It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To the ones that will 'I told you so.' on 2012.....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I want to read from Bob that he believes that the earth is going to crash into the sun.....I have no doubt it won't happen, but I want to hear the argument, the science, and the theory.....What we do here is create a plausible fiction from related facts. The sandy hook 'multiple shooter' theory, is just that....the LIBOR connection between Aurora and sandy hook is just that theory....that is what we do....we create a plausible fiction to interconnected facts, some are true and some are false.....most of which, we will never know.

In the stolen (from other religions) Holiday season, let us move into 2013 respecting each other by presenting counter arguments, and not insults. We can question each other without insulting each other.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend
reply to post by pointr97

For a start. 2012 is an entire year. You mean 21/12/2012 as opposed "on 2012".

Secondly, yes. The old "Why are you here" question. Usually applied liberally around the area of hurt, namely the butt, after one has been slightly upset by the fact people don't agree with them about everything under the sun on ATS. ATS, the website where if you are not a lunatic, then some people will point at you and snarl "WHY ARE YE HERE THEN, IF YE ARE NOT ONE OF US MANIACS? YARRRR???" while maintaining that it is in the pursuit of truth and justice and the American way!!

"Get out of my forums and stop being logical, it harms my buzz man.."

You have gotten into the egg nog, good for you....Happy Holidays

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by pointr97
I want to read from Bob that he believes that the earth is going to crash into the sun.....I have no doubt it won't happen, but I want to hear the argument, the science, and the theory.....What we do here is create a plausible fiction from related facts. The sandy hook 'multiple shooter' theory, is just that....the LIBOR connection between Aurora and sandy hook is just that theory....that is what we do....we create a plausible fiction to interconnected facts, some are true and some are false.....most of which, we will never know.

In the stolen (from other religions) Holiday season, let us move into 2013 respecting each other by presenting counter arguments, and not insults. We can question each other without insulting each other.

While I don't condone the "I Told You So" threads, none of them are keeping you from being able to read, or post in the subjects that you listed above.

There will be plenty of other threads about subjects that you find interesting that you can participate in just fine, and the "I Told You So" threads are not really going to scare anyone away from ATS. Too many firmly believe in what they believe in or are very dedicated in what they want to say around here.

Also: no one is forcing you to click on and read the "I Told You So" threads.

If any of them bother you, click on the "Alert" button. That's what it's for.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by eriktheawful

Your right, and there are plenty of threads i avoid on title alone...However, I ask you, what is the intent behind the action of someone that starts that thread? Are they starting it to inform, or question, or ask? Does it go with the spirit of this website?

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
This is the time of year when we look back and evaluate what we have done, and claim we will make next year different.....That is the true intent of this thread, not topic specific, but idea specific....take a moment, and think about some of the things we have written, think about the tone we have used, and consider if it was the 'best' way to present it.....was that the way I would want to be addressed?

'WOW....Totally CGI, HOAX, Geez!'

"well, that looks cgi, see the pixels in the upper right hand corner?'

didn't take much more to change tone and still get the same point across
edit on 21-12-2012 by pointr97 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Look at the exponential uptick in fear and anger that we are all being stuffed with.

Yes, a great battle is being waged....but, somehow, we have been convinced that the battle is between me and you, democrat or republican, God fearing or godless.... Then entire time, the evil that we know to be true is slipping into our very souls and confusing us as to which decisions to make.

It isn't easy, trust me, I've been trying (and have perhaps used some catalysts to help 'close the outter world' in order to exist within myself. Some are stronger than that and don't need an extra tool, but most do). Try to never think a bad thought again, never snap to anger, never debate politics, never discuss religion. Do none of these things, unless they are within the context of the fact that everyone is right and everything is true; we are just trying to figure out how the game is played, and how to win it.

We take drugs and alcohol because the world is a mirage and we want to shut the outter world for a little while and go into ourselves w/o influence from any others. We become addicts because we don't want to go back.

If you use tools, use them wisely, do not become another version of the 60s which held so much promise but the greed of sex and drugs destroyed the beauty of unity of mind and soul.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Does anyone find it funny that, we are discussing a 5000 year, galactic alignment cycle, etched in a stone, over 2000 years ago....which is CORRECT. We, 8000 years later (there was an end of a cycle between)....are the only proof that people from a time before we can comprehend....before we can fathom what the world looked like....can now add proof that they were correct in what they etched.

And we, with our multibillion dollar machines scanning the skies instead of shaman....aren't even sure how many planets are in our solar system.
edit on 21-12-2012 by NoMoreAngerToChangeTheWor because: Yeah, I f**ked up on my Mayan existence math. I should have consulted the universe, and not some piss poor website of unknown legitimacy.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by pointr97
reply to post by eriktheawful

Your right, and there are plenty of threads i avoid on title alone...However, I ask you, what is the intent behind the action of someone that starts that thread? Are they starting it to inform, or question, or ask? Does it go with the spirit of this website?

For that, you'd have to ask the OP of that thread. Only they can answer it.

The spirit of this website? That would be a mater of opinion, because you can only get out of ATS what you put into it.
If all that get's put in by someone is hate, anger, flaming, trolling for the lulz, then that is really all that person will get out of it.

If on the other hand a person really tries here, researches, reads, listens, explain when they can, question when they need to, and learn from others that are on here (because we can all learn something from someone), then I think ATS will actually be good for them.

But then, that is just my humble opinion on the "spirit" of this website.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
The ATS should, I believe, transform itself as we all have either been 'drawn to' do or 'at wits end and need something'. We all see the evil, we all know the good. Religious doctrines have told a lot of things....and the masses give more credence to some Nostradamus random words poetic coincidences instead of the simple fact that everything in Revelation is something that we can't deny. How would that have been so spot on? Because, per the Mayan calendar, there have been several cycles. Why would doctrines be hidden in pots deep in caves? To hide them from the destruction and the evil that would stop the message from being passed to the next cycle, such that they may make a better attempt.

I don't follow any specific religion, And the Bible has been translated too many times by the mind of men to consider 100% truth....but the fables can easily be equated to real world events.

If NOTHING ELSE, I think the ATS should be a place to unify every religion and personal story of existence and oddity that everyone experiences. Positive responses instead of antagonistic opposing viewpoints. If you look at both sides of most arguments....I guarantee a common thread can be found. Drop the additional baggage which differs, and move forward.

Use this site to remind yourself to not forget....because it is tough to go back to work and still remember that it is all just a game, and we are not meant to be the pieces, we are meant to unify to one team only...and it's our only hope.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   

You just never know.....maybe it has been quiet because he was working

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Even Dr. Phil knew it was bs!

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
There were some who absolutely knew for a fact something was happening. Look asst well bobas thread floor instance.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Ahhh the most ridiculous question you could have asked

“why are you here”

In other words if you don’t believe in this stuff why bother posting, we see comments like this time and time again they always come after something has been “debunked” in my experience. I see this mostly on the 9/11 forum, you know the “well if you don’t believe in conspiracies why bother posting here”.

I have a big problem with attitudes like this, because they also say “if you don’t agree with me why you are here” in other words you only want people who agree with you or at the very least agree with some of what you are saying. If there was no one about before 2012 to say to you all “nothing will happen” ATS would have been full of people who all believed something was going to happen. You don’t like it when somebody says “no that’s just wrong”, most of what is posted on ATS is usually incorrect in some way. If we didn’t have members who would say “errr nope” and a forum full of yes-men then ignorance would run repent, the motto “Deny ignorance” would mean nothing.

If we take your argument to the extreme, let’s say you post a thread claiming that an orange is actually a blue fruit.

So the inevitable happens I post a picture of a whole basket of oranges and point out to you that none of them are blue and that Oranges are really orange and not blue followed by the infamous words “told you so”.

If we take you logic then apparently it is reasonable for you to then say “why are you even here then on this thread if you don’t believe me” that is just utterly stupid, if all the sane people did not post to correct you then we would have a thread full of people who believe oranges are blue and ignorance would prevail.

The same philosophy applies to all threads, you need somebody who will say to you “no”, someone who will critique your conspiracies and bull them to bits, someone to debunk them. If your conspiracy can survive that then it might actually be true, something that I believe to be incredibly rare. ATS needs people who will look at the other side of the coin, it’s the whole reason behind my name. without people like me this place would suck, there would be no debate and you would learn nothing.

I think ATS should change, no longer should it say that it sides with the conspiracy but rather it should say it sides with the truth.

edit on 22-12-2012 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
get ready for the ultimate sucker punch.

wasn't the 21st.. but the...

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

You and I are on two completely different pages, please re-read what I wrote. At no point did I say people shouldn't disagree with each, in fact I support it. That is what keeps everyone honest. This is part of the issue, just seeing a topic and jumping in with a response without both reading and understanding the discussion.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Yea I wont make a "I told you so thread". You think that all people who would make that thread are just trolling. Maybe they are and maybe they aren't, but what about the people who without a doubt in there mind believed in a 2012 doomsday. They spewed "info" about that date for years and when another person said they were wrong they just shut people down. Like what gives someone the "right" to tell another person for so long that SOMETHING will happen on a certain day, they are so positive they would probably bet there 1st sons life on something happening, and when nothing does you expect the other person to stay silent, no there going to speak up. People were wrong and are now trying to act all humble about it. Im glad no one has made the "I told you so thread" but calling people out in another thread saying not to make it is just as bad as making the thread you are talking about.

P.S. We all told you so.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by caf1550
Yea I wont make a "I told you so thread". You think that all people who would make that thread are just trolling. Maybe they are and maybe they aren't, but what about the people who without a doubt in there mind believed in a 2012 doomsday. They spewed "info" about that date for years and when another person said they were wrong they just shut people down. Like what gives someone the "right" to tell another person for so long that SOMETHING will happen on a certain day, they are so positive they would probably bet there 1st sons life on something happening, and when nothing does you expect the other person to stay silent, no there going to speak up. People were wrong and are now trying to act all humble about it. Im glad no one has made the "I told you so thread" but calling people out in another thread saying not to make it is just as bad as making the thread you are talking about.

P.S. We all told you so.

I understand how you feel, it is the same way I feel about every religious zealot out there preaching to me that their God is the Right God, that their way is the Right way....BAH......

I applaud you with your expression, have at it if it makes you feel good....personally, I come here for ideas, if they aren't proven correct through logic, science, or time.....I just move on, don't waste time dwelling on it.

Merry Christmas, and Happy Holidays....
edit on 22-12-2012 by pointr97 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join