It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amend the 2nd amendmentÉ

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
DUUUUUUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is huge!!!!!
You pretty much just completely trashed the 2nd Amendment argument, Much respect

Gun advocates love to point out the wording of that "the right to bear arms shall not be infringed"
So because its right there in black and white for all to see and was written by Lincoln or Jefferson or whoever there is no right to stop a hardened sociopathic criminal from having a gun as well. It makes no exceptions!!!!!!!!!!

Where were you 3 days ago LOL
My argument was times change and its no longer relevant, mine you can argue with but yours......
So simple yet I havent heard it used before, Im hopeful yet very pessimistic this profound argument will actually make any difference or even provoke any thought with gun advocates.

Basically with most gun lovers if its pro gun its a great argument, if its anti gun its weak idiotic and your a troll

Funny they say that, look at the quality of the responses so far, not 1 of them has been intelligent or addressed what you actually said. Unfortunately thats the norm for their side on this debate.

Well thought out S&F

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

Thanks at least someone gets the hypocrisy of their arguments..

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

Another Commie. Nobody is taking our guns. We just need to close our borders and tell the rest of the world to fend for themselves. That would start every country but the USA's SHTF scenerio. Obviously you guys want to fight...thus the tread title. So like an Awesome American that I am, "if we can't get along, lets get it on"... Eat it COMMIES!

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ConspiraCity

Are you so sure? "Cold dead hands" yield their contents rather easily I would think.....

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I can agree with one thing: if you want to change the second amendment, it's going to REQUIRE another amendment to the constitution like prohibition (18th) and its' repeal (21st).
I cannot agree that it needs to be revised as there is no constitutional process for amending amendments.

I don't understand your point about the Equal Rights Amendment since it never passed.

ganjoa

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
people who are anti gun do realize that even if there is a new AWB that it wont get rid of any guns from private hands right? just potently make selling new weapons/high caps illegal.(exempting the ones allready in circulation) for a few decades like the last awb did.

so even if a new law is passed it wont do much to get these weapons out of private hands anyways and increase their value to boot,and as guns have been selling like hotcackes for the last 5ish years because of the mere hint of a ban all its really done is assure that more Americans went out and bought more guns and continued to make gun makers richer

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by RalagaNarHallas
people who are anti gun do realize that even if there is a new AWB that it wont get rid of any guns from private hands right? just potently make selling new weapons/high caps illegal.(exempting the ones allready in circulation) for a few decades like the last awb did.

so even if a new law is passed it wont do much to get these weapons out of private hands anyways and increase their value to boot,and as guns have been selling like hotcackes for the last 5ish years because of the mere hint of a ban all its really done is assure that more Americans went out and bought more guns and continued to make gun makers richer

And the reason why it won't do much to get the already untold amounts of firearms out of the hands of the public who are being sold out like pigs to a slaughterhouse is because if they *don't* grandfather the old ones they will have a full on rebellion very nearly instantaneously. Mass confiscation of privately owned property is something that Joe Q. Public is extremely touchy about.

.Gov is crazy, power hungry, and tyrannical, but stupid they are not.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by netwarrior

www.washingtontimes.com... old one but relevant on what could happen if they even tried to go round up guns and seize them,alot of states have the right to bear arms added to their own constitutions and i dont think it would just be montana getting upset up the feds tried to seize guns or get rid of the 2nd amendment all together

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

You truly are an idiot if you think they will kill anyone who doesn't give them up. The amount of money they would need would be insane. Not to mention no soldier or officer would kill their own people and families.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ConspiraCity
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

You truly are an idiot if you think they will kill anyone who doesn't give them up. The amount of money they would need would be insane. Not to mention no soldier or officer would kill their own people and families.

Just a stupid dream I had several years ago in which the schools went on lockdown and parents couldn't collect their kids unless/until they relinquished their guns to armed men in big tracter trailer rigs out in the parking lot. In the dream I was up on our roof watching it happenin at the school just down the road and it did go violent. Then I woke up and couldn't get back into the dream, but that possibility has always nagged at my mind.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by kerazeesicko

A person convicted of a violent crime, if that person has paid his debt to society through whatever sentence the courts have imposed upon him, should not be made to endure an additional sentence above and beyond the sentence passed by the courts.

Felons are people too. They have the same right to defend themselves and their families against violence just as any non-felon has the right to do so. Many felons, though they committed crimes, are still patriots at heart. As such, they have just as much right as any other to take up Arms in the defense of America against any tyrannical government that seeks to overthrow our republic as set forth in the Constitution.

Bear in mind that the Second Amendment states clearly that the acts of keeping and bearing Arms is a "right", not a priviledge. If it were a priviledge then it could be rightfully stripped away from those that do not work to preserve its benefits. As a "right", it cannot be stripped away any more than your right to free speech or your right to worship whatsoever god you choose to worship.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by seeker1963
reply to post by kerazeesicko

Can we also get an ammendment to change our flag to include rainbows and unicorns???

I think they are soooooo cute.........

The spangles are cute enough dont you think? Oh I love how those stars spangle.

I guess spangling a few unicorns and rainbows wouldnt hurt.

You can never have enough spangles.
edit on 22-12-2012 by spangledbanner because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join