We Live in A Computer Simulation!!!? Code of Reality Found, Same as Used in your PC!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by menneni

Originally posted by menneni

Originally posted by TheSubversiveOne

If this was true, in our reality, our simulations are just simulations of a simulation, how can one fathom such an idea possible?

And would you share, how come you think that a simulation "inside" of a simulation is not possible

Seriously? Are you an infant with writing skills? ...oooor is there something i don't get here?

I just really do not understand, how you can be saying that you think sim inside a sim is a impossible idea. Outright dummy imho.

Ye trolling...? Maybe.

EDIT:

Generally i feel that "people" here are not getting the word "simulation".
edit on 22-12-2012 by menneni because: (no reason given)

Why don't you combine all your brain power and explain to me how a simulation, something that is coded by hand, can code another simulation from within a simulation. Or are all you capable of is dispensing with the weak insults and ad hominem? These sort of playground tactics are usually the result of full diapers; you better get those changed.

I program for a living. I have a vague idea what a simulation is.
edit on 22-12-2012 by TheSubversiveOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Toadmund

Also to be clear I don't think anyone creating the simulation would be modeling a big bang from the past, I actually think everything about the big bang (the seemingly impossible nature of almost everything we're told about it) screams "simulation starting point"; I think evidence of the big bang/what we're told happened during the extremely short time of and after the big bang should in fact be the strongest argument for simulation theory.
edit on 12/22/2012 by AkumaStreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlueMule
Hence the necessity of grokking the nature of mystical metaphors such as this. Too few can do that, many people have a sort of blindness... so they jump to a shallow literalism like a certain silly vampire programmer is doing...staring at the finger as it points to the moon like enthralled fools...

edit on 22-12-2012 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

Hey, Bruce Lee, you should'nt steal other people's metaphors and use it to call someone shallow. A simulation is a horrible, and probably the most shallow and superficial metaphor for existence. It seems you only like it because it appeals to the emotions. That's shallow, and silly, and foolish.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by AkumaStreak

OK then, if we are simulated, we must be simulated from a place that is real. From what source is this simulation?
Tell me.
If we were a SIM character, who is playing or writing the game, is someone simulating them, and them, and them...........................................?
It requires a stretch of the imagination, that is for sure.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Time to chose your pill?
Red or Blue? Hmmm....same as the alleged fema camp lists.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Chislobog is Number-god, or Digit-god... God of time, and similar... Can it be some ancient super-computer?
www.slavyanin.info...

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Is it possible that someone within the simulation cracked the code and interfered with or rewrote the program?

Seems likely and it would explain nested simulations, wouldn't it? Perhaps it's a way for whomever cracked the code to cover his tracks. Endless iterations, like a thief chased through time.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Toadmund

OK then, if we are simulated, we must be simulated from a place that is real. From what source is this simulation?
Tell me.

The Light.

The notion of a cosmic computer is a metaphor for the 'Divine Light'. I've seen it with my own eyes. I've seen how the universe is a great big thought not a great big computer. It's the Light of cosmic consciousness...it transcends space and time. Divine Lights use alternating patterns of light and dark. Yin and yang.

So a computer is a good metaphor. But like all mystical metaphors it can only be pushed so far before one realizes that the menu is not the meal and the map is not the territory.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Thanks for posting this! As an older member on here, these theories have been floating around for some time now.
And its starting to gain more and more credibility. I happen to feel this theory could lead to some very ground breaking ideas and hidden knowledge!
As a code junkie myself, I know all about check sum, and the extra code that follows to other machines so it can read it, and analyze that data! How cool is that! The very same things we use in our ROM's.. Read only memory. Is being used to code the known universe! Its really cool stuff. And I very much enjoy this thread with others here on ATS! These are gems in the ruff! Here on ATS you have to mull over tons of rocks and dirt, before you under cover a gem thread.. This is one of those
Thanks for sharing!

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   

It's only gloomy if you let it be. The best way to lose in life is not to try. If you're always in repose, everything is tyranny. If you' re up and doing things yourself then you experience some freedom.

SOME freedom, not endless freedom. It's just the nature of our reality. As far as I understand science, we live in a semi-deterministic reality. It has some determinism and some chance. The chance stems from the inability to predict quantum-ness. This means that no matter how much we know about our universe we will still make mistakes on occasion because of the unforeseen.

I think you're right that many things are repeated. They say that right now in the world there's somebody else out there just like yourself. I remember back in school I saw a guy that looked a lot like me and acted like me and even had the same sort of notebook(s). Our DNA is virtually identical. Our environment is very similar too. From a certain perspective, we live forever through each other and through our descendants. The difference between any single person on the planet is about the difference you'd experience in X time. I mean, if we did live forever then we'd change dramatically every X years, right? We'd change by X amount. If I'm X amount different from another person on the planet and it's equivalent to the difference I'd experience in X years of living then I can say that I live long (perhaps forever) through others (maybe through other creatures too).

And you know I WANT to believe in an after-life. I WANT to believe in a divine nature or a other-side that will button up all the holes and fill all the voids and heal all the wounds. This world is filled with sorrow and pain and murder and suffering and all that grimy stuff. I am not a realist because I like these things, I am because I don't want to foolishly put my hopes on supernatural miracles to save us from disaster. We need to be self-reliant so we can handle sh** when it happens.
edit on 22-12-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by PrplHrt
Is it possible that someone within the simulation cracked the code and interfered with or rewrote the program?

Seems likely and it would explain nested simulations, wouldn't it? Perhaps it's a way for whomever cracked the code to cover his tracks. Endless iterations, like a thief chased through time.

Possible, but not necessary. Creations/indirect creations can create/have the capacity to create.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Toadmund

Tell me.
If we were a SIM character, who is playing or writing the game, is someone simulating them, and them, and them...........................................?
It requires a stretch of the imagination, that is for sure.

Who knows? A universe experiencing a cold death or running out of renewables would be pretty grim. Maybe then we'd choose a simulation over local reality.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonnywhite

It's only gloomy if you let it be. The best way to lose in life is not to try. If you're always in repose, everything is tyranny. If you' re up and doing things yourself then you experience some freedom.

SOME freedom, not endless freedom. It's just the nature of our reality. As far as I understand science, we live in a semi-deterministic reality. It has some determinism and some chance. The chance stems from the inability to predict quantum-ness. This means that no matter how much we know about our universe we will still make mistakes on occasion because of the unforeseen.

I think you're right that many things are repeated. They say that right now in the world there's somebody else out there just like yourself. I remember back in school I saw a guy that looked a lot like me and acted like me and even had the same sort of notebook(s). Our DNA is virtually identical. Our environment is very similar too. From a certain perspective, we live forever through each other and through our descendants. The difference between any single person on the planet is about the difference you'd experience in a generation or two. I mean, if we did live forever we'd change dramatically every X years, right? We'd change by X amount. If I'm X amount different from another person on the planet and it's equivalent to the difference I'd experience in X years of living then I can say that I live long (perhaps forever) through others (maybe through other creatures too).

And you know I WANT to believe in an after-life. I WANT to believe in a divine nature or a other side that will button up all the holes and fill all the voids and heal all the wounds.
edit on 22-12-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

I agree that there is some inherent selfish value in having descendants running around (although I'm not sure why, it's more of a gut feeling) -- could just be our encoded desire to reproduce though. :-)

As far as wanting to believe in an afterlife, I can't say that I do, just like I can't say that we live in a simulation. I just happen to believe in the possibility of a great number of things. :-)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
As a night black dream-dragon, I not only endorse this thread, I can also tell you that some players have been working to disrupt the carrier wave, block the control modulation template and project new own code into the information substrate.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
The thing has the mind of a child. That's pretty obvious.

We probably made it.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by TheSubversiveOne

That's easy. The rules of the game don't allow for the technological expression of computer science within the game until certain achievements / milestones are reached. This is expressed within our own simulations as "leveling," et al. Using this metaphor, we hadn't leveled our tech enough to create simulations of our own -- inside this one -- until the very recent "past."

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
This idea follows along the path of a project I have dabbled with over the years. I wrote a very simple program that can and will show you everything that ever was or will be, along with everything that could ever be.

See the thread here.

The program is not that complicated, but once you understand what is going on it leads you into a never ending vision of reality. This program does not imply we are actually just programs ourselves “living” in some computer simulation. But rather it shows how computers can mimic life. It is not hard to see where computing mimics reality, it happens more often than you think. Some people say that the digital world tries to emulate the analog world; some think the analog world is trying to emulate the digital world. However you chose to believe it is a fact that the two sides of this coin do have many similarities. But no, I do not think it proves in any way that we are inside a simulation. I think it is showing that since the analog world is up and running so well, that the digital world uses ideas that exist in nature as they are proven to work, and can be easily copied. Why would anyone try to invent some new algorithm or routine to accomplish a task in a computer, when you can just copy one from nature that has been working so well for so long?

Still no proof one way or the other I know, but just adding this to the conversation. As others will come back with the argument that the reason they exist in nature, is because nature is a digital construct. Either way, it is interesting to me, as I love writing code and thus topics like this catch my attention.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by NJoyZ

So if this is somehow proven beyond a doubt to be true...doesnt that open the possibility to being able to expose and possible alter this code?

In other words, if this holds to be true we arnt just talking about altering dna but altering our very existence.

In theory, one with enough insight could be able to literally "hack" into their lives and create their whole universal existence how they seem fit.

In a sense, it would be giving mankind to power of the gods...kinda scary given how well we've worked together as a race so far...

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by mutatismutandis

In a sense, it would be giving mankind to power of the gods...kinda scary given how well we've worked together as a race so far...

That's why Sigmund Freud didn't want the world to know that psychic ability is real. He knew very well that it is very real indeed. The nature of the simulation is consciousness, and psychic ability is basically what is portrayed in movies like Star Wars and The Matrix. It's described in every mystical tradition. Despite what the orthodoxy of the day would have people believe, psychic ability is in all of us and connects all of us. Like a web. This psychic web is the stuff of the simulation.

"All the Buddhas and all sentient beings are nothing but the One Mind, beside which nothing exists."

-Huang Po

The techniques and predilections of mysticism are pretty much the same throughout world religion and myth. They are about achieving altered states of consciousness so that psychic ability can be elicited and strengthened. As you note that's a scary thing so the secrets are inevitably protected by initiates.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueMule

Which is why the government, which controls all (mainframe), discourages the use of herbs.

They alter brain chemistry and, thereby, bring us too close to the truth.

We aren't to know that our masters abuse us worse than we realize.

new topics
top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join