It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would make us forget?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Since I'm here on ATS now (and loving it!), I might as well ask, to see if anyone can enlighten me a little.

2 years ago come January, me and OH was on our way home late evening. Sky was dark and we were driving. As we approached our exit, we saw two large glowing (a kind of warm yellow) balls of light just above the three lines. I'm not good with distances, but it would have taken us about 3 minutes to drive towards them (however, we were at our exit), and they were large... really large.

I'm not actually trying to figure out what the two lights were... I cared then, but not now.
Call them UHOs... unidentified hovering objects... and no, I don't mean alien spaceships. I got no idea what they were, nor claim to have any idea what they were. Unidentified.. that's all I know, as I've never seen anything like it.

We were discussing them as we went over the overpass, and I told OH I wanted to check twitter coming home to see if anyone else had seen something in the area.

And then we forgot! Forgot we'd seen the two lights! Between the overpass and home, it's only a 5 minute drive... and by the time we got home we'd completely forgotten what we'd seen.

It wasn't until 2 months later, in March that year, again driving home, as I was looking up into the nightsky, that I remembered (this time seeing 3 planes align, and standing still for so long I figured they couldn't be planes anyway... maybe helicopters). I turned to OH and just said "Oh my goodness - remember the huge balls of light we saw!?!"... and that triggered his memory too.

We've discussed them often since, but never as to what they were, simply the fact that we forgot! Considering it was something unusual, that neither of us had seen before, I find it very odd that we both forgot in a 5 minute timespan after we saw them. Especially since we were discussing said subject (at some point in those 5 minutes we must have stopped talking about what we saw and simply forgotten it)... Ok, so I can be a scatter brain (too much happeing up there at the same time), and will often stick shopping bags, and other stuff that doesn't belong there, in the fridge... but I'm pretty certain I'd be able to hold the thought of something I'd never seen before in my life, for 5 minutes, until I got the chance to check twitter... and my OH is not a scatter brain at all.

So... what could make us forget? If you don't belive that we saw what we saw, for the sake of an answer, feel free to pretend you believe it, and let me know what could have caused us both to forget. Any ideas welcome, as I'm puzzled.

Thank you!

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
VERY interesting, has me stumped...

My first thought is some type of spiritual connection...

EDIT: Just searched ATS: Linky

Came up with this:

Originally posted by ManInAsia
Instances of UFOS/bright lights in plain sight but other drivers driving on, people being asked to look but refusing/ignoring the request, memory loss until a mention from other eyewitnesses jogged their memory again (or sometimes other passengers still have no memory of the incident whatsoever).

Here are a few more examples of strange behaviours during sightings.

www.examiner.com...
(Husband and wife see same object, husband completely forgets until wife reminds husband only 30 minutes later on. Interestingly husband and wife are driving separate cars)
www.rense.com...

a) Do you think that the UFOs are basically causing short-term memory loss in witnesses to many of these events ?

SOURCE: www.abovetopsecret.com...

BTW OP:

You will probably see some posts here telling you:

Go to the doctor and get meds.

Please ignore them...

Those are actually the ones that REALLY need the help.

edit on 21-12-2012 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Murgatroid
VERY interesting, has me stumped...

My first thought is some type of spiritual connection...

Thank you for the answer! Spiritual connection to what? A higher power? Why would it/they want us to forget? I feel kind of cheated, though... at that time I was working as a barmaid and I would have had a ball telling all the customers about what I saw.

BTW OP:

Please ignore them...

Hahahahaha - I don't mind.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by aspiechick
Spiritual connection to what? A higher power?

I have no idea to be honest....

I would think it would HAVE to be a higher power.

Why would it/they want us to forget?

I think that may be the KEY to the puzzle perhaps.

I don't believe in coincidences or luck.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Another search turned up this:

Originally posted by antar
Can we continue or am I banging my head against a wall? Is it possible there are members here that understand this ET presence that could shed some light on why I was allowed to remember the most telling part of this experience when I have read so many times about total memory loss after such an event? I have to believe that it was so that one day I could share the story with others.

Source: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Apparently this has happened to others many times...

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Thank you so much for the links! Have been having a read (and I tried searching here too, but I only put ball of light and memory loss, and didn't really find any usable links... never tried it with "UFO" in it though!).

I especially find the link to the examiner interesting... when we saw the lights we actually had three cameras with us! My cell phone, OHs BB and my Samsung camera in my handbag - and neither of us even considered taking a picture. Hahahahaha! Considering I take about 20-30 pictures a day, that does seem like very strange behaviour indeed.

I don't belive in UFO's as alien spaceships. I'd like to think that if there's life out there intelligent enough to build spaceships, they'd be intelligent enough to stay away from the human race.
So I know for a fact that I didn't see the lights, beacuse I wanted to see something unusual in the sky... and even if I did, it would still not explain OH seeing it too.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by aspiechick
I don't believe in UFO's as alien spaceships.

You are absolutely 1000% correct: they are NOT what they appear to be.

Another search:

Some abductees do not know they have been abducted because the demons erase their memory of the abduction and replace that memory with a "screen memory".

Signs of Abduction

Instances of UFO mind control are, in actuality, relatively common! Yet little has been written on the subject. Only a handful of pioneers into the psychic aspects of UFOlogy have ventured to discuss this topic at all, for it is an area heavily laden with supernatural overtones.

An exhaustive study of my own shows that cases of UFO mind control are almost always identical. Frightfully so! The following patterns have emerged, over and over:

After a close confrontation with a flying saucer, the viewer goes through a period of anxiety, during which he is unable to consciously remember certain aspects of what has transpired.

Identifying the UFO Entities – Part Two

Those, who supposedly had encounters with fairies, would often experience memory loss or find that more time, even years, had passed in the real world, which is reminiscent of the amnesia or missing time experienced by UFO abductees. Like modern UFO entities, fairies were believed to enrich their genetic stock by having sex with humans or abducting human bodies and replacing them with “changelings”.

Some UFO encounters have involved tiny beings which are only a few inches tall and appear identical to the popular images of fairies.

Identifying the UFO Entities – Part One

edit on 21-12-2012 by Murgatroid because: Added link

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   

BTW OP:

Please ignore them...

Those are actually the ones that REALLY need the help.

It's also likely you'll be asked what kind of "meds" you were on at the time.

My experience was one of self induced hypnotic suggestion (I think) and lasted for more than 2 years.
After 25 years of not playing guitar I bought a brand new electric guitar and found it had a "pull switch" on the tone knob. I had no clue what to use that switch for and (I guess) told myself to "forget about it".
A couple of years later I wanted to customize the guitar with new internals and didn't discover the switch until I took the thing apart - then it all came back to me. It was one of the strangest experiences I've had, as my memory is often said to be remarkable (especially if mathematics or numbers is involved).

Pure speculation on my part, but I thought it relevant to your thread - maybe it was a weird enough experience to put you two in "auto suggestion" mode.

ganjoa
edit on 22-12-2012 by ganjoa because: add emoticon

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by ganjoa

It's also likely you'll be asked what kind of "meds" you were on at the time.

Hahahahaha - I don't mind that either.

Pure speculation on my part, but I thought it relevant to your thread - maybe it was a weird enough experience to put you two in "auto suggestion" mode.

Yes - that does indeed seem like a plausible solution. I've thought of that a few times, always thinking of the book "From a Buick 8" (Stephen King), where the characters in the book is trying to explain to eachother what they've seen, and all they can think of is "so different".

Maybe both me and OHs brain just went on shut-down (and yours with the guitar! How funky!) having seen something that we couldn't explain. Might have been different if we'd been children, and still learning how the laws of physics appear to us visually (again I either read a story or an article of what would happen if people saw someone levitate... the child in the story/article just giggled and found it funny, whereas the adult found it horrifying).

edit on 22-12-2012 by aspiechick because: Messed up the "quote" signs.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 02:48 AM
link   

You are absolutely 1000% correct: they are NOT what they appear to be.

I don't think there was anything bad about the lights at all. There was no feeling of "evil" (I've felt that before... but not an evil presence as such, but that in some places acts so terrible has been done that the walls soak up the evil), nor were we frightened.

If anything, OH having been brought up as a Catholic, might have envisioned it as something angelic. But he too, like me forgot it...

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by aspiechick

From what 'I' understand..

You and your friend were meant to see this, but maybe you were right place, wrong time.

Therefore, to 'fix' this..you were stripped of the memory until it was time for you to 'remember' and address it.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by GreeneLight
You and your friend were meant to see this, but maybe you were right place, wrong time.

Ooooooo - really like that idea! A twist to the old "right place, right time". Makes it sound slightly mysterious, but quite fun at the same time.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by aspiechick

Everything happens for a reason, however..to my understanding, I do believe one could find a 'glitch'.

Also, it could have been that you were meant to see it then, but were not meant to address it until "X" amount of time after.

join