To the ones that will 'I told you so.' on 2012.....

page: 1
7
<<   2 >>

log in

join

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Why are you here?

This is a website devoted to pushing the bounds, specialized in drawing links between unrelated events, piecing a puzzle together to paint a picture the masses are too lazy or dim witted enough to comprehend.

Dec 21,2012 is not over, and as the clock struck the hour, more and more were coming out and starting these types of 'i knew nothing would happen, you guys are fools'....This was a scenario that was actually more believed in by the world than Y2K, and we had a solid actual reason why bad stuff would happen (remember the whole computer dating thing). This was a day that a good portion of the planet actually thought something bad would happen to the point that a good portion of Russia is in a 'complex emergency'. Whether it be from the extreme temps or from the government enacting a bit of civil control because they are flighty, doesn't matter. Their government came out and tried to reassure people.

This website is a home of free thinkers, of problem solvers, of individuals who do not trust the party line because it IS the party line...I have spent most of the day with my team who are very intelligent and open minded individuals...And what we did was spend the day talking scenarios, from LIBOR scandal and ties to the shootings to what plausible incident is causing the event in another thread in alaska. Not once did any of us just shoot an idea down outright, we listened and debated (meaning present counter arguments in a respectful manner).

A topic is presented in a thread, we discuss it, and some are outlandish, agreed, but for anyone that starts a 'I Told You Thread'....waste of space and proof that you are not here for any other reason than to be a troll. What this site brings to the table is outside the box thinking, ideas that are trying to make sense of chaos or shed more light on the propaganda that we are fed as a mass. Most of the threads I read, not a single OP puts their foot down and states, 'I'm right and this is Fact'....not one......most thread start or end, 'ran across this, what do you guys thing or input please?'

We are a culture that tends to not accept anything on face value, and try to see deeper meaning in an event, even NEO (and I respect his position even though I rarely agree). A thread devoted to telling people they are wrong has no place here because it is gaining nothing but giving 'you' a high horse. Save it or go away. Bullying in school causes kids to withdraw....That is Not What This SIte Is About....Period. This site is the last stop for people with ideas, or thoughts, or experiences to express them without 'judgment', they might receive criticism but it should never be judgment.

We start threads to cow members for expressing their ideas......Close up shop, go put your tin foil caps on, hide in your mom's basement, and put on a doctor who marathon, because you won't be able to express your theories to anyone in the real world if this site starts entire threads based on 'na na, your wrong, ha ha'.

Merry Christmas ATS, Happy New Year, Peace and Happiness to all, remember, treat your fellow man and woman as you want to be treated......I still have 4+ hours left on 12/21/12


Pointr97
edit on 21-12-2012 by pointr97 because: (no reason given)


PS-I wasn't sold on the end being today, but not going to dismiss it completely, but what got me was that 12/21/12 wasn't even finished and people started coming out saying these things, seriously what if it is on Hawaii time?
edit on 21-12-2012 by pointr97 because: (no reason given)




posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by pointr97
 

Even though ive never been completely sold on the whole 21/12/12 date thing, i do believe thats theres always a possiblity that we may be entering an new age.
As for the "i told you so" people, they had nothing to lose, and the believers, everything. Its a lot easier to say a highly unlikely thing will happen than it will not.



posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by thedoctorswife
 


Agreed, we, humans, live on a powder keg everyday.....it doesn't take a Mayan calendar to mark the end, count the ways that on any given day the brown stinky stuff could hit the round spinny thing.....Yellowstone, New Madrid, or Nibiru....I very much hope this is the end, that it isn't a catastrophe, and that the end came and went and no on noticed...Because it is gradual shift into a better place. An end is not always a bad thing.



posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by pointr97
This website is a home of free thinkers, of problem solvers, of individuals who do not trust the party line because it IS the party line.


Is it not free thinking to question even this site and it's people?

Are you not towing ANOTHER party line?



posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Lets try get this thread to the top, i'm really sick of 2012 failure threads. What the few people above me have said, is all true. Star and flag and stop the childish posts. People actually believed something will happen, wheres the admins to step in ? manners and decorum? that should stand for threads as well, some are just plain daft and insulting.

Lets get this thread an applause, simple.

MANNERS AND DECORUM
edit on 21-12-2012 by Wolvo because: typo



posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker

Originally posted by pointr97
This website is a home of free thinkers, of problem solvers, of individuals who do not trust the party line because it IS the party line.


Is it not free thinking to question even this site and it's people?

Are you not towing ANOTHER party line?



Devoting an entire thread to 'i told you so'? Yes, that is against the spirit of this site, an 'I told you so' is not bringing anything new to the table.



posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by pointr97
 


How many of these types of threads need to be made?

Not that I have been looking, but I have not seen a single 'I told you so' comment. Yet for some strange reason, I have read many posts about people attacking the "I told you so's"



posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Hate to say I told you so, buuuttt.......
I knew this was a giant hoax.
Doesn't matter, another will soon rise to take its place unfortunately...
edit on 21-12-2012 by imawlinn because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wolvo
Lets try get this thread to the top, i'm really am sick of 2012 failure threads, and what the few people above me have said is all true. star and flag and stop the childish posts. people actually believed something will happen, wheres the admins to step in ? manners and decorum? that should stand for threads as well, some are just plain daft and insulting.
edit on 21-12-2012 by Wolvo because: typo


Agreed, you know when I tell people of this site, I say, 'a lot is total bunk, but there are things that you will not find anywhere else, the big Japanese quake was here before anywhere else'....Yes, we get all kinds, because great ideas come from all sides and sometimes it takes a bizarre personality to shed light on a topic. Why would we go and spend time telling people they were wrong in an entire thread, make a post and give your argument, fine, but not a thread....This is a site for civil debate.



posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I would interpret the motto "deny ignorance" to mean "question everything" not just "question the official story" like you postulate.

If someone posts an outlandish theory with little to no evidence, should we just accept it as true if it attacks any sort of authority figure?

No, if someone says something, you question it and use your brain, it doesn't matter if the person behind it is the government, the bankers, a person in the street or a poster on ATS, your "position" does not make you correct, your facts make you correct.



posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by pointr97
reply to post by thedoctorswife
 


Agreed, we, humans, live on a powder keg everyday.....it doesn't take a Mayan calendar to mark the end, count the ways that on any given day the brown stinky stuff could hit the round spinny thing.....Yellowstone, New Madrid, or Nibiru....I very much hope this is the end, that it isn't a catastrophe, and that the end came and went and no on noticed...Because it is gradual shift into a better place. An end is not always a bad thing.


Your totally right there. I remember that day years ago, when i got my baby from the childminder, sat to give her her bottle and turned the tv on, only to see the second plane fly in to the world trade center, i thought the world was gonna end. And a couple of years ago, getting up and seeing the destuction of the Japanese earthquake. yeah your right, we never know whats round the corner.



posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I would never stoop so low as to say "I told you so" even though I never believed that the world would end or will end by midnight tonight.

Heck, I wasn't worried because I have survived 5 "end-of-the-world" scenarios already.



posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dispo
I would interpret the motto "deny ignorance" to mean "question everything" not just "question the official story" like you postulate.

If someone posts an outlandish theory with little to no evidence, should we just accept it as true if it attacks any sort of authority figure?

No, if someone says something, you question it and use your brain, it doesn't matter if the person behind it is the government, the bankers, a person in the street or a poster on ATS, your "position" does not make you correct, your facts make you correct.


Did I at any point say not to?.....I'm pretty sure I said keep it in the thread it is presented in....not to create a thread just to dog others, I went looking for the 'what now we cant create 'i told you threads''.....Thank you ATS for removing that one, but there was a thread started almost 24 hours ago saying they should have the right to create threads based on it. My point is that we are here to talk about ideas, if you have a different perspective or idea as to why the presenter is wrong, give it....question and refute...but don't just belittle a person for their idea.



posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikelkhall
I would never stoop so low as to say "I told you so" even though I never believed that the world would end or will end by midnight tonight.

Heck, I wasn't worried because I have survived 5 "end-of-the-world" scenarios already.


Good for you, seriously, you were well informed to be prepared, you bloody boy scout...but smart enough not to sell all your stuff or give it away (never understood those people)....you hedged your bets, if it did end, well....no sweat you were prepared, if not......Go To Work



posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by pointr97
 


I think the "I tolds you so" from the claims such as Nibiru warant the I told you so....and we should debate and if necessary call out what we percieve to be in some respects "crap". We can push the boundaries of what some consider rational thinking but we are also entitled to criticise that what we consider to be irrational or far fetched because even ATS at times is a misinformation machine by default.



posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by imawlinn
Hate to say I told you so, buuuttt.......
I knew this was a giant hoax.
Doesn't matter, another will soon rise to take its place unfortunately...
edit on 21-12-2012 by imawlinn because: (no reason given)


Say it here...in this thread.....All you want, as OP, I give you free reign......Lay it out. I will not contradict at all, i just don't want members that were very much on the belief side to see thread after thread of 'you idiots'.



posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by pointr97
 

I haven't really seen alot of creditable proof that something horrible was going to happen today but I could be wrong. There is a chance we aren't going to see alot of I told you so threads today or tomarrow because the mods said "doing that is against the terms and conditions" but I agree it's a waste of space and could hurt someone's feelings.There is name calling of both sides of the spectrum heck i've been called shill, asleep, disinfo agent, idiot ect but that's life. Most people on this site are pretty open minded and don't usually shoot down a idea outright but alot of times people will spread wrong info or not fully grasp the topic they are talking about and they hate if someone calls them out on it. I have more to say but i'm literally typing this thread with one eye closed and about to fall asleep so sorry about any misspelled words and grammatical errors, I will add more tomarrow. Goodnight and happy Kwanzaa

I know i'm out of it when I typed Quanza at first haha



posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrismarco
reply to post by pointr97
 


I think the "I tolds you so" from the claims such as Nibiru warant the I told you so....and we should debate and if necessary call out what we percieve to be in some respects "crap". We can push the boundaries of what some consider rational thinking but we are also entitled to criticise that what we consider to be irrational or far fetched because even ATS at times is a misinformation machine by default.


True....you should call out obvious BS, and we have a few loud members that do that frequently. I'm still on the fence about nibiru, only because I see it as 'plausible'...but I like to have science behind the call outs. Your point is well spoken though, take everything here with a grain of salt and challenge it. The purpose of this thread is there is no reason to create threads with the sole intent to insult others beliefs....does that make sense?



posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by nancyliedersdeaddog
reply to post by pointr97
 

I haven't really seen alot of creditable proof that something horrible was going to happen today but I could be wrong. There is a chance we aren't going to see alot of I told you so threads today or tomarrow because the mods said "doing that is against the terms and conditions" but I agree it's a waste of space and could hurt someone's feelings.There is name calling of both sides of the spectrum heck i've been called shill, asleep, disinfo agent, idiot ect but that's life. Most people on this site are pretty open minded and don't usually shoot down a idea outright but alot of times people will spread wrong info or not fully grasp the topic they are talking about and they hate if someone calls them out on it. I have more to say but i'm literally typing this thread with one eye closed and about to fall asleep so sorry about any misspelled words and grammatical errors, I will add more tomarrow. Goodnight and happy Kwanzaa

I know i'm out of it when I typed Quanza at first haha


Your point is exactly what I'm trying to bring to the table.....Let us move past 2012 (if i survive the next few hours we have left)......move into 2013 with a new respect for each other, civilities of debating and the concept of this website haven.....It is the only website I keep up at work to monitor current news, because I know 'true or false', i will at least see it here first. Thank you guys for that....and allowing us to then examine it after you break it.



posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by pointr97
 


For a start. 2012 is an entire year. You mean 21/12/2012 as opposed "on 2012".

Secondly, yes. The old "Why are you here" question. Usually applied liberally around the area of hurt, namely the butt, after one has been slightly upset by the fact people don't agree with them about everything under the sun on ATS. ATS, the website where if you are not a lunatic, then some people will point at you and snarl "WHY ARE YE HERE THEN, IF YE ARE NOT ONE OF US MANIACS? YARRRR???" while maintaining that it is in the pursuit of truth and justice and the American way!!

"Get out of my forums and stop being logical, it harms my buzz man.."





top topics
 
7
<<   2 >>

log in

join