It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doomsday re-scheduled? Archaeological record suggests Mayan Armageddon is Sunday

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Turkenstein
reply to post by superman2012

I just read an interesting thread that suggested that "calendar" is just a big board game

psml... I heard it was a game of chess!

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   
I'll be happy to have the day off as I was in between long shifts during the big day. Today's world doesn't afford the clock punchers to deviate from their world for so many spiritual possibilities. Darn jobs getting in everybody's way. If it is a miss will somebody please post Morrissey singing , "Everyday is like Sunday"? Thanks!

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Dang it, I just went back a page and now I'm to understand it's the 23rd? Crikey, I'll be back to work. I give up...

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012
While everyone was pre-occupied with today ( Dec.21), if it happened on Sunday, would that not fit into the "comes like a thief in the night" crowd?

ps- Love it.

Not Anymore....

See the irony is I was just reading a post by someone who was asking why people couldn't just leave the 2012ers to be themselves etc, and not rub it in their faces. Meanwhile there are those that are actually still trying to grasp at straws rather then admit they might have been mistaken...

Friday was supposed to be then end of all this nonsense and now..ughh.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   
I knew this might happen...
Allow me to proceed to put my face into my hand and laugh softly with vague exasperation.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by EllaMarina
I knew this might happen...
Allow me to proceed to put my face into my hand and laugh softly with vague exasperation.

I was thinking more of tears of pain.....

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Well, there is one little hitch. Nostradomus wrote " The world will look up in wonder ( Galactic alignment i assume) and on the third day it will turn to horror" Not all of his predictions came true, but lets hope this one does'nt. There is no doubt an earth changing event will happen someday, picking the date of the event is problematic.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by unb3k44n7
I love the irony in this world; that so many are excited to live through the end of times. Looking forward to it, and hoping for it, rather. Should that not be a sure indicator that much is wrong in the world and we need to change our ways?

But Nooooo....

HURRY! PUT YOUR BLINDFOLDS AND EARMUFFS ON! WE WOULDN'T WANT YOU TO TAKE RESPONSIBILITY!

It's so messed up, it's almost comedic!!!! har.har.har.

You are right you know it is sadly ironic that people would look forward to the end of the world and dying. It is also sadly ironic that those same people would blame the world they live in instead of looking a little closer to home. I'm sorry but the world around you does not have to shape who you are. It's not societies responsibility to cheer people up and give them hope and love. It's your own responsibility to realize that life is something you should live for yourself. Not everyone else.

I realize that I am using a social media platform, but I have to say 99.9% of the problems we have today have been created by that same platform.
edit on 12/22/2012 by Phantom28804 because: (no reason given)

edit on 12/22/2012 by Phantom28804 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
I noticed that many are saying the date has changed, Which to me in a way is funny. I am sorry but I am not buying into the new date change. It just isn't going to happen.

However if the sky turns dark as night today or tomorrow well then I may end up falling to my knees with my mouth wide open and do some major praying. But I am not changing my life because a date has been changed for the so called doomsday. We all know sooner or later doomsday will happen. I just don't think any of us will know when it really comes.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
load of bunkum!

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I don't understand why they cannot just put their hands up and admit they were wrong instead of dragging this thing out. Let us enjoy Christmas.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I survived the 21st and now yous are telling me I have to do it all over again? back under the table I go.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   

I refuse to believe this can continue to be stretched out. It is over with and nothing happened. Today is the 22nd. We have been told for years it was the 21st...it is done.

Time to let the Maya doom and/or ascension stuff go...

On the plus side for some of you...I am sure someone, somewhere will find a new reason to sell fear.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
so when sunday is just a sunday.....tuesday ?

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
It was a Solar Calender, and it ended on the Winter Solstice

case closed

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   

In the article you provided it says:

"All of these factors made Rojas believe that the 13th baktun cycle, which equates to 144,000 days or 394.26 tropical years, ends on Sunday; while others say it might be off by a full year or more."

The last part of the above sentence is what really stands out to me:

"WHILE OTHERS SAY IT MIGHT BE OFF BY A FULL YEAR OR MORE."

Honestly people...the MSM and TPTB just want this (cash cow) to keep on going; so that they can add to their bank balances.

I am so over all this (end of days gloom and doom)....enough already!!!!!!!...

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Matthew 24:36
36 “But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son,[a] but only the Father.

We can speculate all we want to, but only the father knows.

PLPL

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by CoolStoryMan

False.
the mayans never accounted for leap years, their calendar shoulda ended 7 years ago

Actually, the way I understand it, it makes no difference.

The Mayan calendar is based on a Solar cycle while our calendar is based on a Lunar cycle which for some reason I can not recall, makes some kind of difference. Of course I could be very wrong but this was explained to me a while back by someone.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

I see what you are saying by keeping something going...but explain how this is a cash cow ??

Is it keeping us all trapped in the old system ? Yes, Yes, you are right !

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by ParasuvO

It would be a cash cow when you account for all the gullable people that went out and bought, guns, ammo, food, supplies, flash lights, batteries etc. Or just watch the news for hours on end looking for anything that might happen. The internet you pay for to continue to research, the televsion you pay for to watch for signs. The electricity you are using, the gasoline bought for generators.. The generators. I think you get the point.

Oh and also the people that went to Mexico and other places for the doomsday resort specials etc.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join