It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why People Who Are Brainwashed Should Have Their Mouths Stitched Shut.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Yes, I am angry right now, thanks for asking.

My friend yelled and bitched at me because I don't "believe" in Christmas. I know all the Pagan solstice stuff, and frankly it made me despise the holiday, along with most others. Also, just like Valentines Day, its a pretty painted up corpprate scam to make big chunks of the population blow money on over priced non-quality crap. I despise that.

But, because my friend said so, "Christmas is the time of Jesus's birth! It's not about that Pagan stuff!"

Then she proceeded to spell out that voicing my beliefs annoyed her.

Boo hoo.

Christmas is about Christians merging with Pagans, spending all your hard earned money to buy expensive crap that your kids won't apreciate that was made in a Chinese or Indonesian sweat shop, and for people to commit
suicide.

That's what Christmas is all about.

That's

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Christmas is for the kid's, My son has been getting excited for the last couple of months and I know he will appreciate the new 3ds he will be getting as a surprise. I dont believe in god or anything and I'm not expecting much more than a few stocking fillers myself but I will enjoy my meal and get drunk then fall asleep.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
There's so many more religions involved in Christmas then you know

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by lewman
Christmas is for the kid's, My son has been getting excited for the last couple of months and I know he will appreciate the new 3ds he will be getting as a surprise. I dont believe in god or anything and I'm not expecting much more than a few stocking fillers myself but I will enjoy my meal and get drunk then fall asleep.

I disagree, xmas is for the corporations, a final heave ho if yu will.
Corporations just use our children and loved ones against us is all.
Sure your kid will love the toy, in 3 months it will be at the bottom of his drawer covered in chewing gum and dresser lint.
I will agree the food and booze is great but, I eat and drink that good all year long.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by XxNightAngelusxX

I don't know why you're letting yourself get so worked up about it.

From my perspective, it seems that both of you were trying to push your beliefs onto one another. Since it is obvious that you are both set in your ways, and are not going to change your opinions, it seems completely pointless to even get involved in a discussion about this subject.

edit on 12/21/12 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Oh, your friend definitely would not like me - or my Festivus pole.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX

Early christians did not merge the two religions together,
a roman emperor did.
Yeshua was not born on December the 25th,christmas is
a pagan holiday.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Ha! My wife is pentecostal and doesn't celebrate Christmas (Yes!!!) We don't exchange gifts between ourselves but we have gotten a couple of gifts for a couple of friends.

Oh, and I don't buy gifts for children. Only for adults. I'm not going to pretend I know what a child wants these days... unless its a boy approaching or around 10 yrs old... because a glove and baseball can last forever.
edit on 21-12-2012 by six67seven because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Christmas is the one day in a year that we remind ourselves of what we should be doing everyday of the year.

-Merry Christmas

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Christmas is real, it is December 25th. It's a legal holiday. Everything you said is pretty true but not all people look at Christmas the same way. It is not worth arguing with people about, just buy a few presents and pretend to fit into their disillusion or make them a present. We are making homemade Cinnamon Toast to give to everyone. I'm not saying any more, one of my relatives may be peaking.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

All the people celebrating that the world didn't end are doing it on the real day. We need to have two holidays plus new years eve from now on.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by FanarFanar

Originally posted by XxNightAngelusxX

You rule.

edit on 22/12/12 by JAK because: T&C compliant quote correction.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   

yep, it is a hard time for those who do not subscribe to the mass belief system.

I got the tree up and some lights, but everyone is getting a bag of oranges from me on the day we all catch up. That is why people originally celebrated and sat down and shared their food, the end of the long winter and they shared out what was left from their storage over winter, their fruit and food. The lights on the tree were exactly that, the snow was melting and the lights sparkled. People were happy cos winter is a bitch at the best of times.

and the other rational for me is why the hell would anyone celebrate some poor person being born only to be crucified? what are we all a bunch of sadists?

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Im not in any way religious but I look forward to Christmas every year.

To me its the only day all my family make the effort to come together and share a day with each other.
Yeah pressies are a part of it but none of us blow our wad.

Good food, a few beers and a few pairs of socks or a book plus a day to see family that usually are too busy to make the time to see each other.

I feel sorry for you and your scrooge like attitude.

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I'm just being realistic.

I like thinking logically and Christmas is a Pagan/Roman sham.

I don't care if some people think they can celibrate holidays without following the Pagan/Roman traditions, I don't like the holidays anymore.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 06:59 AM
link   

top topics

join