It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America Unearthed were the Maya in Georgia ?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Good post, I'd like to catch that show but dont have History2.

The Maya influenced aboriginal Native North Americans HEAVILY in the South East.

To give a quick rundown, the Chontal Maya who were seafaring and claimed direct descendancy from the Olmec, were communicating and trading with the Calusa culture which is the Southern 1/2 of Florida. That is in the history books, South FL is where we first see maize(corn) appear and also where the shell mounds began being built around the dawn of the Woodland Period.

Considering the travel route the Chontal Maya were taking they were also more than likely in contact with the Weeden Island culture (Tampa Bay). The difference here is the Calusa were known to be savage and did not leave South FL whereas we see the Weeden Island culture popping up all through Central/Northern Florida, Georgia and Alabama. They had a heavy influence on the Swift Creek culture that was already present and with they're help began building massive "mounds" and complex's.

Some notable non-burial "mound" sites in GA, FL, and AL are Kolomoki in SouthWest GA, Ocmulgee in Central GA and Etowah in North GA. Letchworth - Letchlove in North FL & Moundsville in West Alabama. The textbooks tell us these were uncivilized people who built these places. If not familiar with some of those sites check them out and check out some of the artifacts that have been excavated as well, the textbooks are wrong.
edit on 22-12-2012 by 1/2 Nephilim because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

You are a very quick gunslinger Murg. I'd square off by your side against anyone.

edit on 22-12-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

reply to post by 1/2 Nephilim

You can catch it right here as it becomes available the very same second. I'm watching out for it. It was remarkable.
Surly a show that holds some promise.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   

To give a quick rundown, the Chontal Maya who were seafaring and claimed direct descendancy from the Olmec, were communicating and trading with the Calusa culture which is the Southern 1/2 of Florida. That is in the history books, South FL is where we first see maize(corn) appear and also where the shell mounds began being built around the dawn of the Woodland Period.

Yes that's right I have heard orf these seafarers before. And why wouldn't they be an influence ? I think the copper plate the found on the show is the binding tie.

A very pertinent post from 1/2 Nephilim.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

This one? In the center?

If so, yeah thats a copper plate from Etowah in North GA, not far West of Chattahoochee National Forest.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
Mayan King ? Six fingers, six toes, can you i.d. this guy for me ? i'm having trouble coming up with a name for this guy or is this is a myth or what ?

Sounds like Chan Bahlum, Pakal's son

A novel called "The Maya Prophecy"refers to him as a seer and prophet.

Of course it's fiction, but so is history so no biggy...

"The king of the Maya, CHAN-BAHLUM, is depicted on the Maya temple as having 6 fingers and 6 toes. This is the connection with the monstrosities that inhabited the land of Canaan."

Legal name "Chan Bahlum II", "K alam II"
Born 635 AD, May 635, May 23rd 635
Died 702 AD, February 702, February 20th 702
Full name "K alam II", "Chan Bahlum II"
Wikipedia Page en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 22-12-2012 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Nailed it that's the one. And the show is set in the Chattahoochee national forest.

That has to be it Murg. Because I remember it was of two names. You gunslinger ! Now let me write that out so I don't forget it again. Chan Bahlum.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Looks like this Chan Bahlum guy was one of the giants...

This post has a lot more if you go to the link:

Originally posted by Logarock
Something of interest. Palenque. In the area above the tomb, there is a work showing Pacal and his son facing each other. His son shows definite signs of being of mixed race. Its very clear. Pacal was said to be over 7 feet tall and his son towers over him close to 10 feet. It is also written in the tomb that his son was born after the likeness of the "first mother".

Pacals son also is shown with 6 toes and fingers. His size and extra toes/finger is consistent with skeletal and historical records of large men elsewhere. He matches the size and description of the historical Goliath. I am not saying that this son Chan Bahlum is related to the giants elsewhere mind you or am I saying anything about space men so please.

Most of the above info about Pacal and his son were gleaned form "A Forest of Kings" written by Maya researcher Linda Schele and David Freidel. They believe that Pacal represents a combined linage of two tribes or lines. The first Mothers line going all the way back into the historical darkness of a great catastrophe that struck the earth and from which her descendants escaped.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Gotta close shop for tonight peeps Merry Christmas.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   
In terms of the establishment covering up this piece of history, I think it is just media hype. I am pretty sure I read about the Mayans (or Aztecs, not too sure) being in Georgia in a book about anthropology and history some time ago. I think it was in a book called Guns, Germs and Steel, but it was only a paragraph in it, that's why my memory about it is fading.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I grew up in Helen, GA just a few miles from this:

The legend behind it is that its a burial mound for a Cherokee and Chickasaw romeo and juliet. But i always had my doubts about that story.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
pyramids located all over the world.....exept northen america.....why.... forbidden land?

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Maya mining gold in america?

Possible maya site in georgia

Hey randy thought that you might find these links interesting.I saw a part of that show last night. Gonna watch the whole thing later today as I recorded it.Hope that the links help.

Here's another from the same site
edit on 12/22/2012 by lonegurkha because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by lonegurkha

Always love new links lone, always. I'll have a look now and read up later.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I am the researcher who appeared in the show discussing the petroglyph rock, the spiral mound, and the solar alignment with the earth lodge at Ocmulgee Mounds. Here are some links to my research if you are interested.

I've done two separate research papers on the Forsyth Petroglyph. The first one analyzes the symbols on the rock and determines it was most likely a star map and possibly represented the breakup of a comet around 536 AD:

lostworlds.org...

The second paper compares the Forsyth Petroglyph with the Mayan Blowgunner Vase and inscriptions in Temple XIX at Palenque and finds many correspondences:

lostworlds.org...

I've also done a research paper on the archaeoastronomy of the Ocmulgee Earth Lodge. It appears to have been aligned with the peak day of the Taurid Meteor Shower 1,000 years ago when it was built:

lostworlds.org...

For more general information about the Ocmulgee Mounds site visit my research here:

lostworlds.org...

And to learn more about the ancient Native American sites in Georgia check out my page here:

lostworlds.org...

I hope everyone enjoyed the show. Of course there is tons more information which simply couldn't make it into the show. You can learn more at my other website:

www.MayaInAmerica.com...

Cheers.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by LostWorldsORG

Link mother load.

Are you going to be involved in any up coming programs ? And don't worry I won't hound you for any further information than that. What a pleasure to have you post to my thread ? Thank you so much.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

Originally posted by MystikMushroom
Sorry guys, the whole "Maya Blue" thing is bunk.

There were at least two "mines" for the clay. Studies have already used chemical analysis to to source them. The National Geographic Society helped foot the bill. Over 167 samples were taken and matched to their respective mines.

I saw the show and thought it was sensationalist, so I dug a little bit. Sorry, but the clay CAN be accounted for.

Science Daily

Not ALL the clay can be accounted for. Many of the Maya blue samples from Mexico have a local source. But several of the samples, like those from Palenque, a local source has not yet been located.

I find the fact that the Palenque source is still unknown as very interesting. The Forsyth Petroglyph which I discussed very briefly in the episode tells the same story as an inscription at Temple XIX from Palenque. The petroglyph even includes an important Mayan glyph from the Palenque inscription (CHUM glyph) and an important mythological symbol (decapitated caiman) from the inscriptions. Read my research here:

lostworlds.org...

Temple XIX at Palenque also has a mural showing foreigners arriving at Palenque. These foreigners all have mustaches...a rare thing to see in Mayan art. But the men of the Creek Indians of Georgia were described as having mustaches by the early Spanish explorers. Did they visit Palenque and bring some palygorskite with them as a gift and then brought the Mayan star map back with them and engraved it into stone?

Lots of unanswered questions still. This episode offers a great introduction to the topic but there's still so much more evidence.

edit on 22-12-2012 by LostWorldsORG because: added quote from original

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by LostWorldsORG

Are you going to be involved in any up coming programs ? And don't worry I won't hound you for any further information than that. What a pleasure to have you post to my thread ? Thank you so much.

Not in this season but who knows about the future. Hopefully the show will be popular and History Channel will produce a second season.

edit on 22-12-2012 by LostWorldsORG because: added quote from original

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

Originally posted by MystikMushroom
reply to post by randyvs

The site is also open to the public, I have no idea why the "government" didn't allow him access. Anyone that pays for parking can hike on in along several trails.

For some reason they stopped issuing film permits to the site so History Channel wasn't allowed to film there. Another tv show had just shot there a couple months before with no problem. I believe a Native American tribe protested and the U.S. Forestry Service stopped issuing film permits. But you can still go there and hike the site if you're in good enough condition. It is still open to the public as far as I know. (Although who knows what will happen now that this show has aired.)

edit on 22-12-2012 by LostWorldsORG because: added original quote

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by LostWorldsORG
reply to post by randyvs

Not in this season but who knows about the future. Hopefully the show will be popular and History Channel will produce a second season.

I thought the first show was superb as well the links you've provided. I'm sure you can tell I'm really glad to see a
cutting edge program like this. Just what the doctor ordered .Are you going to be hanging around ATS often ? I mean most smart people do.

Cut to the chase, I give you the floor Lost.
I'm diving into some links.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1/2 Nephilim
reply to post by randyvs

The Maya influenced aboriginal Native North Americans HEAVILY in the South East.

The Chontal were absolutely in Florida. The Chontal called themselves the Poton. They named their province Acala. Their neighbors were called Yokot'an (where the Yucatan peninsula gets its name.) In Florida, just north of Lake Okeechobee, the Spanish found a province called "Ocala" with two tribes living there: "Potani" and "Uqueten." And who was living around Lake Okeechobee? The Mayaimi and Mayacca. Coincidence? Read more here:

lostworlds.org...

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join