It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Live in A Computer Simulation!!!? Code of Reality Found, Same as Used in your PC!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

Idyserenity, They are working on it, but it's not going to happen this week.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Good it'll be a bigger jackpot next week...

Just make it less than the amount of the jackpot so if it's 40 million like only have ten people try lol

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by TheSubversiveOne

That's ONE perspective, certainly.

Another is that there has never been a shortage of technology-phobia within the human gene-pool. Yet -- here we are: the product of a relatively unbroken progression of science and technology. Luddites didn't get their way, and our machines and factories became part of our shared evolution, just as computers, information technology and yes -- simulations -- will share a simultaneous evolution with us so long as we continue to exist.

The future belongs to this co-evolution of man, machine, computers and simulations; it is already "coming into being," and it will not stop for you, me, or anyone else. In fact -- I would argue that at this stage of the game, retreating from technology is a dead-end path.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by prostheticmind

Prostheticmind, that's the very concept I am trying to have us investigate here. The notion is that perhaps, if this guys evidence is what it sounds like, perhaps this world does have a creator(s) and, a syou say, perhaps they deceded not to make themselves apparent. Think of a game like The Sims, generaly the characters do not have any awareness of your existance, yet your the one who turned onthe program (and keeps it on at will), your the one who created tehm in a sense. Now The Sims are just a very basic low datasimulation of humanbeings. But imaging how real it could get.

Think about how massively powerful a quantum computer could be. Essentially your cellphone (using known technical abilities; for example Data is can be stored holographiclly and given the potential to fit more in a device made of quartz crystal the size of a sugar cube than our entire civilization has even created). That would have the capabilities to be a supercomputer the size of a hundred refrigerators in a room at Google headquarters compacted into the size of your cellphone. Now we know it's possible, but not economically feasible (we just cant afford the resources and what not to make it all at this point).

So imagine that level of technology when it is affordable. Take your supercomputer-quantum-cellphone and make it a few countless billion times more powerful by stacking up similar supercomputer cellphones with massive data capability into a standard room-filling-size of today's big supercomputor setups. I imagine that a set up like that would have more than enough computing power to replicate a human intelligence, or many of them, and to replicate all the perceivable aspects of our reality in it's inner digital realm (you really only need to track enough virtual world information to fill the processing capabilities of your little simulated peoples minds* (and we already get way more information that we can process, hence the biological fact of "selective perception".

So now you have a simulation like The Sims but way more real. Then after may years of trying to figure out the nature of their existence your super computer Sims discover that... "O My God! when we look deep enough at the details of this world that we think we live in... we find that it's all being generated as energy streams, it's data! Streaming from the basic underlying structure of our universe, AND... it uses a code that looks like our programming codes, behave like our programming codes, is apparently... a programming code. So the data streams coming from the foundation of our existence are... programmed! But who programmed us?!"

or as you said "Why has our programmer not shown it's self?"
Perhaps we should pray that it is watching the screen and will be kind enough to build it'self an avatar so that we may interact with it in ways other than praying to the eye in the sky.

The virtual simulated people would essentially be int eh same situation we find ourselves in... and now as our scientists have done, they find themselves looking for ways to test it all out and determine for certain if we are or are not indeed living in a computer simulation.

*TECHNICAL NOTE: Essentially their world is your supercomputers RAM, and the CPU keeps up with changes in every virtual component from a blade of grass to a wall or even item relevant molecules [which could be why in our world we have the "observer effect" making it seem that the universe has kept all potential fates of an object on pause until we decide to observe it (Google: "Shrodenger's cat"), at which point one fate is selected and the others eliminated].
The only changes the super computer really needs to log (if it don't have unlimited computing resources) are the things that are being observed. All things being observed are int he RAM, and when ever something else (like a rock) is about to enter an observers perspective, the CPU grabs it's last know aspects from deep storage (Hard-drive) and alters its characteristics according to all relevant changes listed in the processing-log since its last date of observance. --I probably got some of that down in accurately, but I think it may be a good first draft for the functioning of an advanced simulation of a world(s).

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
A more appropriate summation would be that our computers reflect the way the universe operates.

Is it such a leap to realize that man being a creation of the universe may tend to reflect the universe in his creations? Science is observation. Computers evolved through scientific principles learned by observing our universe. Why wouldn't they reflect similarities?

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I'm really just funning on you, OP I don't expect there to be any cheat codes, if there were I am sure I'd have figured them out long ago, well um, well there are some cheats like future gazing (Or maybe influencing?) Well maybe not influencing since I also changed future events when they came to be in the present I don' know why I changed them (sometimes just by being creeped out by the accuracy and the this is too good to be true thoughts) Also there's cheats to looking in the past (in a few ways) Psychically, remote viewing and there is a physical way ( Not physically going there but an object that I know government has it can also see the future as well but can't influence it)
edit on 22-12-2012 by ldyserenity because: clarification

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by xXxinfidelxXx

We need that scientist with the Afro in the code video to provide his documentation. He says its so technical only a few people in the world can understand it, perhaps one of them would be kind enough to visit ATS if we can get a hold of the documents and publish them in this forum (other experts in his field would surly find it via Google search).

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

Emergence makes it impossible for anyone to know the Powerball numbers without running the simulation forward... the same way that even the developers who wrote Madden (the football game) cannot tell you which team will win if two closely-ranked teams are matched up in computer-controlled vs. computer-controlled mode.
edit on 12/22/2012 by AkumaStreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheSubversiveOne
What came first reality or the simulation?

A simulation is always a model of reality, not the other way around.

Why didn't the people in the past have simulations? Why do we have them now?

Because if this was a simulation, we would also have to agree that computers and simulations have been around since the beginning of time, since we exist in one. Yet they don't come to fruition in our time until man invents computers and simulations? How can computers exist for all time but not exist in our reality until just recently?

If this was true, in our reality, our simulations are just simulations of a simulation, how can one fathom such an idea possible?

How could the programmers program an entire history of each and every individual? By devising seven billion plus fake pasts? Experience cannot be coded into some algorithm.

What is this simulation a simulation of? Reality? Did someone record the entire existence of mankind from every single viewpoint of every single human perspective and code it into some twisted game?

This is all ridiculous and nothing indicates this to be true. The physicist found something in an equation, which only proves something about the equation. And then we divide it into physical and historical implications which we know aren't true. The Matrix really messed with the minds of an entire generation.

1. your doing a chicken or the egg thing. its like asking "What brought existence into existence?" which leaves us with only two possibilities that I am aware of... either A. another existence outside of this existence created our universe. or B. There was no beginning, it has always just been (this is though for people used to thinking in terms of birth and death, start and finish). But even if A were true (which is what we are proposing with the concept of simulated existence), you could ask the same questions about the existence that spawned our own :"What created the creator".. and go on and on, so B is most likely the truth (if truth even applies to thoughts like this) which is that our universe or the universe of the creator(s) or their progenitors... has always been!
-- Perhaps this is why space expands in all directions, to make room for more sub-levels of existence. Maybe existence is some sort of eternally growing spiral/fractal.

2. We can fathom simulations of simulations like we fathoms games with in games (just with more computing power). There was a game back in the days of early windows and DOS called "Day of The Tentacle" in that game you can access a computer which runs another game called "Maniac Mansion" to which day of The Tentacle is actually a squeal (but better because it's built for more advanced computers).

Likewise, most games where you play a character have miniature games strewn through out them, generally we don't recognize this as games win in games, but in a sense they are, think of things like having to arrange blocks in Tomb Raider to get from one area to another -that's a puzzle. Or they might have other types of puzzles or game like activities you can do as part of the overall bigger game. Fathom?

3. Having read the rest of your post.. I have nothing more to say to you.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shirak
Ah I see the ATS tradition to be the first to put a smart ass comment on a thread is still running true. You first few would not have had a chance to even review the information looking at the time stamp on your comment. Seriously if you can't contribute to a thread constructively don't derail it for others who may have an interest.

The geometry represented in the equations is evident in nature and can be seen playing out in various genetic and geological formations. This research is fascinating and relevant due to the reality of 3d printers and tech coming on the market. Utilizing the mathematics present in the universe recurring as code will in my opinion help us turn these 3d printers into replicator devices. Taking advantage on a molecular scale of the natural geometry of formation in nature.

Is this a theory of your own devising or have you found information demonstrating how such geometry could apply to replicators? I'd like more information.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by AkumaStreak

Right you can watch them be pulled on the government's secret machine or you can do it psychically since I have done it for football before I am sure it can be done for the powerball (and I did it to the exact numbers of the scores for two teams in 2005) I haven't yet been able to control my focus enough to get the powerball numbers, my life was a bit more at peace during that year 2005.
edit on 22-12-2012 by ldyserenity because: spelling

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Of course, for any of this to be valid we must first prove that superstring theory is a correct way of describing the universe, which we cannot currently do.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
reply to post by NJoyZ

Lets for argument sake say we are in a computer simulation the some questions arise.

1. Who or what is running it?
I responded to this question asked by another in one of the couple of posts above ^.

2. What is the purpose of it?
This may be covered in one of the videos posted, but if not, it is possible that it is to do things like:
A. Study the nature of existence.
B. Help the beings simulating us to determine if it is possible to simulate a real world thus proving that it may be possible their own world is also simulated.
C. Just because they can, for fun and observation. Wanting to play god.
or D. what if there is no purpose, what if it was not created by any intelligent being, what if the nature of the universe (or all encompassing multi-verse) is simply an fractal pattern of life expanding in all directions infinitely for all time? We just... are. (Part of the pattern, part of the fractal witch holds within it all other fractals and patterns. The universe is hollowgraphic and various patterns of every possibility manifest at various points along this omni-directional 3D+ pattern of existence. I say 3D to help imagine a fractal expanding in all directions, but the patterns also shift and change in time so its at least 4D but scientists claim like 11 dimensions now, so we'll see.)

3. How abruptly can it be ended?
This also brings the questions:
A. If beings have simulated us intentionally, is their time like our time? or are we in their computers living in super-fast-forward? Cause maybe it will end when it's done gathering data (as we run or simulations in fast-forward to get to the data summaries at the end).
or B. What if they realize our sentience and have some moral/ethical qualms with destroying their virtual civilizations now that they have created them? So they leave us to be in some museum for observation and just as a place to be so that we can continue to exist.
& C. in an instant... smaller than time.
edit on 22-12-2012 by NJoyZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
We live in this existence with rules, laws and regulations. That we call reality. It defines up, down, in, out, hot, cold, long, far, old and new. It says that things constructed a certain way in nature, will act a certain way in nature and predictably so.

What computer program? It's nothing more than a law. One that even mere humans can replicate. Efficient.

A computer simulation can appear to portray flowing water. Because it replicates the same laws that nature has.

No, there is no program running. This is more wishy washy "Us humans are so important that god created a program for us to live in this reality!!! Hallelujah!" twaddle designed to keep mystical mumbo jumbo love and light shenanigans up to date with the latest service patch.

Personally, if reality is a program, then I can't wait for the exploits to appear. Hack my damn bank account and add some funds.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hopeforeveryone
Even if it is a simulation, how is this going to change your life. We still need and have to do everything we need and have to do. Changes nothing. Just add's a whole new level of meaningless to life. Don't worry i just shot you, it's only a simulation ! As a simulation it still seems pretty real to me.

Dear Hopeforeveryone, you do not seem very hopeful.

The hope is

(in terms of why it might possibly mater), that if we are being simulated, perhaps it is in such a way that we can break free (I know it's cliche!-But it's like in The Matrix. If the right data streams are provided in the right ways to biological brains, they could be convinced of any reality. For all we know we are born in a matrix and spoon fed a false reality, while in the real world we are kept in closets or something (who knows, maybe they have limited space for a booming population) and the Japanese style micro apartments are no longer enough so they have developed a virtual reality for everyone to live in while their bodies say in the compartment like bee larvae in a hive.

That is only one idea for why it maters there might be others (like perhaps by learning more about the way it is simulated, we can learn to make it simulate the way WE want, like interstellar travel abilities, the creation of matter from nothing (to make new worlds), etc.).

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Most people like to perceive their world with what is currently known. Take the classical element phase of our science as an example.

With what we do and don't know about our existence, we fill in the 'don't know' with what seems logical for our current knowledge. How can anyone now know of the true secret of our existence?

Any 'Code of Reality' found now would mimic our current 'code' understanding. Our current & basic code of our world is binary based. You can take any mathematical equation and convert it into a binary one...

Boils down to our current fundamental science & comprehensible rationalization...

We just don't know everything yet - we should leave it at that...leave the guessing as that - just guesses and not fact.

-CN

To the OP - wait until we start using computers based on advanced analog or mechanical quantum computing (fractals and the golden ratio will make more sense then imo).
edit on 22-12-2012 by ChuckNasty because: edit as above

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

Hack my damn bank account and add some funds.

Can't. It's "not real". You know the answer you'll get though if you ask them to give you their money. Then you'll get a dose of their real.

To those who think life isn't real, place you palm on a hot burner plate. That will snap you back to reality. Maybe then you will quit playing with your joy stick and go outside.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime
I find all of this fascinating... but ridiculous. I wonder how easy it is, morally speaking, for a deranged and mentally ill person to buy into this "theory". This is why people kill kindergartners and shoot up theaters, because if we live in a computer simulation there are no consequences for one's soul, and if it isn't "real" then who cares what people do.

Dude! Did you really just say that following the scientific breadcrumbs for a simulated universe is why people go on killing sprees? I am willing to wager $200-$300 that most killers in this world were religious people who thought that souls exist. The soul is and IDEA, there is ZERO verifiable evidence of its actual existence. Essentially your saying that the millions of people who follow the facts of known reality and brush aside the imagined ideas of religion involving and afterlife are more prone to going crazy and killing. What about the consequences to killing people in this life? What about the consequences of losing their own and not enjoying more of this world? isn't that motivation enough with out needing a soul for people to be good? and just because it's a simulation does not mean it isn't real, its just another kind of reality, one with perhaps other higher levels, coincidentally higher-levels that may be much like the one your God (Elohim) and it's son in this world (Yeshua), and all the angels could be existing on.

"In the beginning, there was nothing in the virtual world. Then god spoke (into a voice recognition software" --but this part was lost to oral history because the primitive people first simulated had no understanding of such things and only passed on their history orally for 4000 years) and said "Let their be light" and a sun was created which the world would revolve around. Then the Lord said some more stuff and it was created. Sounds plausible.
edit on 22-12-2012 by NJoyZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
Do you know what kind of anxiety this would throw on science loving people? The world of science saying your trapped in a computer simulation? It would be like saying a religion is real and there is something more but we dot know what.

Sounds like a unification of science and religion, everybody is happy. (except they feel imprisoned).

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
LOVE IT! Excellent collection of "data" you've drafted for us here Daaskapital. Love it, Good post!

Originally posted by daaskapital
Yes, code found in nature...is very interesting. Did you know that the universe and the materials within actually have pixels also? A high ranking NASA scientist has jumped on board the "simulation" theory. I actually think the whole theory holds a lot of water. It has been going on for some time, yet cannot be disproved. Evidence actually leans in favour of this theory.

It’s an idea that every college student with a gravity bong and The Matrix on DVD has thought of before, but Rich is a well-regarded scientist, the director of the Center for Evolutionary Computation and Automated Design at NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory, and is currently writing an as-yet-untitled book about the subject, so we’re going to go ahead and take him seriously.

He gets interviewed and goes on to say:

The other interesting thing is that the natural world behaves exactly the same way as the environment of Grand Theft Auto IV. In the game, you can explore Liberty City seamlessly in phenomenal detail. I made a calculation of how big that city is, and it turns out it’s a million times larger than my PlayStation 3. You see exactly what you need to see of Liberty City when you need to see it, abbreviating the entire game universe into the console. The universe behaves in the exact same way. In quantum mechanics, particles do not have a definite state unless they’re being observed. Many theorists have spent a lot of time trying to figure out how you explain this. One explanation is that we’re living within a simulation, seeing what we need to see when we need to see it.

Our world does seem to act like a video game...

Further:

Q: Which would explain why there have been reports of scientists observing pixels in the tiniest of microscopic images.

A: Right. The universe is also pixelated—in time, space, volume, and energy. There exists a fundamental unit that you cannot break down into anything smaller, which means the universe is made of a finite number of these units. This also means there are a finite number of things the universe can be; it’s not infinite, so it’s computable. And if it only behaves in a finite way when it’s being observed, then the question is: Is it being computed? Then there’s a mathematical parallel. If two things are mathematically equivalent, they’re the same. So the universe is mathematically equivalent to the simulation of the universe.

www.vice.com...

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join