It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Live in A Computer Simulation!!!? Code of Reality Found, Same as Used in your PC!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by NJoyZ

I think one of the reasons an advanced technologically civilization would make such a simulation, would be for data mining purposes. All sorts of data could be harvested from a simulated universe. Entertainment,medical/interpersonal relationship problem solving. Think of all the TV shows, Movies, books and music that has been created so far. Plus all the strategies developed for military and business purposes, personnel life experiences and all the horrific weapons we have created and have in the water works...

Civilizations can evolve in all kinds of different ways. Look at the Chinese: they built a fairly sophisticated society and had the most advanced textile work in the world for a time. They thought nothing of the Europeans and felt that the British where inferior to them because of that. Well, sadly for the Chinese, Europe went a different way technologically and what it lacked in textile workmanship,banking and other skills/culture, it made up for it in gunsmithing.

Imagine a society that developed high levels of medical and computer(textile) technology because it never really fought a war and evolved more peacefully. Now imagine said civilization was facing a military threat from a neighbor, looming Civil War or even an invading alien civilization. I am sure they could give a crack at building some sophisticated weapons with the technology they have, but they lack the proper mindset and culture to build effective weapon systems. Not to mention the lack of time to fully test weapon systems.

An artificial universe would be their main answer(if they where advanced enough). They could see the evolution of weapons in a more war-like Universe from the beginning, and as the simulation progressed they could learn battle tactics and pick-up skills for combat. When the simulation became relevant, or technology became relevant for use, they could copy it in total ease. Knowing the full range of weapon capabilities, limitations, measures and counter-measures.

Conversely, imagine a civilization that was weapons/computer heavy but lacked medical knowledge and entertainment. A simulated Universe would prove to be an intellectual goldmine. Have a medical problem, download it into the simulation. Entertainment? The on-goings of the simulation or the culture(movies, literature and games) of the simulated Universe would prove to be the gift that keeps on giving.

Or imagine a civilization that was computer heavy but lacked everything else. It isn't hard to imagine such a civilization as the first mechanical computers where built in Ancient Greece. Imagine a situation where a Mystery Cult, a Priesthood, or a school of private knowledge(like the ancient math cults) spend hundreds upon hundreds of years developing computer knowledge, while the outside world was more or less unchanged.

They could use a simulated universe to learn new things that they themselves couldn't figure out or don't want to spend the time to figure out. Kind of similar to the concept of using an advanced enough computer to program other computers.

Look at all the things that our tenacious ancestors did that we still can't figure out how they did it. If a group really set their minds to building a "well-spring of knowledge", which is what a simulated Universe could be, given enough time they could figure it out. Heck, one could say that things like the Holy Grail or Celtic myths of bowls or cauldrons that produce and infinite amount of something, are metaphors for a simulated universe.

edit on 23-12-2012 by korathin because: edited for non words placed wrong due to being up too late.

edit on 23-12-2012 by korathin because: same as last fix

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by korathin

Let me get this straight...So an ADVANCED civilization can SIMULATE an ENTIRE UNIVERSE in the HIGHEST DETAIL, yet they "LACK the PROPER MINDSET and CULTURE to BUILD EFFECTIVE WEAPONS SYSTEMS. Not to mention the LACK OF TIME to fully TEST weapon systems."?Seriously?!SERIOUSLY?!

Can you see what's wrong here?I mean seriously can you just think for a sec before you post.You are contradicting yourself in a very stupid way.I don't even want to explain the rest.It's ridiculous and illogical.

edit on 23-12-2012 by JohnLake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnLake

Let me get this straight...So an ADVANCED civilization can SIMULATE an ENTIRE UNIVERSE in the HIGHEST DETAIL, yet they "LACK the PROPER MINDSET and CULTURE to BUILD EFFECTIVE WEAPONS SYSTEMS. Not to mention the LACK OF TIME to fully TEST weapon systems."?Seriously?!SERIOUSLY?!

Can you see what's wrong here?I mean seriously can you just think for a sec before you post.You are contradicting yourself in a very stupid way.I don't even want to explain the rest.It's ridiculous and illogical.

Not really. The Chinese had black-powder for a very, very, very, very long time. They even experimented with crude rockets. But it was the Europeans who fully harnessed black-powder. Something that enabled them to conquer most of the planet. And look at some of the pre-Columbus civilizations like the Inca's. Incredibly advanced in their own way's, but they lacked the wheel. To them the wheel was nothing more then a child's toy. They never thought of using it to build carts, chariots or wagons.

The ancient Greeks built the first steam engine. They never thought of using it for industrial reasons and instead it found a home in Temples and palaces, an item of intrigue and curiosity. Look at the Nazi's during the second world war. They built some pretty cutting edge weapon systems, weapon systems they never properly utilized because they where so cutting edge(look at the disaster of the "new" fighter jets during Vietnam. The US military thought dog-fighting was a thing of the past and removed mounted guns from jets, big mistake as history tells.).

You are playing in a field of giants, take heed not to get stepped on little grasshopper.
edit on 23-12-2012 by korathin because: forgot the "t" at the end of "thought"

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Old news.

The only reason I'm commenting is in response to the incredible number of posters who have commented such things as "In my opinion," "do you really believe," "I have a job in computer programming," and "I don't believe in god so this isn't possible" etc.

Welp. You are all wrong, and here's why: Your opinion doesn't matter. No -opinion- matters in terms of raw fact, and that is what we have here. Your belief doesn't matter, because your belief is based on your sensory input, and not only does it not change reality, but if we use your logic of "belief" then we wouldn't be doing things like transmitting radiofrequency, detecting black holes, measuring electromagnetism, and so forth. Your job doesn't matter, even if it is computer related - it doesn't matter if you can write scripting or create full programs, or whatever - your personal philosophy that your job created for you offers ZERO insight to the physics and quantum physics in question. It's nice that you have a rudamentary understanding of how programs work, but that's not the point, and if you think it is you're doing reading wrong. And as far as the opposition from atheists goes... Really? You don't understand something and based upon your refusal to accept any notion of a deity, you reject something that has evidence backing it? What...? Do you have any idea how nonatheistic that is? Or do you just not care about taking a scientific approach as long as you get to speak your opinion? What is the difference between Atheism and Religion when an Atheist uses his/her gut to think instead of his brain? Nothing.

Am I the only one who finds it odd that people think their opinions have some influence on reality?

Am I the only one content to say, "Huh. That guy is brilliant, and this is incredibly interesting. I'm sure great discoveries will come from this, possibly even ones that are applicible to every day life, even if his initial ideas are proven false. Only time will tell, and I can't wait to hear more."

It sure seems like I am.
edit on 23-12-2012 by HairlessApe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   
This reminds me of Conway's Game of Life.
It's a very simple simulation that can be downloaded from many sites. I had hours of fun with it years ago.
There are far more complicated sims, but this one is beautifull because you don't even have to use (a lot of) math.
In fact, my first encounter with it was in a book, and I used pencil and paper to play it, because I didn't have a pc at the time.

Life is one of the simplest examples of what is sometimes called "emergent complexity" or "self-organizing systems." This subject area has captured the attention of scientists and mathematicians in diverse fields. It is the study of how elaborate patterns and behaviors can emerge from very simple rules. It helps us understand, for example, how the petals on a rose or the stripes on a zebra can arise from a tissue of living cells growing together. It can even help us understand the diversity of life that has evolved on earth.

Source...

and a video...

edit on 23/12/12 by Morrel because: (no reason given)

edit on 23/12/12 by Morrel because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 04:46 AM
link   

I am not gonna start a debate with you, Mr.Knowledge but you should study more about european history.Don't assume you know more than the others "little grasshopper".Besides, your logic is flawed.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by NJoyZ

I think the first video is old. I think the ideas are old, and I think the people speaking in it are mostly copying off other more prominent authors of holographic theory. Video 1: at 4:13 " fear is a very slow, dense vibration". Fear is a very fast vibration. Have you ever really been afraid? Doesn't your heart pop out of its chest, doesn't every action, every sound amplify? Min 5:20 " what is the matrix? Answer: it's information".

Information
itself
is a part
of the matrix

Frankly, all of these 'answer to everything' videos I have seen so far are quite rubbish. Take the second video as an example: the universe is like a computer code. When we hear the speaker we find he is speaking about binary code. Well, yes, binary code can represent life, this is nothing new. What annoys me about this video is that it appears 'all knowing' like it came from some divine source, but really it's just hashed up, regurgitated crap.

Please, if you're going to post something revolutionary, make sure it's actually worth something. I really believe people are put off by these crappy videos.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by HairlessApe

Thank you for your lone voice of reason, or I haven't read the whole thread; sorry if I've missed anyone else with a similar statement. How refreshing it is to see BALANCE in this festival of ego-driven mental masturbation and religious beliefs. (YES, traditional atheists and the tradtionally religious are equally religious BELIEVERS). Bottom line is, regardless of what this reality is on the quantum or perhaps holographic level, no matter how you slice it, life is LIFE and people are PEOPLE. Period. Get over it and MOVE ON (to whom it applies)!!

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
We live in a mathematical universe; our mathematical formulae derived from it became the foundation of computer logic. Our artificial innovations are in a small way mimicking a facet of the universe... not the other way round.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by revered
Real is a matter of perspective.

My probably with the simulation theory is, where's the original layer? We're very close to a point (~100 years) in computing technology where we'll be able to run a simulation like our own, while we're in a computer simulation that's in a computer simulation that's in yet another one, where does that start from? And much more importantly, where did that universe come from?

Also, if it's a computer simulation, it's programmed just the way I'd like it too be. Interesting.
edit on 23-12-2012 by revered because: (no reason given)

Who says there has to be any original layer? If the universe in infinitely deep in terms of smallness and largeness than it may be possible that it is all just like looking at a fractal pattern and zooming into it. The so called layers do not necessarily have definable boundaries except in terms of what we have learned to detect. It may very well be that the "simulation" effect is just part of the nature of the whole universe (which is an infinite, holographic, fractal. So the infinite part implies no beginning and no end (unless your attached to the idea that it's only infinite in space but not in time).

Your question is the same one people have always applied to the concept of a God "Who created God?" or Atheisticaly "What created the Big Bang?".
But we must recognize that not all things have beginning and ends like we are used to. They may have transitions from other states of being (eg. energy transforms to matter, gasses coalesce into liquids and solids.) but no-mater what the theory of the nature of everything, you could always ask "What created it?" when the truth may be simply that everything has always been and only changes its appearance.

What I'm saying is the other "levels" of the simulation are just deeper parts of the fractal that we live in, they themselves are just part of the simulation "effect" deriving from a computational nature embedded in the pattern of our fractal reality. The computational nature we observe may simply be how that level of reality works and in time perhaps deeper levels could be discovered that give rise to these seemingly "computational" effects.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Warped01
reply to post by NJoyZ

I think the first video is old. I think the ideas are old, and I think the people speaking in it are mostly copying off other more prominent authors of holographic theory. Video 1: at 4:13 " fear is a very slow, dense vibration". Fear is a very fast vibration. Have you ever really been afraid? Doesn't your heart pop out of its chest, doesn't every action, every sound amplify? Min 5:20 " what is the matrix? Answer: it's information".

Information
itself
is a part
of the matrix

Frankly, all of these 'answer to everything' videos I have seen so far are quite rubbish. Take the second video as an example: the universe is like a computer code. When we hear the speaker we find he is speaking about binary code. Well, yes, binary code can represent life, this is nothing new. What annoys me about this video is that it appears 'all knowing' like it came from some divine source, but really it's just hashed up, regurgitated crap.

Please, if you're going to post something revolutionary, make sure it's actually worth something. I really believe people are put off by these crappy videos.
We are only looking for the actual science presented int he videos, everything else is irrelevant. Sorry they don't meet your standards, but I like to think that most of us are capable or separating the wheat from the chaff and noticing the points that are actually relevant to the science which seems to be (if I may play a pun)... emerging.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Is there a full break-down available demonstrating exactly what makes these videos more compelling than previous versions of the same theory? What evidence do we suddenly have to declare "Yes, this reality is entirely a simulation."

I want to see this evidence in entirety and clarity.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by NJoyZ

Dunno about living in a computer simulation. But why not? It could just be true. In any event how would we really know. We can only guess as to the meaning of it all. I will say this though. If we are in fact living in a computer simulation, I need the cheat codes!!! This game ain't going so well. Certainly not the high score ...

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlueMule
As a 'white rhythmic wizard' who has actually been outside the "reality" we all know and love, I endorse this thread.

Thank you for making me laugh today.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
1 has been processing this and wonders where is the powersource for such a device? And considers can stargates really be powered by what internally is considered soul lifeforce energy. Thats why they dont care to kill..? Smh. Angel has kingdomship as of now over humanity Angel = intelligence. So if considering an Angel over SEEing humanity then... Its possible consciousness and spirits locked.. I MEAN HEAVEN HAS NO NEED TO HIDE sorry. Funny thing is what happens when Heaven influences return to LIGHT the way of this intelligent beings deceptive rule. Like for example if Lucifer found Satans kingdom. Satan shakes. To add if any reading this were to see angels or demons in their natural created nondimension adjusted shells. What would they be called today? I will help....... Clearly its swamp gas moving intelligently, giving off prana lifeforce signals
just read these great books and never mind the data related to those who come from the skies because your alone and belong too.. allow the political power potential to CONTROL for now
and ignore until reflected upon, hmm a realm of illucience painted on a dark background. But then were are?

LOVE LIGHT ETERNIA*******

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
Is there a full break-down available demonstrating exactly what makes these videos more compelling than previous versions of the same theory? What evidence do we suddenly have to declare "Yes, this reality is entirely a simulation."

I want to see this evidence in entirety and clarity.

No. I was simply presenting the African American scientist who says he has discovered the same code we use for our computers being used for the foundation of existence.

* If anyone can get a hold of his data on the topic that would be cool.
edit on 23-12-2012 by NJoyZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by NJoyZ

(Edit) Forgive the redundancy as this has been brought up above, but...

A question, or (dim) thought experiment, would be "what might the REAL universe be like then... what are its properties?"

Sure, there may be a near infinite regression of simulations couched in simulations, but what might the physics of the "real" place this all started in be like? (Nodding to our imperfect understanding of... everything)

I'd venture that tiny particles wouldn't be fuzzy, for instance, and be in one place regardless of who is observing them. No wave, particle duality. Electrons might have individual identities and maybe all "paranormal" or weird properties of this universe might be absent. Things like quantum entanglement might not exist, either.

In this sort of prime universe, quantum computing might be impossible (but I'm the layest of laypeople so I dunno) and the universe might be very Newtonian and predictable... which might be a reason for the more mysterious, interesting simulations.

Anyway, just peeing in the wind without checking its direction first... (Edit) and getting sprayed.
edit on 12/23/2012 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Fondue

Cheat codes for life. THAT WOULD BE AWESOME.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I'm a 'moral crusader' for expecting an intelligent discussion without any completely unhelpful replies. Yep.

BTW OP, Another thing to mention is that this is becoming more and more mainstream. Have you read any of Dr. Kaku's latest books?

Likewise, as the interdisciplinary field of Cognitive Science becomes more advanced, we are finding more and more than Neural Networking is the best way to model the human brain.
edit on 23-12-2012 by DarwinVsJesus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
To see the world for what it really is.

That is the goal.

This isn't the Matrix. Our monsters are entirely self-created. Fortunately -- they are only partially aware.

On-Topic: I think the following sums up my feelings about simulation theory well enough.

apartmentroomblues.blogspot.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join