go of 2012

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Spiramirabilis

I think the date itself is a distraction for inaction. You see people wait for the date to change things.....1999,2000,2012. And not actually do anything to effect change in the mean time.
My suggestion is to live your life and change things in your life and deal with the external problems as best you can,without waiting for a date.(I speak of people in general and not you specifically)
Television does play a role in influencing our lives. Good or bad. What it is people see in there lives that they don't like needs changing now and not on some date.

I feel so taken out of context with some of the comments people have been making without actually reading anything.Or reading on, in the thread.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by enament

My suggestion is to live your life and change things in your life and deal with the external problems as best you can,without waiting for a date.

Can't argue with that

Television does play a role in influencing our lives.

It absolutely does - I just don't see it as brainwashing - never have

I feel so taken out of context with some of the comments people have been making without actually reading anything.Or reading on, in the thread.

Well - that's show biz. What would this place be without bigger than life, misleading thread titles and bold statements that beg us to differ?

All the fun is in the differing

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by anjuna

May as well just stop eating then.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Spiramirabilis

Television uses clever catch phrases such as War on Terror. to gain public support to fight a war which turns out to be a terror war.
This is brainwashing itself. Twisting the facts to get what you want out of people,I see this all the time on CNN.

Advertising works, if it didn't they wouldn't do it. They make you feel like you need it,or you cant live without it.etc,etc...They also use psychologist to do this more effectively. This is also brainwashing. Creating a desire that wasn't there before.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by enament

I know what brainwashing is - I also understand how you mean it

Media has been around for a very long time - and you won't get any arguments from me about the power of words - or art

I just don't agree that we are being brainwashed by our televisions - or our books - or our words

If we were - then what you would really be saying is that you're smarter than everyone else - and we both know you don't really mean that - right?

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
unbelievable, the believers are so annoyed that nothing happened, they are now all claiming its already happened! lol theres no winning is there, you guys should have stayed in your bunkers

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkuzzleButt
unbelievable, the believers are so annoyed that nothing happened, they are now all claiming its already happened! lol theres no winning is there, you guys should have stayed in your bunkers

Maybe you should read some of this before you comment.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by SkuzzleButt

Why, it's safe to come out now, why didn't anyone speak up?
Geez!
And some people are more susceptible than others when it comes to brainwashing.
Unless the right soap is used of course.
edit on 23-12-2012 by Toadmund because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by enament
reply to post by ErroneousDylan

If you are going to type here,stay on topic or take your trolling elsewhere. Thank you.

If you are going to misunderstand my message due to your denial and stubbornness, then please stay on topic and take your troll else where.

Also, realize that I was adding to the discussion by responding to user "Telos" inability to make logical assertions about Canadian and American society, but please cherry-pick some more.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by enament

What is predominantly discussed here is driven by hoaxers and crazy people. Every single prophecy and theory trumpeted by these believers turned out to be false. The fact that a lot of bad stuff happened this year doesn't lend any additional accuracy to any 2012 belief. Bad stuff happened last year, and bad stuff will happen next year.

How is someone going to stop an Oil spill if they are chasing the next fantasy that will help them ascend. And if you are a doomsayer you don't care about Oil spills anyway, in fact those people are hoping for the worst to happen.

The saddest part of the 2012 nonsense is that in the aftermath of the false prophecies some people still believe something of significance happened.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by centrifugal
reply to post by enament

What is predominantly discussed here is driven by hoaxers and crazy people. Every single prophecy and theory trumpeted by these believers turned out to be false. The fact that a lot of bad stuff happened this year doesn't lend any additional accuracy to any 2012 belief. Bad stuff happened last year, and bad stuff will happen next year.

How is someone going to stop an Oil spill if they are chasing the next fantasy that will help them ascend. And if you are a doomsayer you don't care about Oil spills anyway, in fact those people are hoping for the worst to happen.

The saddest part of the 2012 nonsense is that in the aftermath of the false prophecies some people still believe something of significance happened.

Give me an example of what we have discussed here. By you saying here do you mean ATS in general or my thread. If you mean my thread give an example.
By you meaning bad stuff do you mean:
1. Fukushima. The worst industrial disaster in world history. or
2. Gulf oil spill. The worst industrial oil disaster in world history.

How is someone going to stop an oil spill? Glad you asked, Stop buying oil from those responsible, buy an energy efficient car, make better choices at home.

I'm not a doomsdayer, I'm into reality I call it how I see it, Our planet is half polluted, we have done this in just over a hundred years. In two life times we now have more than double the population now, so therefore the rate is accelerating.
I don't want the worst to happen I just want to raise my son up in a sustainable peaceful world.

Did you know that the Russians about 60 years ago have dumped more that 65.000 barrels of nuclear waste in concrete containers designed to last 50 years. Those said containers have enough nuclear waste to pollute 1/3 of the worlds oceans. These are facts and not conspiracy.
edit on 24-12-2012 by enament because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-12-2012 by enament because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by jazzguy
reply to post by enament

well said, let me just say sorry to you from all the morons who didnt even read it

i agree with you, i live like this now.

changing the world with my own wallet, one product at a time

It is easy to do if you just make small steps change one of you habits at a time. Its overwhelming if you try to change your life all at once.

I'm 6 weeks away from being a lot more self sufficient than I had ever been before. I'm really looking forward to it. I have a lot more back breaking work ahead of me.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by anjuna

Just wanted to ask Is Corn syrup the same as High fructose Corn syrup?

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Toadmund
reply to post by anjuna

May as well just stop eating then.

I've also done that for a time. It's certainly an option for humanity. There's very little I can eat anymore as the food supply is so tainted and I'm a very "autistic" (picky) eater. I eat the same basic meal every day with little variation (and I *love* it!). It's taken me years to get to this point but I no longer walk down the chip/soda/juice isle, I no longer pause at the candy near the checkout (or elsewhere). I no longer need to eat anything in a box or can. It's very liberating. In fact, if I think about it too much I have a visceral reaction of disgust and natural aversion to the aforementioned items. These "designer" foods actually alter neuronal pathways and are largely responsible for "processed food addiction" (yes it's a real phenomenon), changing the way we respond to foods at the basic level -- taste. That's why it is so hard to give up our favorite snack "foods". We become accustomed to a certain level of unnatural sweetness in foods. Biologically speaking humans have never eaten so much sugar and grain (which ultimately also reduces to simpler sugars, adding to the burden on our bodies) in the evolution of human eating habits. There's a great slide show/lecture on it by Loren Cordain. It's fascinating and puts things in perspective.

Loren Cordain - Origins and Evolution of the Western Diet Health Implications for the 21st Century.

But food seems to satisfy the emotional nature. That's also why most people revolve eating around social activity.

reply to post by anjuna

Just wanted to ask Is Corn syrup the same as High fructose Corn syrup?

It's the same ingredient from the same source. High fructose corn syrup simply contains a higher concentration fructose (the worst kind of sugar by far, as it's metabolized nearly identically to ethanol, taxing the liver and having to be stored as fat *first* before being liberated as use for energy/fuel to run cellular function). Corn syrup is not only inherently detrimental because of the type of genetic engineering (not just pesticide resistance but each individual cell of the plant is engineered to produce pesticide, hence making a veritable pesticide factory in the gut where it can wreak all sorts of havoc); it's also processed with mercury, a highly toxic substance.

highfructosehigh.com...
CORN SYRUP VS. HIGH-FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP VS. CORN SUGAR

www.nydailynews.com... aine-obesity-diabetes-cancer-heart-disease-article-1.1054419[/ur l]
Sugar is as addictive as coc aine, and causes obesity, diabetes, cancer and heart disease

[url]http://naturalsociety.com/addictive-coc aine-fructose-cancer-obesity-american-diet/
Addictive as Cocaine, Fructose Fuels Cancer and Obesity as American Diet Staple

grist.org...
The FDA sat on evidence of mercury-tainted high-fructose corn syrup

www.washingtonpost.com...
Study Finds High-Fructose Corn Syrup Contains Mercury

naturalsociety.com...
Highly Toxic Mercury Present in Processed Foods, Yet FDA Does Nothing

PS -- Thanks for asking and I definitely didn't mean to hijack your thread with off topic material. I do plan on writing a book about GMO/corn/grain/processed food addiction within the next year or two. So perhaps this is helping me sort out some of my material since my writers' block is preventing me from making an outline thus far.
edit on 24-12-2012 by anjuna because: thanks

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   

What ever happened to the hippies and the free thinkers of the world, the people who fight for positive change in this world, where did they go,what happened to them???

To quote George Carlin, they've been "bought off and silenced by gadgets and toys". Our culture has become so addicted to a constant stream of electronically delivered entertainment and social media, that nobody wants to change anything because they might lose their facebook, pinterest, or the newest electronic shackle. We are done for. Our slavery is perfect, and nearly complete. The generation after us will seal it, because they will never know a world that exists without this unnecessary garbage.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Duamutef9

To quote George Carlin, they've been "bought off and silenced by gadgets and toys". Our culture has become so addicted to a constant stream of electronically delivered entertainment and social media, that nobody wants to change anything because they might lose their facebook, pinterest, or the newest electronic shackle. We are done for. Our slavery is perfect, and nearly complete. The generation after us will seal it, because they will never know a world that exists without this unnecessary garbage.

110% Agreed some of the questions I state I already know the answer to, but just state it any way for the reader to do some critical thinking.

new topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join