It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America Unearthed were the Maya in Georgia ?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Sphota

What makes it harder is those who landed in the America's from Europe killed many of these natives and destroyed their lands and their culture to avoid having to recognize them later. Those peaceful weak tribes that remained were kept around as long as they caused no problems.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

Originally posted by LostWorldsORG
reply to post by randyvs

Not in this season but who knows about the future. Hopefully the show will be popular and History Channel will produce a second season.

I thought the first show was superb as well the links you've provided. I'm sure you can tell I'm really glad to see a
cutting edge program like this. Just what the doctor ordered .Are you going to be hanging around ATS often ? I mean most smart people do.

Cut to the chase, I give you the floor Lost.
I'm diving into some links.
edit on 22-12-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

Yeah, I thought the producers did a fantastic job considering the volumes of evidence they had to work with. They had to pick what would be the most interesting and convincing to an average viewer...and also be entertaining. I think they got the balance just right. They were a top notch group to work with. I'd work with them again in the future without hesitation.

And yeah, i check in to ATS from time to time. My research keeps me pretty busy though.
I don't think I can even start a thread yet. haha. I still need to interact here more before they'll let me.

But now I have xmas shopping to do. cheers.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Great what-if or alternate history story.

An archeologist who dug at Saltville, an old friend of mine, would have needed much more evidence. Artifacts and such.

I'd ask her directly about this but she passed away last year from cancer at 83. I had a chance to interview her. One of only a handful of Native American Indian archeologist.

I do believe the Mayan were seafarers, explorers to some extent, they populated numerous islands along the coast line.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by LostWorldsORG

Oh wow, what a treat to have you here. Welcome!

I did not expect to wake up to a reply from you today on ATS, how funny. I have read ALOT of your work and love your website. Boy do I have some questions I'd like to ask you, lol.

For one, what is the deal with the Southern Death Cult ( not the band
) ? From my understanding the "cult" ceremonies and way of life began around Kolomoki. Although I don't think much is known about Letchworth (imo that was where the 1st big pyramids "mounds" were built). I've read a few places and been told 1st hand that the ball game was played at Kolomoki and not only that but another thing occured that the Maya were so famous for.. human sacrifice.

At Kolomoki they will tell you that the more prestigious members of society wore shell pendants. Makes sense that they would be proud of theyre descendants sea travels and why they would use shells to represent people of that lineage, to me anyway. Then we hear about the priesthood at Ocmulgee being killed off around 1200 CE.. I've read the priesthood of Ocmulgee were one in the same as the Southern Death Cult and again, just my opinion but I think they were Weeden Island descendants.

I'd love to hear your opinion on this & if you don't mind there is this artifact found locally a few months ago I'd like you to see, I can send pics in a message if thats cool? It is by far my favorite artifact ever found around here and I think it shows exactly how far off the textbooks are about the natives of my region.
edit on 22-12-2012 by 1/2 Nephilim because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
You can watch the full episode here.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

Niiiiice, TY TY!

Edit: Wait, thats only a clip for me. Do I need to be registered with the site?
edit on 22-12-2012 by 1/2 Nephilim because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Enjoyed the show and the website lostworlds.
I'll be checking out your other site soon,have it saved,thanks.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bilk22
You can watch the full episode here.

Right on Bilk I knew some one would have my back.

edit on 22-12-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Hi LWO,
I found your site fascinating and illuminating on many levels.
I am keenly interested in the astronomical ideas involving the Taurid meteor showers.
It re enforces some ideas I've held for quite some time, namely that the meso American calender and its long cycle was based on the observation of periodic appearances of a swarm of celestial objects that were the remainders of the so called "clovis comet" that continued to rain misfortune upon the people of the world for many generations.
The survivors of the north American impact fled south and formed a partial cultural foundation for the subsequent people of meso America. Their mythos tells the tale of this disaster..
The meso American influence in the gulf and up river into the interior of north America is pretty clear. In all of north American native culture its within the mound builders you find the pan pipe , an instrument widespread in south American and central America, but virtually absent from north America, except for the mound builders.
The change from a reasonably egalitarian society with little class distinct to a highly stratified society with a clearly defined ruling elite speaks highly of mesoamerican influence.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Hi randyvs,
I think the link between georgia and mesoamerica is the hopewell culture and the adena culture.
The hopewell culture was a multiethnic trading culture in the southeast us.

The Hopewell tradition (also called the "Hopewell culture") describes the common aspects of the Native American culture that flourished along rivers in the northeastern and midwestern United States from 200 BCE to 500 CE. The Hopewell tradition was not a single culture or society, but a widely dispersed set of related populations. They were connected by a common network of trade routes, [1] known as the Hopewell Exchange System. [ex/]

And

At its greatest extent, the Hopewell exchange system ran from the Southeastern United States into the southeastern Canadian shores of Lake Ontario. Within this area societies participated in a high degree of exchange with the highest amount of activity along waterways. The Hopewell exchange system received materials from all over the United States. Most of the items traded were exotic materials and were received by people living in the major trading and manufacturing areas. These people then converted the materials into products and exported them through local and regional exchange networks. The objects created by the Hopewell exchange system spread far and wide and have been seen in many burials outside the Midwest. [2]

It was through these people that the meso Americans first made inroads into the Mississippi basin., or the people of continued to utilize very ancient routes to the raw materials they left behind when they fled the great calamity.
edit on 22-12-2012 by punkinworks10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by punkinworks10

Originally posted by punkinworks10

Hi LWO,
I found your site fascinating and illuminating on many levels.
I am keenly interested in the astronomical ideas involving the Taurid meteor showers.
It re enforces some ideas I've held for quite some time, namely that the meso American calender and its long cycle was based on the observation of periodic appearances of a swarm of celestial objects that were the remainders of the so called "clovis comet" that continued to rain misfortune upon the people of the world for many generations.
The survivors of the north American impact fled south and formed a partial cultural foundation for the subsequent people of meso America. Their mythos tells the tale of this disaster..
The meso American influence in the gulf and up river into the interior of north America is pretty clear. In all of north American native culture its within the mound builders you find the pan pipe , an instrument widespread in south American and central America, but virtually absent from north America, except for the mound builders.
The change from a reasonably egalitarian society with little class distinct to a highly stratified society with a clearly defined ruling elite speaks highly of mesoamerican influence.

I star'd your reply, its well thought. From what I can gather about the Torid meteor shower it doesn't sound like anything that the Mayans would deem cataclysmic or would surround a major calendar system around. Albeit they had nearly 20 calenders so it may have come into play in one of those, but probably not a major one.

You have to understand, regardless of the bs prophecy 12/21 has surrounding it, that it was a very special day. It was not just the end of a 5125.36 year cycle, it was the end of 5x that. Not only that, 12/21 was the date of a solar alignment, planetary alignments be damned, yesterday our Sun, Earth, Alcyone, Sirius and the Great Central Sun of the Milky Way galaxy were in alignment.

We have entered the dark rift, what does that mean? Idk, the singularity will be here sooner than we think? All of the people saying nothing happened yesterday are not seeing the big picture. The beginning of something began and it doesn't take a cataclysmic event to initiate that.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by punkinworks10

Very good points, the Hopewell culture has alot of mystery surrounding it. Multiple artifacts of they're type though have been found at Ocmulgee.

I cannot go into detail here as I promised I would not disclose what i was told. I've spoken with the most knowledgable people pertaining to the sites i mentioned earlier in the thread, not all but most. A few months ago I asked after a statement had been made "So Ocmulgee was a central trading hub for at least 500 years?"

Dude laughed at me.

He was humored by that assumption and quick to correct after the giggles wore off, no young man.. Ocmulgee has been occupied and used as a trading hub since the early Archaic period, AT LEAST.. insinuating it even had Paleo relevance.

So they found everything there.. tons of obsidian points. Shell atl atl weights, you name it, they found it. Wiki Ocmulgee excavation, they THOUGHT they had excavated 19% of the site in the 20's-30's.. new GPR data shows its more like 13%..

They excavated 25 million artifacts in a 10 year period with a work force of 800 people, mmk?

Thats just 13% and the artifacts excavated were by no means localized.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
S&F Randy.

I live in SC, perhaps I will make a little trip one of these days down to Georgia

Thanks for this.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I'm Native American from the Cherokee Nation tribe and it's been taught that our tribe ancestors were Mound and pyramid builders. The Cherokee were from Georgia. Also stories passed down of our tribes actually trading with Mayan and that our Ancestors were from the Star constellation Pleiades.

This is stuff that most will not know or be able to read about. I'm an active member in my tribe and these stories are held close to the chest with our tribe.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Quadrivium

If you need a resourceful ride along ? I'm in.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by dieglocke
reply to post by randyvs

I'm Native American from the Cherokee Nation tribe and it's been taught that our tribe ancestors were Mound and pyramid builders. The Cherokee were from Georgia. Also stories passed down of our tribes actually trading with Mayan and that our Ancestors were from the Star constellation Pleiades.

This is stuff that most will not know or be able to read about. I'm an active member in my tribe and these stories are held close to the chest with our tribe.

Do you know how lucky you are to have such a heritage ? To belong to such a majestic people ? I'll bet you do.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

No, it was a different culture. Older if I recall.

Just because it looks similar doesn't make it part of the same culture.

Most of what the Maya made look straight out of some parts of Asia. That doesn't make the Maya Polynesian.

There were a number of civilizations in North America. Some of the early colonists documented stone door frames and foundations in the woods. They were used for their own buildings, similar to what the dark age architects did with Roman ruins.

I can link you this if you want.

Also 2% Cherokee here. Along with Russian, Italian, and Irish and many others. I find it a bit stagnating to dwell on what people did before you are born. You weren't them. You didn't build it.
edit on 23-12-2012 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I'm reading an amazing book right now called Lost Worlds of Central and North America written by David Hatcher Childress, it was written in 1991. It's full of amazing history and info. He flies down to Costa Rica to start with the 8ft stone balls, then continues on from there. The adventure is amazing, there are a few pictures and he talks a lot about the similarities between the ancient Chinese, Egyptians, Phoenicians, Mayans etc etc etc. He basically laughs at the fact that people believe Christopher Columbus was the first to cross the ocean. He writes about the trade of jade, cocoa, feathers, allspice and many more things that have been traded for 1000's of years. There are interesting stories of them finding ancient jars with mercury in them ??????? No one knows where it came from or what it was used for. I can't wait to see what happens when he gets to North America. There is chapters about findings in Nevada, Utah, Wisconsin, Maine,Canada and probably more. I especially can't wait to get to the chapter about the grand canyon and the Egyptian hieroglyphs that they found there. I know I've heard stories before about giants and mummies. Anyone that likes to read should check out this book. I would say the Mayans probably did spend time in all over the U.S. Why wouldn't they?

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheCanuckian
reply to post by Sphota

What makes it harder is those who landed in the America's from Europe killed many of these natives and destroyed their lands and their culture to avoid having to recognize them later. Those peaceful weak tribes that remained were kept around as long as they caused no problems.

Not only that they also destroyed their deities and monuments so they could "teach" them Christianity.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
It is certainly plausible that the Mayans traveled to Georgia. It not like traveling to Australia or Russia.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join