It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No.. You Werent Wrong For Wanting 2012 To Be..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I haven't written in a while due to many things, but I wanted my first "newer" thread to be here, today.

For those that are getting slack for wanting something to happen on the 21st in Dec, and "nothing" did, ask yourself... are you sure?

I for one have taken a new look, perspective on things, for the better at least. There are many that will revert to their old ways, with the same old "ha, those 2012 people got it wrong, nothing happened". But there are a few of us that took this as a step to get better... be better.

Our world has been in a whirlwind, and those of us that frequent ATS are fully aware of that. We have, whether your a newer member or not, have seen so much. Mostly bad, but there have been some good times. I have been feeling an abundance of love lately, and havent quite figured out what to do with it.

I saw the doom and gloom and decided to avoid it. Maybe, just maybe that is no longer for me. I know that there are some pretty horrific things out there, but is there something that I can do about it?

YES

Yes there is. And, I would like to start today. Not because its still the 21st in my time zone, but because I have wanted to for a very long time and I feel that maybe, just maybe this IS the time. We have come a long way, and I do refer this to many members that I have become familiar with, and those that I wish to get to know better.

We have as a community been supportive, disruptive, appreciative, and discerning to say the least, but is that not what we were supposed to do. I would like to awaken tomorrow and write about good things, and good people, what we CAN do to make change as opposed to seeing no end in sight.

Whether you believe that 12/21/12 had an impact or not, I will say this. I will take this as many will, and just as many wont.

It was discussed... passed... and its what you made of it. This is what I chose.

I choose to love.

I choose to make a difference.

I choose to participate, not for recognition, but for knowledge.

I choose to listen more.

I choose to love more.

I choose to be part of YOU!

Thank you ATS for giving me a chance and a place to express this. I wanted my next thread to be something from the heart, and here is where I NEEDED to express it.

Thank you. PEACE, NRE.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

sadly, this is all just like any ordinary, common-sense advices
and it's nothing related with the whole "New Age" and their whole "2012" made-up delusional baseless nonsense.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Guess it depends on what's been happening in your personal life over the last few days. Due to a few unexpected and unwelcome events for myself personally in the last few days I've been feeling agitated, upset, fed up and slightly hostile.

I try to stay as positive as the next guy and look at situations from all angles and find any good in them etc. but have been struggling the past few days.

I have felt a change (it may be more stemming from recent circumstances than a date) however, it has not been the positive change people have spoken of.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

every holiday season i tell myself that i'm planning to make a xmas card. normally i'd end up procrastinating and never getting around to it. this year i finish my card and bought some prints. now i'm asking around for addresses. the world could have ended today and i'd be satisfied. little improvements i've made in my life have helped to shape myself and those around me in a positive way.

i applaud you in your desire to love more OP. the world certainly doesn't need less love. give kindness and it will return to you, in ways large and small although not always apparent.

new topics

top topics

join