It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America Unearthed were the Maya in Georgia ?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sphota
So, I understand where you are coming from, but I just don't think it's valid for academics to totally brush off North American native plants.
They don't. Check out what's known as the Eastern Agricultural Complex, which I learned about from...wait for it...Academics!

You know, a lot of this thread is simple Anthro 101. Check out a used textbook and learn about the growth of complex societies.

Certainly the theories surrounding the peopling of the Americas are changing almost daily - and rather than a trans-Atlantic traverse over the ice, it would be marine voyages along the ice's edge that are currently under consideration. Among others.

Originally posted by LostWorldsORG
It's amazing archaeologists can actually suggest they know all there is to know about the history of this continent when they've only excavated less than 1% of any of it. Again, this is just the height of arrogance.
Really? Find me one, because I know a bunch of them and none of them would make such a suggestion.

edit on 27-12-2012 by JohnnyCanuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
OK, looks like my username violates TOS and my signature violates other rules so I have to create a new account. Don't know when or if I'll be back cause this is a little silly. People post links to my site from this site all the time...but I can't have a screenname that includes my website or include my website in my signature....because people might visit my site from this site?!?!? Interesting logic.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by LostWorldsORG

Well I am enjoying the hell out of your posts my good man please please return.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

.wait for it...Academics!

Nooooooo ! I can't believe you would go there !

I love ya Johnny

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by 1/2 Nephilim

Have I completely lost my mind or are both Byrd and Lost Worlds posting on my thread. Pinch me Neph !

It is very real, I was loving it.

Come back LOSTWORLD!!!!!!!

I wasn't trying to debate with Byrd particularly.. lord knows how many TOS violations I commit accidentally. I enjoyed LOSTWORLD's replies VERY much. He made some VERY VALID points. Unfortunately those points only seem to have been responded to thusfar in the acknowledgement of his account and certain technicalities about it violating the TOS.

I look forward to Byrd's replies in the thread now VERY much too.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Damn!, What A time to get all techno !

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Yeah man, I just watched the episode finally!

The link posted earlier in the thread is to a seperate ad for the show, 1 click away though is the full episode, link here.

www.history.com/shows/america-unearthed/videos/playlists/full-episodes#america-unearthed-american-mayan-secrets

It should be noted that our poster in this thread, LostWorldsORG, is actually one of the only 4 people spoken to in this video, which the OP is about, he is in 20% of it.

I certainly hope he wants to stick around because he knows this subject very well. He is exactly the type of people we need around here.

I loved the episode, funny that the copper plate was brought up but it wasn't mentioned that it was from Etowah. I'm sure it was but that part hit the cutting room floor for whatever reason. Ocmulgee spiral mounds, Maya Blue, astronimical architecture and the Etowah copper plate are just the tip of the iceburg.

I want to know more about the cranial deformation being found at Ocmulgee, thats new to me and they didn't go into detail. Looks like I have something to research this evening.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by LostWorldsORG

Thanks for that find, I'm anxious to look at all that research.

What comes to mind are those bits of evidence they have of ancient crop fields somewhere in tropical Africa, can't remember if it was the Congo, or where, if anybody recollects the site I'm hinting at...let me know. Google can be the enemy when you don't have enough or the right search terms.

I was thinking about the possibility that ancient areas of agriculture could be hidden by reforestation - or rather the re-configuration that nature goes into when man ceases to micromanage flora. Inverse of the Great Plains/Bread Basket now versus before the Westward expansion of US farmers.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   
i'd like this series more if it were presented more factually and without the sensationalist music.. lots of interesting info though

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Well I don't know about everyone else but for me the show has taken such a nose dive from the first one I'm not even going to start a new thread. Seems like the only good one was the one with our guy Lost Worlds. I sure thought last nights show was going to be a big winner but I have to say guys, I was completely disappointed. I fell asleep watching it.

Any way just decided to add on to this thread instead of making a new one just to say that. So far 3 shows 1 good one showing potential. Last two for me were sensationalist let downs.

Just like the History channel tho. Where the truth about history is plain to see because they show you all the lies.

edit on 12-1-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   

certainly hope he wants to stick around because he knows this subject very well. He is exactly the type of people we need around here.

That's a 100% agree. I wonder if he has seen any of Slayers work. No sign that he ever created a new account and he may have had problems doing that. I don't know but you're right. Shame if we lost Lost Worlds over a techno.

edit on 12-1-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I don't think he wil be returning.. which is a real shame. Byrd posted alot of "matter of fact" statements and then imho, LostWorlds schooled him and Byrd never replied. Instead, the technicalities of LostWorlds account were pointed out and still no reply from Byrd. That alone halted the positive conversation in this thread. I don't see how technicalities pertaining to LostWorlds account makes the points that he made irrelevant. I was looking forward to hearing Byrd's reply but it looks like were not going to get one. It really is a shame. It also makes me really wonder., what criteria gets someone the label of a "subject matter expert"? If that label were indeed fitting why has no reply been given?

I understand that critisizing the staff is taboo on here.. it seems that way anyway. If your going to make such bold statements and the point is made that you could be wrong then why not come back and explain? Lostworlds is gone now. For the rest of us still here and still interesting in the topic why not give us an explanation?

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   
New season begins Saturday night - i enjoy the show.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join