It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone get any new toys in the last few days?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
If anyone hasn't noticed, EVERY semi-auto gun in the country has been bought up. All Ammo is also gone as is EVERY magazine over 10 rounds is now "out of stock" too. Big internet stores like budsgunshop.com went down yesterday with so many hits...you are lucky to get a single shooter 22L now...hehe

Well I saw it coming the day after the Sandy shooting...

I picked up...

1. a Daniel Defense V7 .556 and a DD 300 blackout upper.
2. 2500 more rounds of .556 and 200 rounds of 300 BKO
3. 200 Magpul 30rd mags
4. 5 Glock .40 15 rounds mags five 22 rounds mags

Not too bad of a day of shopping....

Any other stories?

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I bought a blue track mouse for my laptop,

But I'm the UK and that's the kinda toys we buy here.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Just finished an AR pistol build. Finished an AR lower but haven't decided on an upper yet. Just picked up enough powder and primers for several thousand rounds.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I just got myself a Antigunman
He runs around and snatches guns from the cowboys while they sleep
He gives it all to santa´s helpers and they melt down the metal and create toys for the poor
edit on 21-12-2012 by Spacespider because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

Sorry bro, I don't need guns to feel safe. Just sayin'...........................
edit on 21/12/12 by SiglenDyn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by roughycannon
I bought a blue track mouse for my laptop,

But I'm the UK and that's the kinda toys we buy here.

English are rather boring.....lawn bowling any one? need I say more?

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I was in one of the large gun shop/ranges in the area last thursday to pick up some AR parts. As usual, they had well over a 1000 long guns in stock. Just stopped in today and they were down to under 20 long guns in stock. Not a single semi in the store. All the shelves were picked clean. The only mags in the store were 2 20 rounders for an M1A and a 10 rounder for a Saiga sporter.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spacespider
He gives it all to santa´s helpers and they melt down the metal and create toys for the poor

With your view of the world, I'm glad you still believe in Santa....

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Gator
I was in one of the large gun shop/ranges in the area last thursday to pick up some AR parts. As usual, they had well over a 1000 long guns in stock. Just stopped in today and they were down to under 20 long guns in stock. Not a single semi in the store. All the shelves were picked clean. The only mags in the store were 2 20 rounders for an M1A and a 10 rounder for a Saiga sporter.

That is pretty much the same story across America right now. I went in to my local store to set up a FFL transfer and there was this older lady yelling at the counter guy who was trying to tell her he can't get the gun she wanted since there isn't one in the whole United States for sale...hehe

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero

Originally posted by Doc Gator

That is pretty much the same story across America right now. I went in to my local store to set up a FFL transfer and there was this older lady yelling at the counter guy who was trying to tell her he can't get the gun she wanted since there isn't one in the whole United States for sale...hehe

Interesting times. On the plus side, the value of my collection has doubled, if not tripled.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero

With your view of the world, I'm glad you still believe in Santa....

your right.. lets get some more guns into this world, its the solution to everything..

Guns for everyone even the kids ! you cant be to safe, you never no when the zombies come

edit on 21-12-2012 by Spacespider because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
To be honest brother, I don't think referring to guns as toys is appropriate.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by kimar

You may be right. Firearms have the potential to be deadly. But the vast majority of civilian owned firearms are used for recreational pursuits.

The fact is that motor vehicles kill and maim far more people than firearms do in this country. Would you have the same reaction if someone referred to a car or truck as a toy?

I'm not trying to be nasty. I'm just curious.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Doc Gator

I don't intentionally point my car at a pedestrian to kill them so I don't get your point, sorry.

edit on 21/12/12 by SiglenDyn because: type-o

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I haven't gotten any new "toys" since my birthday - but I've noticed that prices are up at least 25% on gunbroker, gunsamerica, & gunauction dotcom sites on pistols. Class 3 stuff hasn't changed in price much and ARs are up maybe 50%. Still some available.

However, I was going to sell two pistols, two rifles, and a 100-round 22 pistol with 4 magazines SO I'm really feeling a lot better about my chances of actually making a slight profit instead of the losses I was expecting! (DISCLAIMER: This is not a solicitation, no offers please)

ganjoa

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I was going to stock up on some more 30 rd. mags, but, instead got some much needed furniture for the Saigas, and, 2000 more rounds. of 5.56, and, 7.62x39 ammo for the ammo locker. I've been burning up some ammo this past month. No worries though, mate. Still have plenty of loaded mags on hand for when those nasty zombies show up. I just had a little space I wanted to fill with the mags.

Glad I got the furniture though. The online shooting supply houses have been SLAMMED.
Most of the stores I do business with have had to go offline due to the incredibly high volume of sales.

Do you think President Obama realizes he's the greatest gun salesman in the history of firearms? I wonder...

edit on 12/21/2012 by Mike U. because: speeling...

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   

your right.. lets get some more guns into this world, its the solution to everything.. un supply market

Guns for everyone even the kids ! you cant be to safe, you never no when the zombies come

Ya I get it, you hate guns. I was just trying to play with your post, but you know there is no less than 15 anti-gun posts that you can get your views across to the masses here on ATS with.

With my post here I wasn't trying to head down the political path as much as just talking about how this all is effecting the gun/gun supply market.

One question, what are you going to protest when the next idiot or crazy person kills people with something other than a gun? Will there be a point when you actually focus on the person that does the killing?

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by kimar

Well my post is in the weaponry forum, so I do not think people will mistake my post for something else than what it is, but you might be right to a point. I guess I could have used the word "tool" than to suggest an adult toy.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by SiglenDyn
reply to post by Doc Gator

I don't intentionally point my car at a pedestrian to kill them so I don't get your point, sorry.

I don't intentionally point my guns at people to kill them so I'm missing your point too.

Can we both agree that crazy people can and do point cars, guns and anything else they can at people?

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mike U.
I was going to stock up on some more 30 rd. mags, but, instead got some much needed furniture for the Saigas, and, 2000 more rounds. of 5.56, and, 7.62x39 ammo for the ammo locker. I've been burning up some ammo this past month. No worries though, mate. Still have plenty of loaded mags on hand for when those nasty zombies show up. I just had a little space I wanted to fill with the mags.

Glad I got the furniture though. The online shooting supply houses have been SLAMMED.
Most of the stores I do business with have had to go offline due to the incredibly high volume of sales.

Do you think President Obama realizes he's the greatest gun salesman in the history of firearms?

Wouldn't it be funny if he had investments in ammo companies?

I actually bought the 200 mags to resale down the road when they go for 100 to 200 a piece instead of 12 dollars. Banning just drives prices up, it doesn't actually restrict.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join