It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America Unearthed were the Maya in Georgia ?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Just how reliable could something on the History... I mean Propaganda Channel be about history being suppressed by the academic community?

Wouldn't that be like the CIA doing a story exposing the lies behind the JFK murder?

Isn't that one of Rupert Murdoch's channels?

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Cahokia? Wikipedia

They were a mound building civilization on the Mississippi, wouldn't be a stretch that they were in Georgia. Unfortunately, because most American Pré-Colombian civilizations had no written records or permanent structures, so it's hard to know where specific civilizations started out before reaching their "final destinations" upon European arrival.

We know, for example, that the Mexica (the Aztecs) had mythology of their people coming from the North before settling in the Central Valley of Mexico. We can infer some basis of truth to this as the majority of languages related to Nahuatl, the language of the Aztecs, exist in Northern Mexico, Arizona and Utah.

We also know that not long before the arrival of the Spanish to the Southwest, the Navajo had arrived from Alaska and Yukon Territory.

What we don't know is how long it took them to get there and what fomented the move.

It wouldn't surprise me if a sophisticated civilization started on the Mississippi and died out due to some cataclysm. Maybe the arrival of the Vikings started the true spread of Eurasian disease epidemics and Columbus and friends gave a final blow.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

Just how reliable could something on the History... I mean Propaganda Channel be about history being suppressed by the academic community?

I asked myself that same question Murg. So I do share your concern at that aspect. Could they be getting more liberal ? I think this is evidence to that actually. Always read your posts Murg and that was a good one.

edit on 21-12-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
I asked myself that same question Murg. So I do share your concern at that aspect. Could they be getting more liberal ? I think this is evidence to that actually. Always read your posts Murg and that was a good one.

Sorry... couldn't resist...

Suppression of history is one of my favorite subjects.

Just making sure you were awake.

Thanks BTW, always read yours as well and try to S&F etc.

“the biggest cover-up in the history of mankind is the history of mankind itself”

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sphota
Cahokia? Wikipedia

They were a mound building civilization on the Mississippi, wouldn't be a stretch that they were in Georgia. Unfortunately, because most American Pré-Colombian civilizations had no written records or permanent structures, so it's hard to know where specific civilizations started out before reaching their "final destinations" upon European arrival.

We know, for example, that the Mexica (the Aztecs) had mythology of their people coming from the North before settling in the Central Valley of Mexico. We can infer some basis of truth to this as the majority of languages related to Nahuatl, the language of the Aztecs, exist in Northern Mexico, Arizona and Utah.

We also know that not long before the arrival of the Spanish to the Southwest, the Navajo had arrived from Alaska and Yukon Territory.

What we don't know is how long it took them to get there and what fomented the move.

It wouldn't surprise me if a sophisticated civilization started on the Mississippi and died out due to some cataclysm. Maybe the arrival of the Vikings started the true spread of Eurasian disease epidemics and Columbus and friends gave a final blow.

Some profound thinking going on here to be sure. So instead of the Maya coming up from the south. You think this could be proof of the opposite ? I think that is a very interesting view. My compliments.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

Suppression of history is one of my favorite subjects.

I've seen we share the likes.

Can't believe no one told me my heading was skewed. Brats.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
The Maya may have even been as far as the great lakes area. Not a big civilization but trading stations. There was a pretty good trade route here in America long time ago. I've been trying to identify the culture that was where I live, It doesn't appear to be of the tribes that were more recently around here. Some could be, the stuff buried shallower.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Wow you're in Bigfoot country up there aren't you? That might make for some scary investigating is why I ask ?
Anything you can tell us of interest Ricky ?

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Very nice thread you have Randy!

I wouldn't put it past the Mayans, to have traveled that far up North actually.

I would love to see the episode.

S&F

edit on 21-12-2012 by sonnny1 because: This keyboard sucks!

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

What I find interesting from your source is that they still have a little mystery going about Palenque

The analysis confirmed that all the samples of Maya Blue from the ancient Maya site of Chichén Itzá were created with palygorskite derived from Sacalum, while the Maya Blue samples from Palenque could have been from Sacalum, Yo' Sah Kab, or another unknown source.

Randy
Interesting subject. Still some interesting similarities in styles and materials used.

Cohokia North America
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c14e1a29596c.jpg[/atsimg]
Olmec Central America
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8181d9c2e4ce.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Np bigfoot that I know of. There were people living in this area for thousands of years. Mostly where fresh water came out of the earth or near rivers and lakes. Some of the stuff I have personally seen around here doesn't look Indian. Lots of civilizations from around the world came up this way for the gold that once existed around here. It's pretty much mined out now. sixty plus miles west of here had lots of copper.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Slayer my man ! I have a question for you. Mayan King ? Six fingers, six toes, can you i.d. this guy for me ? i'm having trouble coming up with a name for this guy or is this is a myth or what ? That would actually be twelve and twelve of course.

Beautiful pics Slayer. Masterful carvings.

reply to post by sonnny1

Thanks sonny I relish the kind words.

I'll check to see if the program is up yet.
edit on 22-12-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Lord Pacal from Palenque?

Just 10 fingers and Toes.
But unusually tall considering the average height of the people he ruled over.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by randyvs

Lord Pacal from Palenque?

Just 10 fingers and Toes.
But unusually tall considering the average height of the people he ruled over.

Height was another one of the characteristics to be sure. I thought the digits were bull. Thank you mon.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

I hate missing the last post on a page it happens all the time and I do apologize Mystik.

If you watch the show again, you'll hear him admit that there were sources of the clay, but he didn't think it could possibly account for all the clay (the 14' in the cenote). So he made his own with Georgia clay, which under x-ray would look the sam

Yes I caught that on rewind. And Slayer's in your corner so your point is validated in earnest.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

Originally posted by Sphota
Cahokia? Wikipedia

Some profound thinking going on here to be sure. So instead of the Maya coming up from the south. You think this could be proof of the opposite ? I think that is a very interesting view. My compliments.

Could be...I figure you gotta start somewhere, meaning that mound building is considered to be an archaeological antecedent of larger terraced and pyramid like structures. I think that Mississippian cultures abandoned their sites much later than the great Mayan sites were built. However, I think it is plausible that earlier environmental contexts dictated behaviors that then morphed into other concepts, talking on a behavior and cultur of their own.

when the Europeans arrived, most tribes of the Americas had not "settled down" so to speak. Remember that Europeans started as various horsemen nomads in central asia, with different tribes separating and rejoining, separating and rejoining. some of the earliest tribes to "settle down" are known to us as the Greeks and Romans. and even as the Greeks and Romans were building their societies, many tribes, such as Germanic and Slavic tribes were still shifting here and there, pushing each other in every which way.

I think it's a shame that the Americas didnt have another millennia of time to themselves to create novel cultures...

...An Aztec empire with Maya suzerainties (not unlike the relationship between the Romans and the Greeks) and provinces stretching into Central America and up into Texas, the American Southwest and perhaps Pacific Northwest to the north. They would develop and hone the mathematical traditions, the calendar keeping their writing system, etc, spreading these concepts to every corner of their influence. As all empires do, it would collapse eventually, leaving behind little mixes of its culture and language, just like Rome. And perhaps a written script, based on Mayan, but more abstract, like modern Chinese writing, would become the norm of the continent.

They would have had trading traditions with Incan and Amazonian Kingdowns, perhaps further domestication of llamas and alpacas, would have lead to there transition to the northern Aztec empire, diffusing them throughout the continent.

...meanwhile, in the Midwest and along the shores of the Greatlakes, Plains Indians like the Blackfoot and Sioux continued an elaborate nomadic tradition, getting access to the llamas and riding them to hunt buffalo. They would be this continent's version of the Scythians...maybe the Turks and Mongols...who rode and still ride around the great plains of Asia and the shores of Asia's great Glacial Lakes, lakes Baikal and Balkash. Further to the east, the Iriquois continue their experiments in democracy and evolve a nuanced culture, with a writing system of their own, perhaps based on limited exposure to Mayan writing...

Who knows...arrested development with few clues and fewer testimonies, it's hard to say exactly how far along some of the Native Americans had come ...or what interesting societies they were transforming into.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Sphota

Who knows...arrested development with few clues and fewer testimonies, it's hard to say exactly how far along some of the Native Americans had come ...or what interesting societies they were transforming into.

Huh ! Sort of a native american people interrupted ? I tell you I really like your thoughts and unique insights Sphota. I find it curious that they don't let people back in to this site. Most likely conservation tho wouldn't you say ? And it sure does seem to be a pyramid. Something fishy they talk about may be nothing more than the needed conservation of the site. So there does seem to be some sensationalizing going on, not unlike the history channel.

Eh Murg ?

One other thing, the Maya were certainly into severed heads. The head hunters had noth'in on these guys. Heads did roll.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Loved the show. The only complaint is that they started small. I hope they do episode on the Clovis people, and of the red headed giants that once upon a time used to eat the native Americans. Both of these two stories have been buried big time by the Smithsonian. most of the time the Smithsonian is the big guy on the other side that keeps these things hidden.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by remembering
Loved the show. The only complaint is that they started small. I hope they do episode on the Clovis people, and of the red headed giants that once upon a time used to eat the native Americans. Both of these two stories have been buried big time by the Smithsonian. most of the time the Smithsonian is the big guy on the other side that keeps these things hidden.

A lot of academics will argue your point. But I'm pretty solid in the belief, there's a ton of stuff the Smith's had dumped in the ocean. Have you read up on the Genoskwa. Some pretty scary stuff about giants. i like your way of thinking.

I hadn't even gotten so far as to think about those giants. I am so excited with this show.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by remembering

Giants is not in their vocabulary, dragons also...

Why? They are proof that the Bible is truth.

...if you research into giants or other races they will end your career immediately, we are told to say it’s all 1800’s media fraud regardless of the evidence, it’s pretty controversial, again if you ask questions you’ll be working at McDonalds tomorrow”.

Quest for Death Valley Giants and the Cover Up

Science - The Illuminati Religion and Mind Control Tool for the Masses.

"...scientists who see an intelligent force at work in nature are being fired from their jobs. ...mention "intelligent design" today and your career is over. Why are "secularists" so afraid of intelligent design?

Because they're funded by the Illuminati, (Rockefellers, Rothschilds etc.) who are Satanists. Satanists fear that acceptance of this "intelligence" will interfere with the makeover they're giving humanity. They think they are God.

Intelligent Scientists "Expelled" by Illuminati

edit on 22-12-2012 by Murgatroid because: Added link

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join