It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Live in A Computer Simulation!!!? Code of Reality Found, Same as Used in your PC!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonnywhite

Originally posted by kudegras
I have always thought it interesting that when the spirit leaves the body the body immediately begins to rapidly break down. No doubt the spirit is the internal mechanism that keeps it all together and helps the blood pump and allowing life and movement.

I'm not a medical student or someone that specializes in that, but what you say is all mushy. Think I'll pass. You know our mind is in our brain and when the body can't pump enough blood or some critical function of the body is disabled, the whole maintenance system starts to fail until the whole thing shuts down. And with it goes the mind too. All of our memories and experiences, gone. There's no magic here, just a lot of science stuff. It's above both our heads, but at least I'm honest.

Occams Razor says to accept the explanation with the least assumptions. My explanation is that it's all physical and that our mind is physical too. By adding a magical element called soul or eternal spirit or whatever, you add an additional assumption and a layer of extra unnecessary complexity.

I don't WANT to believe we're physical. I want to believe there's an after-life. I want to believe that all this pain and suffering is not real after all and that when we die it's all nicely wrapped up. But science and the desire for objectivity encourages me not to pin my hopes on hocus pocus. If we're going to do well, we'll have to do well on our own and can't depend on supernatural forces. This means that when a friend dies of a terrible disease, it's irrevocable. There's no God on the other side to save his soul. There's no angel that will appear and cure him. We have to cure him ourselves.
edit on 21-12-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

I am not taking a side either way in the simulated reality debate, but I was reminded of something I often thought about as a child, when I was learning what religion was and what people thought about why we exist. I thought, isn't it possible that some supreme being created the Universe and made it behave in such a way that it seemed there was no supreme being?

If there WAS a supreme being like most religions claimed, wouldn't it be within their power to make themselves essentially undetectable.

I dunno, again I'm not weighing in, but I thought about that again when I read your post.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Wasn't this the main plot point of Hitch-hikers guide to the galaxy?

The Earth is a giant computer running a simulation and humans are just part of the program?

If so doesn't the 'find' belong to Douglas Adams?

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Despite his reptilian theory, David Icke has been saying this for years and years. People only start paying attention when "real scientists" start talking about it.
The Matrix movie gave us a nice example of this life simulation.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   
What if we are all synchronised by our brains that are receivers and transponders to and from the earth. We each make our own reality but we see what we want to see. As we are all synchronised we see changes in the world by peoples own actions. Basically our world mother earth gaia is the super computer that's powering us via energy and vibrations and we all are programmers. We can change the future by our understanding of our own decisions. We all have our own reality that's called free will but we can't change someone else's just our own. I believe that when we dream our brain is mapping our own reality but with my own rules so if I want to fly I can in my dream world. That's my theory anyway. Could we be advanced AI?
edit on 12/22/1212 by Sk8ergrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by NJoyZ

Okay then..if this is really all just a holographic illusion being created by a super-computer, than who is in control of the computer? Wouldn't all of the top 1% in the world be sort of like the Merovingian in the Matrix 2, then, in that they would be extensions of the control system? Sounds kinda far-fetched to me. If you can provide this so-called code for us all to read it may prove to be more convincing though. Something tells me that won't happen though.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   
What came first reality or the simulation?

A simulation is always a model of reality, not the other way around.

Why didn't the people in the past have simulations? Why do we have them now?

Because if this was a simulation, we would also have to agree that computers and simulations have been around since the beginning of time, since we exist in one. Yet they don't come to fruition in our time until man invents computers and simulations? How can computers exist for all time but not exist in our reality until just recently?

If this was true, in our reality, our simulations are just simulations of a simulation, how can one fathom such an idea possible?

How could the programmers program an entire history of each and every individual? By devising seven billion plus fake pasts? Experience cannot be coded into some algorithm.

What is this simulation a simulation of? Reality? Did someone record the entire existence of mankind from every single viewpoint of every single human perspective and code it into some twisted game?

This is all ridiculous and nothing indicates this to be true. The physicist found something in an equation, which only proves something about the equation. And then we divise it into physical and historical implications which we know aren't true. The Matrix really messed with the minds of an entire generation.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Ah I see the ATS tradition to be the first to put a smart ass comment on a thread is still running true. You first few would not have had a chance to even review the information looking at the time stamp on your comment. Seriously if you can't contribute to a thread constructively don't derail it for others who may have an interest.

The geometry represented in the equations is evident in nature and can be seen playing out in various genetic and geological formations. This research is fascinating and relevant due to the reality of 3d printers and tech coming on the market. Utilizing the mathematics present in the universe recurring as code will in my opinion help us turn these 3d printers into replicator devices. Taking advantage on a molecular scale of the natural geometry of formation in nature.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by NJoyZ

Lets for argument sake say we are in a computer simulation the some questions arise.

1. Who or what is running it?
2. What is the purpose of it?
3. How abruptly can it be ended?

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Even if it is a simulation, how is this going to change your life. We still need and have to do everything we need and have to do. Changes nothing. Just add's a whole new level of meaningless to life. Don't worry i just shot you, it's only a simulation ! As a simulation it still seems pretty real to me.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Does anyone know where to get the cheat codes?

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

They only hand them out after you become a politician

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 03:52 AM
link   
People who cant differentiate between whats real and what isn't have too much computer time under their skin. One sign of disconnect is that you would even suggest that there is no "real".

That "everything" is "fake". That you can still feel enough to wonder about this means part of you is still real.

Disconnect before your ability to detect whats real becomes numbed forever. Suffer the pain of longing for your "fake" world long enough to switch back to the "real" one.

Its easier to become more numb than it is to become more aware.

Try not to become comfortably numb.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Does anyone know where to get the cheat codes?

There are no cheat codes. Practice staying in the real, and then you will be aware enough to see reality coming at you.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by NJoyZ

Escaped the Matrix a decade ago...old hat... NEXT PLEASE

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 05:04 AM
link   
The geometrical architecture underpinning all levels of reality (including the material universe detectable to the five senses) has been discovered (see the recent, pioneering book "The Mathematical Connection between Religion and Science", by Stephen Phillips). Moreover, the SAME mathematical pattern is reproduced in the intervals between the notes between the seven diatonic musical scales. The existence of an amazing, universal mathematics connected to the octonions and to the exceptional Lie groups that generates music, superstrings and their oscillations and which is embodied in the sacred geometries of the mystical/esoteric traditions of the world's religions, mapping all levels of reality, has now been demonstrated in a rigorous way that dispels all doubt. If you want to discover how this recently discovered, universal mathematical paradigm pervades diverse phenomena such as superstrings, DNA and the diatonic musical scales, study the huge body of research here. It will challenge your mathematical ability. But you will discover wonders that reveal the nature of the "cosmic computer program" .....

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 06:26 AM
link   
This has to be one of my favourite theories on the universe, always loved the matrix so yeah!
I've also made a thread in the past presenting other possible evidence for the theory
cosmic rays offer clues our universe is a computer simulation

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   
This, while compelling, has been discussed in our forum many times before.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Just to name 2. It's a fascinating topic.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   
I find all of this fascinating... but ridiculous. I wonder how easy it is, morally speaking, for a deranged and mentally ill person to buy into this "theory". This is why people kill kindergartners and shoot up theaters, because if we live in a computer simulation there are no consequences for one's soul, and if it isn't "real" then who cares what people do.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheSubversiveOne

If this was true, in our reality, our simulations are just simulations of a simulation, how can one fathom such an idea possible?

And would you share, how come you think that a simulation "inside" of a simulation is not possible

Seriously? Are you an infant with writing skills? ...oooor is there something i don't get here?

I just really do not understand, how you can be saying that you think sim inside a sim is a impossible idea. Outright dummy imho.

Ye trolling...? Maybe.

EDIT:

Generally i feel that "people" here are not getting the word "simulation".
edit on 22-12-2012 by menneni because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Do you know what kind of anxiety this would throw on science loving people? The world of science saying your trapped in a computer simulation? It would be like saying a religion is real and there is something more but we dot know what.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join