It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 Doomsday averted? Perhaps... BUT: Do not stop prepping... NEVER stop prepping.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
So the Mayan end date has passed and the much hyped Dec 21st Doomsday has passed with surprisingly little news of any strange events and even lack of mass suicides or crazies acting out.

BUT

DO NOT STOP PREPPING.

Prepping is a lifestyle. Prepping is self-reliance. Just because this Doomsday has passed does not mean we do not live in perilous times. The USA is being dismantled and is headed for a designed collapse. This may happen in months or years.... no one will know the time or the hour. No one will know when the last straw will set off a chain of events that lead to chaos.

Do not be persuaded by mass-media and government that demonizes preppers as gun-toting fanatics with mental issues.

NO....

Dec 21 2012 may have been a PSY-OP intended to discredit and disenfranchise the prepper movement.
Regardless if it was hyped intentionally or simply used by the powers that be. Do not stop prepping.

There is NOTHING wrong in being self reliant.
There is NOTHING wrong in being able to survive without government assistance.
There is NOTHING that says we are free from potential calamity tomorrow or the next day.

This is not to say that we should live in doom and gloom and fear EVERY DAY. No. We should cherish life, and love and live... but always....BE PREPARED (Boy Scout Motto)

edit on (12/21/12) by AllSeeingI because: format

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
This is why we need to stockpile GOLD before TPTB use the RESERVE BANKS to take away ALL OUR MONEY and create a ONE WORLD ECONOMY. This is the beginning of the end and the start of the apocalypse because they will USE THAT ONE WORLD ECONOMY TO CREATE A ZOMBIE VIRUS

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
completely agree with you ... don't rely on big brother to be there for you in the time of need ...

one of the reasons am glad that 2012 thingy didnt happen, cos am not finished prepping ... tho i feel no matter how much i acquire, i'll never feel quite ready for every scenario ..

those last couple of bad winters still have me kinda edgy ... i been preppin with t hose winters in mind .. still not there yet ... but far more prepared than i was a couple of winters ago ...

good advice !!

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperZepto

You guys ever give up..?

Read this carefully:

Only when the last tree has died, the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize that we cannot eat money.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Indeed. Stockpile everything you may need to survive and trade.
There are far more legitimate realistic doomsday scenarios that currently threaten the USA and the World.
More real than a misinterpreted ancient calendar.

Be prepared. Live to prep.... Prep to live.
edit on (12/21/12) by AllSeeingI because: spelling

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I am currently celebrating the end of the world and the Afterparty will be in my local pub, sadly I didn't get to start this thread today:

A friend of mine did a 'round the world' backpack trip and met a spiritual leader in an Asian country, an 'enlightened master', who was asked what will happen in 2012. His answer was: "2012? In 2013 the human civilization may be destroyed, but it may be postponed for further 70-80 years, but it will happen..."

I am definately not fearmongering, if it's our fate to die, then die we will! But if you are a prepper, don't throw your gear away just yet....
I'll start prepping a bit in the coming weeks, just to make life easier if something happens and I survive.

I'm not sure if I'm supposed to tell this story, because I know there are followers of said leader on this board and I don't have any links....

Anyway: enjoy the rest of the 'end of the world day', good luck and blessings.
Sam

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I just don't like the idea of people hoarding food and supplies for themselves or a couple of people when they could be putting that money to better use feeding people who need food now. If I had the excess income to "prep" I absolutely guarantee I'd be feeding other people way before I'd buy food for myself that I may never even eat.
edit on 12/21/2012 by AlphaX because: spelling

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I agree completely -- to a point. If one is spending their entire life savings prepping, and every waking hour is devoted to planning for the end of it all, they are missing out on life in my opinion.

People always talk about the Carrington event, 6.0 earthquakes, and things that have been happening all along. We hear about how we just know more now, more people are paying attention, tracking, measuring, analyzing, etc.

The point that people tend to miss in my opinion is that a 6.0 that hit in the 1800's will have a much different result than the same 6.0 that struck today. We have more people,. more buildings, shoddy, aging infrastructure, etc.

People should be prepared to take care of themselves and their family in the event of any natural disaster, which could realistically happen tomorrow, next month, or hopefully 50 years from now.

Personally, I will never be in a position where I am not at least prepared for a thirty day period without having to rely on modern day conveniences.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

Agree. Not suggesting one devote all funds or time to prepping. Live in the moment and enjoy life as much as you can. Improve the quality of life for those around you.

People should have at least food and water for months. Plans for relocating based on various scenarios. Network of friends and family to work with. Plans for clean water. And develop skills for basic survival. Build a library of survival books. Boy Scout Handbook. SAS Survival Handbook ... Homesteading guides etc. Seeds and also means to protect ones group. What ever that is I will let you decide.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
preparation doesn't mean spending a bunch of money necessarily.

Many people in a black out could die just for not keeping a fluid container out of the garbage and putting water in it.
Seriously, we are taught that this is free and plentiful but if power goes out for more than a few days, some people will be drinking out of the backs of their toilets if they havent already screwed up and flushed them.... and that's freaking disgusting. It doesn't have to be the end of the world for the power to go out.

Before modern conveniences, prepping WAS a way of life.... because that is already how people were surviving.

Even if nothing happens like this very often, the more dependent you are.... the more you are getting screwed. The more people clearly want you to be dependent on them... or other conveniences, the more they are clearly wanting to screw you.
edit on 22-12-2012 by NotAnAspie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperZepto

I've never understood the point in stockpiling precious metals for a SHTF event. In order to be worth something, precious metals REQUIRE some degree of civilization...something that will be ABSENT in a SHTF event. So, you'll be purchasing something that will be worthless in such an event. Who's going to want gold over bullets, food, medicine, or even cigarettes, in such a world?

As for not stopping prepping....

I can think of many non-SHTF scenarios where prepping comes in handy as well, whether short-term disasters, or even something more mundane like being out of work for months. Stockpiles of food certainly come in handy when stretching the budget.....

Personally, I doubt there will ever be a complete breakdown of society in my lifetime. However, the chance for such a disruption for say, three months, is still pretty likely at some point...and if so, some prepping can go a long way.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by AllSeeingI

I am with you on this one Brother.

Good reminder.

new topics

top topics

join