It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America Unearthed were the Maya in Georgia ?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I did do a search, found nadda .
Is evidence of a Mayan Site in Georgia being suppressed by the academic community? Scott Walter is our host in this exciting new series on the History channel. I'm watching it now and it has my attention enough to post . Spiral mounds are just the beginning of what looks to be a very informative series, about everything in America's own back yard

I know some ATS Slaya's I mean playa's that should be stoked. Check this puppy out coming out on the twenty first indeed. Very cool.

Slayerrrrrr!

What do you all think of this first show ?
edit on 21-12-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Still watching it but so far so good! Nice to see some archeologists that haven't been "played out" by the other programs on H2.

So do you think if the Maya were in Georgia that maybe the comet/asteroid (whatever they said it was) ran them out of the area? It was a big enough event that they took a lot of effort to commemorate it in stone.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
where can i find a torrent for this?

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I saw a documentary recently that showed evidence that the Mayan civilisation had been a lot further north than previously discovered, and what they found was ruins of something as monumental as any mayan ruins found, so I don't think it's far fetched to see that they may have been there, thought the clip doesn't really say much about what the guys basing his info off.

I wish I could remember what it was, I watch so many docos I forget which ones are where...

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by littled16

That's exactly what I see because this place they have on here, looks so make shift by Mayan standards. Even the cranial deformations are tying this together big time. I am so excited.
I've wondered for a long time if there were any ancient signs of the Maya being here in America. This may be the change they prophesied.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I'm also excited by the tie in with the specific clay they mixed with the blue pigment to make the "Maya Blue". I think that the host is correct- it may be the "smoking gun".

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend
I saw a documentary recently that showed evidence that the Mayan civilisation had been a lot further north than previously discovered, and what they found was ruins of something as monumental as any mayan ruins found, so I don't think it's far fetched to see that they may have been there, thought the clip doesn't really say much about what the guys basing his info off.

I wish I could remember what it was, I watch so many docos I forget which ones are where...

Hey no worries. I would have posted the whole program but they don't have that up yet. I do apologize for being so excited. i'm truly like a little kid watching this show.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
wish i had cable to watch that...

im sure there is quite a bit in the U.S. that is not
discovered yet.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   

The match is perfect !

What a great first show. I'm jumping all over the place. He even said this might have been a new beginning for the Maya.

I feel like Tom Cruise.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by severdsoul

When the vid becomes available it will get posted that's a guarantee friend. You will see it.
to fill you in they found some blue paint that matches perfect the signature of the Mayan blue paint. Awesome.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Makes me want to rent a backhoe and start excavating the back 40 to see what might be buried under there!
Looking forward to the next episode!

Be careful not to fall off the couch or land on Oprah!

edit on 21-12-2012 by littled16 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

sweet.. i watch a lot of show's via youtube and others.
the t.v. i generally ignore, the kids have control of it most
the time. the 4 channels i get, PBS is the one i watch
most of all, and thats usually late night when the good stuff
is on.

Evening tv is just to full of junk shows for me, just not my type of
viewing, for me if i cant learn something from it, or research things
im not to interested in watching it.
well, with the exception of "Big Bang theory" that one i do enjoy.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
This looks like the same cat who was involved in the origin of the Kensington Rune Stone - if so, I dug his fervor in trying to solve that puzzle.

If this is the same gentlemen, I already know to expect a wholehearted investigation from him!

Looks like I'll be catching the late showing since I already missed the 7 o'clock(PST) showing.

Thanks for bringing this up randyvs!

link   
Sorry guys, the whole "Maya Blue" thing is bunk.

There were at least two "mines" for the clay. Studies have already used chemical analysis to to source them. The National Geographic Society helped foot the bill. Over 167 samples were taken and matched to their respective mines.

I saw the show and thought it was sensationalist, so I dug a little bit. Sorry, but the clay CAN be accounted for.

Science Daily

link   

Be careful not to fall off the couch or land on Oprah!

I promise I'd bounce like Tigger.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Love it! You made my day!

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Native Americans,just stating the obvious...

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

Damn stick in the mud. That's tuff to refute too pooh ! I'm sure you'll get some peeps confronting you maybe me. I mean the academics were confronted right up front. I think for that test to be put right in the show like that is rare.
Rare indeed. they usually make you wait.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by all2human
Native Americans,just stating the obvious...

Naysayers are welcome here my friend.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

If you watch the show again, you'll hear him admit that there were sources of the clay, but he didn't think it could possibly account for all the clay (the 14' in the cenote). So he made his own with Georgia clay, which under x-ray would look the same.

It's in the chemical analysis from the link I posted that can actually link one sample of clay to a distinct clay mining site, of which two at least are known.

The site is also open to the public, I have no idea why the "government" didn't allow him access. Anyone that pays for parking can hike on in along several trails.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join