It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone get any new toys in the last few days?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotel1

You obviously dont live anywhere near me, because when you call in an emergency and ask the cop how soon they can be on the scene they dont look at their watches they look at a calender, and I think thats why there are so many people near me that have legally held firearms.

Gotta love it.

From November to April I cant get UPS, USPS, cops, medics or fire up my road. Yet I still have to pay the full tax load. Go figure.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by hotel1

How dare you sir, that kind of talk could get you shot in the part of England I live in

My bad, I should have never went down the path to mess with an Englishman's tea or sports....

edit on 23-12-2012 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mike U.
Glassbender777,

I am officially envious.
What an awesome score. My Remington 870 bows respectfully, sir.
Think I'm envious of that Eotech even more. My budget only allows for red dots like the Vortex Strikefire.
A decent enough red dot, but, it is no Eotech.
Nothing else comes close.

Personally I prefer Aimpoint over Eotech, but that is splitting hairs in choice... If I'm trying to go past 200 meters having a 2 moa red dot helps, but on a shotgun a much cheaper red dot is just find to do a good job.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

Gotta love it.

From November to April I cant get UPS, USPS, cops, medics or fire up my road. Yet I still have to pay the full tax load. Go figure.

I pay so much taxes they need to name a road after me....

I'm in a small town about 5 miles from the cop station, and If I got a call off they would most likely get there in 5 to 10 mins.....since a couple of guys gutted my car in less time, and it takes less than a minute to get from my door to my bed room I find cops as more of a backup than a first responder.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Sadly, I recently lost all of my toys, fell out of my canoe on a camping trip.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I picked up a Rock River operator and a bushmaster M-4 (both in .223), and then decided to get an XDm compact in .40 cal.

Got it home, put it in the gun safe, and THEN asked myself if I just threw away $2500. No idea whats going to happen next month when everything is banned and I get a phone call/letter to turn it all in.

Has this thought crossed anyone else's mind?

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by 200Plus
I picked up a Rock River operator and a bushmaster M-4 (both in .223), and then decided to get an XDm compact in .40 cal.

Got it home, put it in the gun safe, and THEN asked myself if I just threw away $2500. No idea whats going to happen next month when everything is banned and I get a phone call/letter to turn it all in.

Has this thought crossed anyone else's mind?

I truly see another 10 years of the Brady bill type response so I think you are in a good position. I would hate to see what America would do if somehow the courts said that the Government has the right to pick the "arms" that an American can have. It would get downright ugly if ALL semi-auto rifles and pistols were subjected to be turned in. Our jails would fill up 10x past max compactly in a week .

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

Well I guess if its intended for range only use, and will never be used as a practical defense weapon, nor as a hunting weapon, then fair enough. I mean, a paper target doesnt give a damn what colours are displayed before it. But surely outside of that, the colour scheme will be a disadvantage?

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by SiglenDyn
reply to post by Xtrozero

Sorry bro, I don't need guns to feel safe. Just sayin'...........................
edit on 21/12/12 by SiglenDyn because: (no reason given)

Typical sheep following lambs to the slaughter.....

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I just picked up a Rossi bras-tec ranch hand lever action pistol in .45LC . It shoots a bit high at 25 yards, but its not really designed to be a target pistol. Not really sure what it was designed as, but heck. It's a neat departure from my usual handgunnery.
While at the gun shop, there were nine folk lined up waiting on their 'instant' background check. The little old lady running the place said.it was a good fourty minutes from submittal to approval.
Then, they ran out of all semi auto rifles. Went through their entire pre-Christmas inventory .

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by DC434L2A

Pics, if you have them, please!

A range report would be cool too.

So many interesting firearms in the market right now.
It's a great time to be alive if this sort of thing interests you.

I did not add any new guns to the collection, but, I did find some 150 grain soft points for my Mosin-Nagants.
That's a minor miracle, in today's environment.
I've never seen so many "out of stock" signs in my life! Guns, ammo, accessories...JEEZ!

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I picked up a new lower a few days after the shooting, and a few more PMAGs, mainly because of the limit at the only local shop that had them. I was also given a CZ 612 for Christmas. My biggest score though was helping out at the store I bought my PMAGs from for a few days, and they ordered a Vortex Tripler for me.

Some stories from the store though, 95% of the calls were about AR-15s, a co-worker told a caller he would have better luck finding a unicorn than an AR, AR-15s were sold out the Wednesday after the shooting, by this Thursday, everyone was delayed on the background checks, and even after a limit of 1 mag per person, 2 cases of PMAGs were sold one week after the shooting.
edit on 31-12-2012 by BobSwagger because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I got a Sig P238 for my concealed carry. Wish I could have bought more ammo though.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Got a .22 conversion kit for the ar for christmas, last I checked Bass pro online still had some stuff left probably not by now though as it's been a few weeks. What a crazy hectic time to be a gun owner especially if your trying to buy ammo.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Recently i got a new toys.I like this toys.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join