It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doomsday re-scheduled? Archaeological record suggests Mayan Armageddon is Sunday

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
so far never tought we still doom in any case let me go get my cans of sodas an the 300 candles y put in the shed.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
lol, and when that date misses, more dates will be created

my god. give it up people

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Ah now come on, I've only just after going out to purchase the wife a Christmas present after being able to put it off for so long thinking the end if the world was coming.

Now you tell me I didn't need to bother?

FFS!

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012
YAY!! Doom on!! I love it. If/when Sunday doesn't happen, what will be the next date associated with the Mayans?

Therefore the Mayan calendar's cycle, which some argue marks the end of days, might correspond to Sunday instead of the widely-rumored Friday, Carmen Rojas, an archaeologist with Mexico’s National Institute of Anthropology and History has revealed to the Los Angeles Times.

Link

What say you?

LOL

This is why , and I kid you not, at the beginning of the year, I literally marked on my calender December 21, 22 and 23 with the words "*Party?" written above each date. Because I knew it was gonna take a while before reality finally sank in.
edit on 22-12-2012 by skepticconwatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I believe I once read that the calendar actually ends in 2017.
So let's watch for that year being claimed after the 23rd passes.

...Damn, this round carved rock isn't going to get left alone for another 1,000 years, is it? -_-

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
The Mayan calendar in question has ended 13 times already! .. and guess what, we're still here..

The Mayans NEVER predicted the end of the world.. they have dates beyond December 2012 .. the whole thing is just ridiculous .. I wish the whole idea would just die already so we can move on to the next impending disaster lol

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by karen61560

Harold certainly did extend his deadline. He had it for May 22 2011 then changed it to be Oct 22, 2011. He was wrong both times LOL.

Thank you, I stand corrected. My memory was kind of hazy. I have been traumatized by so many world endings, I forgot how many there were. When the world's population triples do you think there will be three times as many?

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
@OP: Go Home! Now!

You're kidding right? That's an awful big pair of breeches you're wearing if you can get away with talking to people like that here, phage. The OP is home, and that's pretty damned crude of you.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCanuckian
reply to post by superman2012

How can one interpret the calendar this way when the professionals on Mayan Culture are saying this is all made up hollywood stories?
This researcher your quoting is a fraud, plain and simple and is more then happy to get a payout to keep the lies going.
Besides, saying "it may have" is not nearly proof enough to begin a threat. It's all a bunch of garbage.

I know this will continue with the next doomsday date people are easily swayed into, many are seeking the end of the world and they just love this kind of thing. So they keep perpetrating the lies.
These people don't deny ignorance they spread it.
edit on 22-12-2012 by TheCanuckian because: (no reason given)

Don't get your gotch in a knot! I'm only the messenger eh?
Some professionals say it is stories some say not, who to believe?

PS- It will NEVER end!! Muhahahahaha!

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61560
reply to post by superman2012

Isnt it the defination of insanity to do the same thing over and over and expect different results?

Isn't that why they have elections? To make sure that we are still insane?

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
It's approaching 12am est time on the 23rd. Let us know if you see anything odd today where you live so we can put this to rest.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Ah well it's almost Sunday..Makes me wonder though if they will continue pushing some things back; but you know I find it funny. So many places (online) and TV shows put so much emphasis on December 21st 2012 now it seems they are pushing it back a day.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Hm, 6:30 am for me, on Sunday, and the world's still here. In fact, the only calamity going on is that I want waffles for breakfast, but I'm out of maple syrup.
OMG, I'm out of maple syrup! IT TRULY IS THE BEGINNING OF THE END!

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by karen61560

Mine and yours, but that would be a whole new thread.
Let's just stick to the topic......lol
PLPL

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
I can predict earth changing disasters. Everybody can. There will be massive earthquakes, volcano eruptions, pole shifts, wars. The sun will go super nova. Earth will be destroyed. All life on earth will die. Predicting the dates gets a bit problematic.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Can we continue pointing and laughing yet?

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Myomistress

We're still alive! It's a Festivus miracle!

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
There are many correlations between the long count and the Gregorian calendar. The 12/21/12 date was based on the GMT correlation. There are others that go out 120 years.

It really doesn't matter since the Mayans only mention that their god of transitions is to be properly adorned on that day.

Anyone bother to do that? Did any of the Guatemalans grabbing bucks bother to do that? Did any of the con artists such as Drunvalo bother to do that?

What is with these frauds? They build up 2012 to line their pockets with the money of the gullible and they never bothered to follow through with the only thing that Mayans wrote about.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join